Transfer Portal 21-22

I didn’t 🤷🏾‍♀️

You must have not been on the board much when she was dismissed. Either way, it was public knowledge that she was charged with drug possession, which is what was mentioned in the original comment you replied to.

Also, for future reference, someone sharing info you weren’t aware of isn’t “assumptions” or “speculations”. You probably should have all pertinent information on a subject before scolding someone. 🤫

Last edited:
You must have not been on the board much when she was dismissed. Either way, it was public knowledge that she was charged with drug possession, which is what was mentioned in the original comment you replied to.

Also, for future reference, someone sharing info you weren’t aware of isn’t “assumptions” or “speculations”. You probably should have all pertinent information on a subject before scolding someone. 🤫
I absolutely didn’t scold anyone. I’m always on the board…however, unless Zaay or a family member, or the school says it, it’s just speculation and an assumption. Is it likely, absolutely. Definite, no. She mentioned the coaches, maybe it was more to the story. Have you spoken with Zaay or her family?

I absolutely didn’t scold anyone. I’m always on the board…however, unless Zaay or a family member, or the school says it, it’s just speculation and an assumption. Is it likely, absolutely. Definite, no. She mentioned the coaches, maybe it was more to the story. Have you spoken with Zaay or her family?

This board is going to get pretty slow if we can only post direct info from players, family members, or the school. And some of that info might even be defined as speculation.

Endia Banks (5-9 GR guard, Duluth, GA) has entered the portal as a grad xfer out of Miami (FL) WBB; appeared in all 22 games in 2020-21, starting the last 16 & averaging 9.8 PPG, 4.5 RPG & 3.1 APG in 30.2 MPG; ranks 12th all-time in Miami program history for career assists (327)

A little late you think ?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Endia Banks (5-9 GR guard, Duluth, GA) has entered the portal as a grad xfer out of Miami (FL) WBB; appeared in all 22 games in 2020-21, starting the last 16 & averaging 9.8 PPG, 4.5 RPG & 3.1 APG in 30.2 MPG; ranks 12th all-time in Miami program history for career assists (327)

Grad Transfer she is eligible to play right away if she can find a team. You are right about will she be able to find a team? ETSU will take her

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN and djtee

I think probably the Knox News article with the charge and court date isn't just speculation. As someone said earlier, this was public knowledge.

Advanced stats say she is well below average on offense and defense. Poor shooter, poor efficiency, not great on tos. Do not want. As @Volfan2012 said, she may be a good fit at a place like ETSU/FGCU/USF.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I hate that this played a part in her no longer being here.. it’s weed. 🤷🏿‍♂️ But I also get that rules are rules. I hate that something like this derailed what could have been(and could still be) a great career in basketball for her as it has derailed so many other lives in and out of basketball.

Not Kellie’s fault but some of these rules and laws concerning marijuana just need to change for EVERYONE. But alas.. I’m so ready for this season to just begin 😫 I want to see some Lady Vol Basketball!!!!

I hate that this played a part in her no longer being here.. it’s weed. 🤷🏿‍♂️ But I also get that rules are rules. I hate that something like this derailed what could have been(and could still be) a great career in basketball for her as it has derailed so many other lives in and out of basketball.

Not Kellie’s fault but some of these rules and laws concerning marijuana just need to change for EVERYONE. But alas.. I’m so ready for this season to just begin 😫 I want to see some Lady Vol Basketball!!!!

I wish we had more practice clips lol

I think probably the Knox News article with the charge and court date isn't just speculation. As someone said earlier, this was public knowledge.
What is public knowledge is her charge. What isn’t public knowledge is the exact reason that she left Tennessee. We certainly can assume she was dismissed because of her pending charge at the time. It’s probably a good assumption, with a high probability of it being accurate. But at the end of the day, it’s not definite. I’m not sure why this concept is hard for some to grasp.

What is public knowledge is her charge. What isn’t public knowledge is the exact reason that she left Tennessee. We certainly can assume she was dismissed because of her pending charge at the time. It’s probably a good assumption, with a high probability of it being accurate. But at the end of the day, it’s not definite. I’m not sure why this concept is hard for some to grasp.
Zaay said she had to leave because of her poor choices.

So just to keep things from getting a little dull around here…….I think it is ridiculous that any kid (actually or speculatively) gets tossed for possessing a small amount of weed. Community service and expungement should have been applied here. How many kids have had their futures dramatically damaged from something this minor? Way too many IMO!
In an obviously absurd contradiction, if my kid got picked up for that they would probably beg the police to lock them up instead of turning them back over to me. A definite “how could you be so stupid” situation.

So just to keep things from getting a little dull around here…….I think it is ridiculous that any kid (actually or speculatively) gets tossed for possessing a small amount of weed. Community service and expungement should have been applied here. How many kids have had their futures dramatically damaged from something this minor? Way too many IMO!
In an obviously absurd contradiction, if my kid got picked up for that they would probably beg the police to lock them up instead of turning them back over to me. A definite “how could you be so stupid” situation.

And to keep it def from getting dull. Kids getting kicked out of school because of weed. But schools covering up for sexual assaults👀 I said what i said and to bring it back to the transfer portal my kid wouldn't transfer there and i'm glad a certain top player in our league didn't transfer there either

Reactions: Lucy and stlvolsfan

Weed used over a long time is bad for you, many studies show. A few times? Nah. But there is the conundrum: If you are doing weed consistently as an athlete and teammate, how is that going to affect your performance and your role as a member of the team? Kicking someone completely off the team for one or two or a few uses is not appropriate. But continued use after being warned is not appropriate, either. Coaches have to draw the line somewhere. If they clearly communicate that to the athlete, and then the athlete keeps violating the rules, then that might be cause for dismissal.

Weed used over a long time is bad for you, many studies show. A few times? Nah. But there is the conundrum: If you are doing weed consistently as an athlete and teammate, how is that going to affect your performance and your role as a member of the team? Kicking someone completely off the team for one or two or a few uses is not appropriate. But continued use after being warned is not appropriate, either. Coaches have to draw the line somewhere. If they clearly communicate that to the athlete, and then the athlete keeps violating the rules, then that might be cause for dismissal.
Wouldn’t argue with you there.

VN Store

Back