'22 TN WR Kaydin Pope (Mississippi State commit)

Doesn’t seem close to making a decision per VQ mods.

Between Horton, Miller, and Pope, they said they thought Pope would be the last one to make a decision. One of those three definitely making a decision before August. Two might be off the board by then. But that Pope didn’t seem close.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Doesn’t seem close to making a decision per VQ mods.

Between Horton, Miller, and Pope, they said they thought Pope would be the last one to make a decision. One of those three definitely making a decision before August. Two might be off the board by then. But that Pope didn’t seem close.
He can take as much time as needed, as long as he signs with the good guys.

Depends on how many WRs we will take. Jaylon Glover waited and now the opportunity is gone because we only took 1 RB
I've seen it mentioned we may be only taking 3 WRs. Obviously that could be incorrect, or may change (due to transfers/NCAA penalties). It also makes sense given our roster breakdown -- we are gonna be fine at WR for the next couple of years for sure, but need help basically everywhere else.

We think first of the in-state receivers, but White is VERY fast, and it just may not be possible to turn down someone like that. Also, we hardly mention Elic Ayomanor, so that may tell us something, but I had read he really enjoyed his visit, so who knows. What I can say is that I also found him VERY impressive, the kind of impressive you just don't turn down.

Anyway, glad I am not a coach having to make these difficult calls.

I've seen it mentioned we may be only taking 3 WRs. Obviously that could be incorrect, or may change (due to transfers/NCAA penalties). It also makes sense given our roster breakdown -- we are gonna be fine at WR for the next couple of years for sure, but need help basically everywhere else.

We think first of the in-state receivers, but White is VERY fast, and it just may not be possible to turn down someone like that. Also, we hardly mention Elic Ayomanor, so that may tell us something, but I had read he really enjoyed his visit, so who knows. What I can say is that I also found him VERY impressive, the kind of impressive you just don't turn down.

Anyway, glad I am not a coach having to make these difficult calls.
Elic really enjoyed his visit but he is going to Notre Dame now

Kid needs to quit messing around and commit already. He's still stuck on old information.

That Canadian kid playing in Mass is gonna take his spot if he isn’t careful.
You are in the know, so why are we going to take up to 4 WR in this class? We only lose Jones and Payton after this year. Keeping an abundance of WR like Butch used to is a great way to neglect the trenches.

You are in the know, so why are we going to take up to 4 WR in this class? We only lose Jones and Payton after this year. Keeping an abundance of WR like Butch used to is a great way to neglect the trenches.
We would take the both

Pope is a take no matter how many WR's you have IMO. He has an incredible burst out of breaks, reaching top speed very quickly. This means he could play in the secondary. The ability to reach top speed quickly can lead to a lot of broken up passes and picks.

Reactions: HalfullVol

It was said over a month ago by VQ that we were prepared to take 4. You don’t wait to NEED players to bring them in. 2-3 potentials in the transfer portal and we have crisis thread being started all over.

It was said over a month ago by VQ that we were prepared to take 4. You don’t wait to NEED players to bring them in. 2-3 potentials in the transfer portal and we have crisis thread being started all over.
Numbers will become clearer once they determine if there are scholarship reductions as sanctions. It’s also unclear if the staff will purposely hold spots after NSD for transfers. Finding players at this position is much easier than in the trenches.

Last edited:
Numbers will become clearer once they determine if there are scholarship reductions as sanctions. It’s also unclear if the staff will purposely hold spots after NSD for transfers. Finding players at this position is much easier than I’m the trenches.
I haven’t seen us turn down any linemen. Most likely have one committing tomorrow.

Numbers will become clearer once they determine if there are scholarship reductions as sanctions. It’s also unclear if the staff will purposely hold spots after NSD for transfers. Finding players at this position is much easier than I’m the trenches.
3 OL committed. Likely a 4th tomorrow. 2 DL committed. CRG Is going to take care of that position just fine. Your worries about the trenches are unfounded.

3 OL committed. Likely a 4th tomorrow. 2 DL committed. CRG Is going to take care of that position just fine. Your worries about the trenches are unfounded.
Need to rotate a fair amount of DL with our style of offense. And we will lose these players (at minimum) after this year.

Solomon
Butler
Bumpus
Trembley
Blakely

Granted these are mediocre guys, but we are still short on WDE/Jack help regardless of what Nolan does.

Almost every recruit has said the guys on the team like the current staff a lot more than the old staff. Hearing this gives me a little hope.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Sounds as if he may be left out of Ayomanor wants in. Looks like he is the priority at this point

VN Store

Back