All things STOCKS

No. The Fed has been actively buying ETF's since July of 2020. This thing is 100% supported by the Fed. Once the Fed announces taper (I expect after 2022 Midterms), S&P will fall 1,000-1500 points, imo.
My Google search didn’t find this. Could you provide a link as I’d like to better educate myself on the issue. Thx

No. The Fed has been actively buying ETF's since July of 2020. This thing is 100% supported by the Fed. Once the Fed announces taper (I expect after 2022 Midterms), S&P will fall 1,000-1500 points, imo.
They bought corporate bond ETFs, yes. Not equity ETFs or equities.

The only part of the capital structure that they haven't been buying is equity.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
It's a threat to the integrity of this thread, honestly, when stuff like this gets repeated in here. It's important not to be wrong. There's a conspiracy theorist behind every rock. if you boys attract a few bitcoin shills there won't be any stocks talked about in here anymore.

The Fed might someday buy a bunch of stocks when they see the need. The Japanese central bank certainly did, and does. But we're not there.

I have 500 shares, but who knows when the FDA will finally grant.

I feel it will be soon. They delay seems to stem from the plant inspection, which was scheduled last year, but had to be canceled due to COVID. They completed the inspection last month, so there shouldn't be any more remaining hold ups. I do wonder if this shouldn't be a long term hold (assuming they are approved).

Zero chance I purchase any Chinese stocks moving forward. There's no way to invest in those companies confidently imo.

Yup, the only one I own, I've already been bag holding for several months. Held it this long, might as well wait for it to rebound at some point. But for the last 3-4 months, every time I scan for new stocks, I filter out all Chinese stocks.

I feel it will be soon. They delay seems to stem from the plant inspection, which was scheduled last year, but had to be canceled due to COVID. They completed the inspection last month, so there shouldn't be any more remaining hold ups. I do wonder if this shouldn't be a long term hold (assuming they are approved).

You would think that one month would be good enough...Sheesh.

There are several headwinds I see on the horizon for the market. Debt ceiling fight, infrastructure deal blowing up in the house because of amendments, and the battle for reconciliation package north of $3.5 trillion. I think the only think holding the market up rn is earnings.

Reactions: Carp
You would think that one month would be good enough...Sheesh.

There are several headwinds I see on the horizon for the market. Debt ceiling fight, infrastructure deal blowing up in the house because of amendments, and the battle for reconciliation package north of $3.5 trillion. I think the only think holding the market up rn is earnings.

I think that the uptrend could resume as we get closer to the mid-term election. I think that there is still a bit of fear that the extreme left will run roughshod with the Dems in control. Fear of losing one or both chambers of Congress hopefully pulls the ruling party more center and crazy policy ideas are buried. Like the green new deal. It would be great if the Democrats could shed their extremists like AOC and the rest of the Squad. I don’t even know who the extremists on the far right are anymore since most have died off from the Reagan era and with the Religious Right not having the same influence.

That's the thing though man. Democrats can't control AOC anymore than the Republicans can control Gaetz. The extremes are taking the reigns. They will "reset" this economy with a strong correction that will usher in their 3.5 trillion + budget proposal which will make them the saviors. What they are miscalculating imo is the amount inflation that will be caused and put squarely on their shoulders.

That's the thing though man. Democrats can't control AOC anymore than the Republicans can control Gaetz. The extremes are taking the reigns.

Those individuals can’t be shut up, but the general make-up of the parties can shift away from them. Democrat voters should be smart enough to see that the Squad is trouble, that San Francisco sidewalk feces isn’t a good look, and calling some riots protests and others insurrections is dumb. But I don’t want to get into a political debate other than saying that the extreme fringes are disruptive to strong equity markets.

I'm not looking for a political debate either. The progressive left will stop this infrastructure bill with amendments added to it in the house UNLESS they are given guarantees in the budget bill (likely).

I think that the uptrend could resume as we get closer to the mid-term election. I think that there is still a bit of fear that the extreme left will run roughshod with the Dems in control. Fear of losing one or both chambers of Congress hopefully pulls the ruling party more center and crazy policy ideas are buried. Like the green new deal. It would be great if the Democrats could shed their extremists like AOC and the rest of the Squad. I don’t even know who the extremists on the far right are anymore since most have died off from the Reagan era and with the Religious Right not having the same influence.

I agree with this. I will continue to invest, but more safely, and with significantly less of my portfolio as we get closer to mid terms. Obviously, any downturns with COVID will blow everything up.

Would a money market account fund be the safest to keep my cash to protect against a recession?

I agree with this. I will continue to invest, but more safely, and with significantly less of my portfolio as we get closer to mid terms. Obviously, any downturns with COVID will blow everything up.

Would a money market account fund be the safest to keep my cash to protect against a recession?

yeah I think so. I converted about 75% of my portfolio to cash about a week ago.

I'm not looking for a political debate either. The progressive left will stop this infrastructure bill with amendments added to it in the house UNLESS they are given guarantees in the budget bill (likely).

Spending on actual infrastructure isn’t a bad idea with near zero borrowing rates. But it needs to be actual infrastructure. If they can’t figure out what that is then it would be better to hold off on any spending. We don’t need to spend a couple trillion additionsl on pork and pet projects (such as bailing out poorly managed big cities).

Reactions: DixieVol

Seems like EVERYBODY is asking the same question. Nothing is inexpensive right now. The occasional sector or industry pullbacks haven’t been extreme and they bounce back quickly. Even COVID crashes are getting tiresome and weak.

I kind of leaning more toward getting positioned for the long term. Quality companies. Strong balance sheets and reasonable PEs. Dividend yields. Financials and healthcare. I feel like about anything being bought now might not be moving up for another year or two. I’m inclined to close out any recent purchases after 5-10% gains.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Seems like EVERYBODY is asking the same question. Nothing is inexpensive right now. The occasional sector or industry pullbacks haven’t been extreme and they bounce back quickly. Even COVID crashes are getting tiresome and weak.

I kind of leaning more toward getting positioned for the long term. Quality companies. Strong balance sheets and reasonable PEs. Dividend yields. Financials and healthcare. I feel like about anything being bought now might not be moving up for another year or two. I’m inclined to close out any recent purchases after 5-10% gains.

Nail, head. I've been selling for profits. Doing nothing with Blue chips. They will go down, but not as far, and they will recover faster.
BX, UPS, JNJ, COST, CLX, CVS, PFE, REGN, TGT, T. Light in financials since I own too much of a community bank I help organize 20+ years ago. Also have vanguard low expense stock mutual funds.

Nail, head. I've been selling for profits. Doing nothing with Blue chips. They will go down, but not as far, and they will recover faster.
BX, UPS, JNJ, COST, CLX, CVS, PFE, REGN, TGT, T. Light in financials since I own too much of a community bank I help organize 20+ years ago. Also have vanguard low expense stock mutual funds.

I have a few Vanguard mutual funds, because that’s what I’m offered in my 401Ks and an HSA. I’d rather be in Vanguard ETFs but I’ll have to do that with the self directed IRAs and after tax accounts. I think I’ll swap the 401Ks to IRAs. I don’t see any reason to stay in former employer plans.

Reactions: mrorange211
I have a few Vanguard mutual funds, because that’s what I’m offered in my 401Ks and an HSA. I’d rather be in Vanguard ETFs but I’ll have to do that with the self directed IRAs and after tax accounts. I think I’ll swap the 401Ks to IRAs. I don’t see any reason to stay in former employer plans.
Nope, many employer 401Ks have higher expenses for the same fund purchased from VG, Fidelity and others.
I was self employed for 25+ years so my retirement is primarily a SEP-IRA and Roth.

Reactions: mrorange211

VN Store

Back