Joe Milton - Every Snap Minn, Mich St and Indiana

But but.. That's all everyone is talking about is that incredible arm strength.. All the player interviews.. First question that gets asked.. All joking aside.. My fear is during live action.. This may be a issue. He knows he can muscle the ball in... A good defense will key in on this... Like you.. Just my opinion.
I’d rather have a winner. So many of you have tied onto such and such qb for whatever reason. The qb wins and loses the game. There are winners and losers, what was his win loss record. Did he win the starting job or lose it. I just want a winner

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I’d rather have a winner. So many of you have tied onto such and such qb for whatever reason. The qb wins and loses the game. There are winners and losers, what was his win loss record. Did he win the starting job or lose it. I just want a winner
I want a winner as well.. But I also have my concerns.. Especially with SEC defenses. I'm not for or against any of the QBs.. I actually feel that all 3 are good options. You haven't seen me say much on any of them..

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I watched the snaps vs Minnesota, Mich St and Indiana and I gotta tell you this dude has major talent. He made some unbelievable throws on the run and can move around. The issues as has been documented is the heat on the ball and a few times threw into coverage (but all QBs do that sometimes). I have to say that the Michigan receivers dropped a ton of good passes and didn't get a lot of separation in their routes at times. Our receivers are going to be much faster this year I think. All in all I see why the staff is so high on him.

See for yourself:

Milton was a failure at Michigan. Bailey is better andaa
When I predicted Milton to be the starter 2 months ago I was flamed and told I knew nothing of football.

Things really change fast on VN. Too bad the dummies are the ones that talk the loudest and dis the others.
Or the dummies just wrote this post. Milton failed at Michigan. Bailey is twice as good and a 5 star. This idiot coach will probably pick Milton and it is bye bye Bailey. Some one will get him and he will end up beating are ass. Typical TN BS. It never stops.

Bailey should start. Milton and Hooker were failures or they wouldn’t be at Tennessee. Typical TN bad coaching decision. Another long 3 years with Humpone in charge. Let’s start looking for a coach now.

Reactions: LittleVol
When I predicted Milton to be the starter 2 months ago I was flamed and told I knew nothing of football.

Things really change fast on VN. Too bad the dummies are the ones that talk the loudest and dis the others.
Because you might be right but wrong guy starting. BAILEY

Or the dummies just wrote this post. Milton failed at Michigan. Bailey is twice as good and a 5 star. This idiot coach will probably pick Milton and it is bye bye Bailey. Some one will get him and he will end up beating are ass. Typical TN BS. It never stops.
his first post… troll alert

Bailey should start. Milton and Hooker were failures or they wouldn’t be at Tennessee. Typical TN bad coaching decision. Another long 3 years with Humpone in charge. Let’s start looking for a coach now.
I don't know who will be QB 1,Im a Bailey fan myself, but writing them off because they are transfers is stupid. There is a TON of QBs who transfer and it ended up working out for them.

This ain't even scratching the surface, but

Ryan Mallett
Russell Wilson
Jake Coker
Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Will Grier
Cam Newton
Riley Ferguson
Jalen Hurts
JT Daniels
Joe Burrow
Justin Fields

Last edited:
He averaged 2.5 yards per rush @ Michigan so on 4th down bring the yardstick out. Because 4X2.5 = 1st down. Just run him every down. Those QB rushes are exciting. At 2.5 per rush he is a dominant dual threat.

I watched the snaps vs Minnesota, Mich St and Indiana and I gotta tell you this dude has major talent. He made some unbelievable throws on the run and can move around. The issues as has been documented is the heat on the ball and a few times threw into coverage (but all QBs do that sometimes). I have to say that the Michigan receivers dropped a ton of good passes and didn't get a lot of separation in their routes at times. Our receivers are going to be much faster this year I think. All in all I see why the staff is so high on him.

See for yourself:

Is it just me or does he have a weird throwing motion? It’s almost like a quick snapping motion rather than a follow through. He has a cannon, no doubt, I just wonder how good he can be if Heupel is able to get his mechanics lined out and keep him right between the ears.
GBO!!

Reactions: T2P_Priceless

Thanks for the film. Can’t say the film made me any more or any less confident in his ability as a QB, he certainly looks the part physically, but his play throughout all of that is just average. Plenty of room for massive improvement, hopefully that will be the case, be a shame to see that kind of arm strength go to waste.

Good lord, I caught hell for wanting to be patient and see him on the field 😳 lol. But this guy has my questioning beat by a mile. I was at least respectful that he didn't play well at Michigan. But I wanna see him do good things here and he definitely has everything you want physically. Just wanna see the composure and other traits that make a good qb before claiming hes the next .... insert name ... qb

P.S I trust Heupel

Woah! That guy has freak arm talent and is a great athlete who can create some on his own. We might actually be better than I expected. Great addition.

Bailey is unproven and could be a bust. We just don’t know yet. I have a slight preference for Bailey but if he doesn’t win the job this year it may mean he was overrated in H.S.

See for yourself:

IF he is throwing that much heat, let’s find that stickum they used in the Replacement Players!

He looks good. With another year of practice and experience we may have a nice surprise

Is it just me or do you say … ya but it against MSU, IU, MN??

Reactions: Raebo
It’s nice to see all of his throws and not just the highlights. Some of my takeaways:
- His OL wasnt doing him many favors. He seemed to be running a lot, but he looked very good identifying pressure and getting rid of the ball.

-Wr’s were abysmal. Drops everywhere. Could it be the velocity on his throws or can they just not catch.

-His downfield passing could use work, especially when trying to throw over the top of the defense. Way overthrown.

- He has pretty good accuracy. He places the ball where it needs to be more times than not.

- He ran through his progressions which was really nice to see and usually made the right decision. Although, sometimes he through into traffic but as somebody said above every qb does

Overall, I was very impressed by his skill set. His issues at Michigan really don’t seem to warrant the criticism that he has received. Now, that he is 100% healthy, he will surprise a lot of folks around the country.
Milton practiced 2 seasons there in a pro style traditional offense only attempting 11 passes in games for that time. Harbaugh changes OC’s and they install a brand new offensive system. No Spring Camp to learn it thanks to covid…so Fall Camp was all he had. Then he was a first time starter. I really feel like he was in a program with Harbaugh that reminds me of Pruitt with how he interjects with his players/coaches. Some guys become rattled in their mental game from that type of coaching.

I see a QB that has a lot of trust in his receivers but needs to put more trust in his legs.

Dobbs 2.0 if he plays like he doesn't have an NFL future.

Sadly I don't see that happening.

VN Store

Back