Predicted 2021 record for Tennessee football

Predicted wins and losses

• Total voters
I've permanently adjusted my expectations about Vol football. If the Vols can make it into the end of year top twenty, avoid regular humiliations, and occasionally throw a scare into one of the real powers (Bama, Georgia, Florida), I'll be satisfied. Otherwise, I'm just waiting for B-Ball and baseball seasons.

This schedule is crazy easy. We have enough talent. 6-6 is a Pruitt and JG outcome. 7-5 is good. I’m going with 8-4 as I think Heup is the real deal.

11-1
those darn Pitt Panther nip us early! but we rebound. Go Vols!

I went 4-8 but imagine the line between that and 6-6 is thin.

I hope Im surprised and see something special but I’m not getting my hopes up. Did that too many times under the last three coaches.

If we go 3-9 then....
200.gif

Jk I feel we all know he has to have some time to try to build and get on the right track
First loss, half the board will be like:

47859851e9c4695a52924dd78e2aedf0.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I haven’t looked at the betting sites in a little bit, but I know most opened at 6 wins with some at 5.5 and some at 6.5. With that being said, 6-6 should be what is expected and would be a solid first year. 7-5 should exceed expectations and 5-7 should slightly disappoint. It’s the first year under Heupel and we did lose a lot of talent. Betting sites are good at making money, so I trust their analysis more than anyone wearing the orange tinted glasses or someone with BVS. I respect everyone’s opinion though and hope we shock the SEC this year.

Last edited:
I went with 6-6... My concern is that the type of offense Coach H. runs is not new to the SEC ( e.g., Coach M. was at Auburn 7 years). Offensive schemes do seem to have a shelf life. I remember when the wishbone was unstoppable. At some point SEC defenses seem to figure it out and then it is on to the next offensive scheme. I think Saban has shown you can’t be a one trick pony and be successful in the SEC. I am pulling for Coach H. but he has to be adaptable and I don’t think we know that just yet. Here’s hoping he is...

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Yep, ditto. For some reason I think they'll drop one or two they really shouldn't, and may sneak up on one or two opponents and surprise them. I have no idea either, though.
I think they'll be more fun to watch, at least. But have no clue how that will translate to the win loss column. I've resolved to just try to enjoy the ride this year and wait to decide whether to jump on the hype train or board the fail dozer.

VN Store

Back