Joe Milton - Every Snap Minn, Mich St and Indiana

Milton was a failure at Michigan. Bailey is better andaa

Or the dummies just wrote this post. Milton failed at Michigan. Bailey is twice as good and a 5 star. This idiot coach will probably pick Milton and it is bye bye Bailey. Some one will get him and he will end up beating are ass. Typical TN BS. It never stops.
best case scenario for HB. coaches put him 3rd on depth chart. he refuses to play more than 4 games and transfers to UGA where he teams up with Gilbert and D.Washington and leads the dawgs to the natty.

Bailey's simply a winner and with very limited live game reps has shown excellent field vision. In Heupel's system the QB should have a good idea where the ball is going prior to the snap.......identifying the mismatch, counting the players in the box, etc.....the quickest and most consistent decision-maker should get the nod and it's gonna take several games to identify the best one

I would like to see the same for Hooker. I was more enthused about Milton before I saw the videos honestly.

Reactions: mpfvol
Milton was a failure at Michigan. Bailey is better andaa

Or the dummies just wrote this post. Milton failed at Michigan. Bailey is twice as good and a 5 star. This idiot coach will probably pick Milton and it is bye bye Bailey. Some one will get him and he will end up beating are ass. Typical TN BS. It never stops.

With all due respect, neither Milton nor Bailey have done anything, yet, to allow a confident opinion that they are even SEC level QBs. Milton didn't "fail" at Michigan any more than Burrows was a failure before his transfer. Similarly, Bailey has done very little at the college level to crow about, yet. Both were high school stars with great college potential --nothing more, yet. There is no way to say today that either one is better than the other based on where they've been. We'll know more about that by October, I hope.

Further, to call Heupel an "idiot coach" is, with all due respect, idiotic. This coach was a winner as a player and a winner as a coach everywhere he has been. I don't know that he is the answer at Tennessee, but I sure will defer to his ability to evaluate a player long before acknowledging the greatness of a 5 star high school ranking by some group of self appointed talent evaluators who don't have real jobs.

Finally, the QB who actually has produced (for limited periods) in college is Hooker and he shouldn't be counted out of this race quite yet. GBO!

I can’t get over how bad Michigan’s play design was. Some of the design QB runs were nice, but their passing concepts are awful. Their WR’s were booty as well. I expect big things from Milton this year. This offense should be easier for him to grasp and we’ll actually have plays designed to get guys open. The only thing I don’t like about Milton is for a 6’5 245 pound guy, he doesn’t try to run anybody over. I mean he should be punishing DB’s at the 2nd level. Milton definitely has the talent to be the next Cam Newton or Tebow, the question is will he develop and play up to his ceiling.

Reactions: FBtime
With all due respect, neither Milton nor Bailey have done anything, yet, to allow a confident opinion that they are even SEC level QBs. Milton didn't "fail" at Michigan any more than Burrows was a failure before his transfer. Similarly, Bailey has done very little at the college level to crow about, yet. Both were high school stars with great college potential --nothing more, yet. There is no way to say today that either one is better than the other based on where they've been. We'll know more about that by October, I hope.

Further, to call Heupel an "idiot coach" is, with all due respect, idiotic. This coach was a winner as a player and a winner as a coach everywhere he has been. I don't know that he is the answer at Tennessee, but I sure will defer to his ability to evaluate a player long before acknowledging the greatness of a 5 star high school ranking by some group of self appointed talent evaluators who don't have real jobs.

Finally, the QB who actually has produced (for limited periods) in college is Hooker and he shouldn't be counted out of this race quite yet. GBO!

He does not deserve "all due respect" He is a troll posting through an alt.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
You cannot run like that in the SEC and last. You will NOT last. The linebackers are too good at squaring up on you in space. If you run, you have to make sure you don't get hit, like Vince Young, Dobbs, Manziel... etc.. You have to be more illusive. You cannot run people over in the SEC. They will hurt you.

He was erratic on the deep throws, forced too many balls into double coverage and lacked touch on the intermediate throws. That said, he is agile for a big QB and has a laser arm. If he can improve on his accuracy and timing, he will be dangerous. He's got the talent to play at the next level for sure.

He does not deserve "all due respect" He is a troll posting through an alt.
:) Everyone deserves respect, until they don't. And yes, this poster may well be a troll. "All due respect" may not be much --- here it probably isn't--- but who am I to say? ;)

best case scenario for HB. coaches put him 3rd on depth chart. he refuses to play more than 4 games and transfers to UGA where he teams up with Gilbert and D.Washington and leads the dawgs to the natty.

Bailey's simply a winner and with very limited live game reps has shown excellent field vision. In Heupel's system the QB should have a good idea where the ball is going prior to the snap.......identifying the mismatch, counting the players in the box, etc.....the quickest and most consistent decision-maker should get the nod and it's gonna take several games to identify the best one
I think his skill set would fit Bama’s offense better

You cannot run like that in the SEC and last. You will NOT last. The linebackers are too good at squaring up on you in space. If you run, you have to make sure you don't get hit, like Vince Young, Dobbs, Manziel... etc.. You have to be more illusive. You cannot run people over in the SEC. They will hurt you.

Tebow?

Gilbert isn’t at UGA anymore

A fair assessment and I've felt Milton was the guy since Heupel signed him.

Milton forced throws at MI because of pressure and simply needing to make SOME play. Harbaugh did him zero favors by not simplifying the offense/routes to account for a "not ready for the B1G time" offense line. Classic Harbaugh, ignore the "big uglies" and get your a$$ handed to you on the offensive and defensive line. Trenches.... still matter a lot in the B1G and Harbaugh continues to lose them every year.

So, how's the UT O-Line? Is our QB going to be bobbing and weaving and rolling and improvising? Let's be honest, if the O-Line sucks we're screwed.

I want us to be "QB U" with Heupel but in the SEC that means being "OL U" first. Are we? The "stars" said we were but.......
Great comment, agree completely

Yeah original poster said he left out running plays..he did awesome work appreciate the edits...Milton looks the part...we will see...think he's gonna get the start
I didn’t create them, just provided links. That person did a great job I agree

Reactions: VolnJC
As I said in another thread, I watched every Michigan game last year (out of family interests, not mine). The Michigan people viewed him as a complete bust. I was only going by the eye test as a casual uninterested observer, but I was not impressed. The offense couldn’t sustain drives, and was very lackluster in general. I’m not normally a stats guy, but his numbers are so bland that they don’t seem realistic for someone who had spent three years in a system. He does have a much more QB friendly offense now, and a much better receiving corp. So we’ll see. I hope he balls out. But I saw nothing to make me believe that he will.

Reactions: mpfvol and NEVolFan
Every-time I watched Michigan play last year I always was shocked how they did not have a better QB than Milton. He just never put together a good performance when I tuned in. He has all the physical tools, but never seemed to put it together. I hope it was a coaching issue during his time at Michigan. I trust Huepel at this time more than the “ QB Guru” Jim Harbaugh.

Honestly, it was decent film, but not top tier qb play.

1. A couple of those aacks he should have thrown the ball away.

2. Need to develop a little more finesse on the shorter throws. It's hard for a wr to catch a 95 mph fastball from 20 feet.

3. Decision making on some of the mid length throws. More than a few times he threw into double coverage, when he had receivers open on other routes.

4. I hope he has gotten better on deep throws of 25+ yards, because he overthrew a lot of those.

He has arm talent, and can keep a defense honest with his legs. Maybe CJH has worked with him enough to get rid of some of those issues. And he's definitely light years better than what we had with JG.

Jmo which doesn't mean squat.
He's talented no doubt and CJH has really been a good thing for him, but alot of those passes in his film will be interceptions with faster and more physical dbs. I've seen him practice and I came away impressed

Reactions: buckfama
I can’t find a similar video with all snaps but here’s a highlight video. So of course It will only be the great plays (and annoying music)

I'm probably in the minority here but I think Hooker is the better option. Better, more elusive runner. About even on accuracy, maybe advantage Hooker. Milton definitely has the stronger arm though.

Not sure he is a good fit for Tennessee. He looked at two, sometimes three receivers before throwing the ball.

His release and delivery were way too fast. Needs to be much slower so that db's can adjust - He moves, adjusts and has a feel in the pocket. Not good, as he didn't take nearly enough sacks. And he is completing more than the handoff/pass to an end around, and the jump ball - floater way down field - creating problems for our receivers in what to expect. Further, he is way too mobile and appears to be somewhat of a duel purpose, duel threat. This creates challenges for our offensive linemen and the rest of the team. Based on what we have seen the last 3 seasons - he is not a good fit at all.

Reactions: Tombo7
I just keep thinking about how much better the Vols looked in general against Big Ten teams last decade, and how nerfed they were vs the SEC those same seasons.

We looked pretty good against Iowa, Northwestern, Nebraska, and Indiana. As others have pointed out, the coverage, the pursuit, the closing speed - it's all different in the SEC.

Not trying to rain on the parade. Nothing would make me happier than Milton being a great QB, or any of our QBs being great for that matter.

I'm probably in the minority here but I think Hooker is the better option. Better, more elusive runner. About even on accuracy, maybe advantage Hooker. Milton definitely has the stronger arm though.
Remember this is just highlights, not bad plays too

Whatever the coaches think. I just hope we keep all 3

VN Store

Back