TN WR Shamar Porter (Kensucky transfer)

Doesn’t the fact that he attends Ensworth all but eliminate us? Tongue in cheek obv but I’m fairly certainly we rarely get ‘cruits from that school unless I’m mistaking it for another school.

Also, it’ll be interesting to see where he’s ranked next year. Really strange phenomenon I’ve noticed is that highly rated underclassmen in state receivers and corners really fall in the rankings (or aren’t heavily pursued by big schools) come their senior year.

Doesn’t the fact that he attends Ensworth all but eliminate us? Tongue in cheek obv but I’m fairly certainly we rarely get ‘cruits from that school unless I’m mistaking it for another school.

Also, it’ll be interesting to see where he’s ranked next year. Really strange phenomenon I’ve noticed is that highly rated underclassmen in state receivers and corners really fall in the rankings (or aren’t heavily pursued by big schools) come their senior year.
We got Key Lawrence

It's every program in the state UT doesn't get kids from.

A truly sad body of evidence that that the Vol fans of recent years are not impressing the kids of the importance of staying home and giving their all. Not representing the program well enough to influence the young ones as they come up through the systems.

A truly sad body of evidence that that the Vol fans of recent years are not impressing the kids of the importance of staying home and giving their all. Not representing the program well enough to influence the young ones as they come up through the systems.
Instate kids today get to hear "so called" Vols fans talk about how bad we suck. It has to be super encouraging. 🤦‍♂️

Instate kids today get to hear "so called" Vols fans talk about how bad we suck. It has to be super encouraging. 🤦‍♂️
Maybe it’s just me.......but I’d rather be a part of starting something special, than keeping or maintaining it.

Think the “Unforgettables” at Kentucky.

Reactions: feathersax

What school a kid attends has nothing to do with where they will or will not go to college. Tiny cm from Ensworth, Keyshawn Lawrence cm from there. The big TE turned OT came from there. This isnwhay I speak of when I say many of you have a defeated soft mindset. If a coach and his staff does their job they can get whoever they want.

Maybe it’s just me.......but I’d rather be a part of starting something special, than keeping or maintaining it.

Think the “Unforgettables” at Kentucky.

I don't disagree with the mindset but kids want to win 99% of the time not gamble on a rebuild. I only speak on that because I hear it all the time and no not just towards UT but others too.

I don't disagree with the mindset but kids want to win 99% of the time not gamble on a rebuild. I only speak on that because I hear it all the time and no not just towards UT but others too.

I get it, but statues will be built for those players that get this program back to where it should be. I’d want that if I was a kid.

I get it, but statues will be built for those players that get this program back to where it should be. I’d want that if I was a kid.

I see what you're saying but kids want to win and experience happiness winning. They aren't built like 80s/90s babies. This is the Lebron generation

I agree that kids want to be around winners, on the field and in the stands and now in social media as well. Every school has their share of gadflies but the impression given by the percentages of posts by the entire array of fan types may well be having an impact. It is my belief that guys like me that have higher standards of conduct by fans have dropped off the boards since those of similar ilk but WITH actual inside information have grown weary of reading through the cutesy crap and certainly tired of responding to those that don't value discretion at all when dealing with the realities facing programs like ours that for sure have uphill battles to get back to relevance and championship contention. Their absence cuts down on many folks time on these boards and skews the impression of our fanbase. Pretty easy to see those that value hate more than hope when discussing their own program. I no longer believe that if you ignore them they will go away, the sad psychosis that drives folks like this seems to often to be deep rooted and they tend to increase their output till they get enough responses to satisfy their desires. So now, schools have to overcome this group of their own on the recruiting trail. I guess it is natural for the percentages of these guys to go up around programs that have been where we have been. Perception of the program is what it is in total. History has shown us that the impact of the negatrons can be overcome by players and coaches coming together and changing trendlines on the field, but it would be so much easier when the overall impression of the fanbase is more supportive, even when current status does not project immediate major strides. The justification of sorry fan behavior based on wins and losses is what it is. I don't know how anyone claiming fandom can justify their behavior when they would not accept it from players and staff. The recent discussions of a departing QB's public outputs is a prime example of double standard application. Their net value add to the program is on full display as well. Just don't care for folks that talk out of both sides of their keyboards. It is possible to deal with painful realities without providing additional negatives for the program. We are due a feel good story after the path we have taken post Fulmer. Not enough body of work out their to take hard stances either way yet. Here is hoping that our new AD continues his trendline.

One player that has yet to make his way to Knoxville since Heupel and company arrived is Shamar Porter of Ensworth. That is set to change today as the Nashville native is scheduled to be in town. Tennessee loves his game and what he brings to the table. Tonight could be a nice 'Hello!" for the Vols to Porter.
VQ

Any news on this kid and how the visit went? Looked everywhere and can’t find anything

I see what you're saying but kids want to win and experience happiness winning. They aren't built like 80s/90s babies. This is the Lebron generation
News for you---- Tennessee is a winner. We have a real head coach and solid staff now. The feedback from current players that recruits receive is going to win over some good fits.

VN Store

Back