No Cable. Vols streaming discussion. [merged]

guido4198

Earlier this year I cut the cable service. I have ROKU and Amazon's Firestick on my TV's now. I'm looking for recommendations for which streaming service to pick up that will give me the best chance to catch the Vols this season. I don't watch any other sports btw...only college football. ALL Vol games, a few others scattered throughout the season.
Thanks.

Earlier this year I cut the cable service. I have ROKU and Amazon's Firestick on my TV's now. I'm looking for recommendations for which streaming service to pick up that will give me the best chance to catch the Vols this season. I don't watch any other sports btw...only college football. ALL Vol games, a few others scattered throughout the season.
Thanks.

Personally, I use YouTubeTV. I've tried Sling, but found it always wanted to freeze, and not have everything I needed. (And no, it wasn't my internet connectivity either). YouTubeTV is pricier than it used to be, but it's well worth it, in my opinion. They have local stations, as well as SEC Network, and many others. Plus, I can DVR the games on there, and re-watch them.

51JrAcL0XXL._AC_.jpg

YouTube TV has the best DVR of all the streaming services hands down (at least they did when I was researching them, that's why I went with them). If someone has surpassed them, I'd love to know.

Thanks.

If you can get applications from “third-party vendors” on your fire stick, go with Sports Devil.

Thanks.
Do you have a family member with cable? Use it to log into ESPN ap. Works like a charm.

I use Youtube TV - its 64.99/month and you can cancel at any time. I have tried Hulu and it would freeze quite a bit and there was definitely a delay.

Personally, I use YouTubeTV. I've tried Sling, but found it always wanted to freeze, and not have everything I needed. (And no, it wasn't my internet connectivity either). YouTubeTV is pricier than it used to be, but it's well worth it, in my opinion. They have local stations, as well as SEC Network, and many others. Plus, I can DVR the games on there, and re-watch them.
I agree, plus I can cancel if I want after football.

My dad picks up Sling in August and drops it after basketball season. He's tried Youtube TV, but he seems to like Sling better. They have a deal right now where the first month is $10 for the basic package (usually $35/month). If you go that way you'll need Sling Orange with the sports package which I believe adds another $10/month.

Thanks.
Depends on how much you like getting ripped off by Google et al. I use this and get pretty good service at a very good price.

XTREAM PRO SERVICES

This guy does a lot of videos on how to side load apps to a firestick and how to get the best out of it.

www.troypoint.com

I'll probably get an IPTV service for the fall for Sunday ticket. Does this one offer it?
It says it does. I did not have this particular one during the season. Got it just after. I've used several different ones but like this one best for what I want. It plays smooth since I got fiber. I've watched MLB with it no problems. I don't watch the NFL but usually try whatever sport is on when I try out a service.

Reactions: FBtime
To the OP, if you are trying to not spend a lot of money then visit restaurants, sports bars, or visit friends. When that doesn't work for you, use trials of YoutubeTV, Sling, and Hulu. Sometimes they offer a week, sometimes a month. I wouldn't even bother with illegal streams. I used to go searching for the best quality I could find but ended up just paying for YoutubeTV. It's solid but I get it if it is not for you.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
YouTube TV has the best DVR of all the streaming services hands down (at least they did when I was researching them, that's why I went with them). If someone has surpassed them, I'd love to know.
Just started with YouTube TV this last season. It’s a great deal. Plus you can get up to 4 screens I think, so me and my brother split the cost and get two screens each.

This

Reactions: TNHopeful505

VN Store

Back