Tennessee Lady Vol News

I know expecting Key to get close to 300 points this season and Striplin won't have to do much in relief. I like her as a much better shooter than Kashi and if you foul her in the act of shooting you just gave up two points.

True ! i agree.

I've always thought Emily would be the backup for Tamari. It is her opportunity to take that spot and I believe we will see a much more capable Emily over last year.

As for Karo, she is the prototype 4 in Kellies system. She is strong with good size and she can rebound and shoot. Will she take a starting job away from Green or Dye? We shall see. I see big minutes for her especially if she is effective right off the bat. She compliments Tamari better than any of the incumbents. Honestly, we need contributions from all three players if they are to keep people honest when playing Tamari.

I've always thought Emily would be the backup for Tamari. It is her opportunity to take that spot and I believe we will see a much more capable Emily over last year.

As for Karo, she is the prototype 4 in Kellies system. She is strong with good size and she can rebound and shoot. Will she take a starting job away from Green or Dye? We shall see. I see big minutes for her especially if she is effective right off the bat. She compliments Tamari better than any of the incumbents. Honestly, we need contributions from all three players if they are to keep people honest when playing Tamari.
Emily may play some five yet to be seen where she is. If they have figured out a way to make her faster running the floor then she could play some minutes. She posts up well for shots but she has a tough time running the floor and that is the reason she was pulled so quickly in some games she played last season.

I don't see anyway that Dye doesn't play huge minutes the way she can shoot the mid-range shot and from the elbows make her a threat everytime she touches the ball. She can also take it to the rack if you try to guard to close. Plenty of minutes for Karoline to play no doubt she is going to be in there. She was a really strong post up player in high school bigger and stronger players may need some adjustment in the SEC. By the time she goes up against Key, Green and others in practice I think she will be ready.

No disagreement from me what you just said about Emily is spot on. We can all agree this has players that can get done on the offensive end. But also need to take into account how do we match up against the top teams position by position and player for player, Just my take.

Reactions: Rickster
I don't see anyway that Dye doesn't play huge minutes the way she can shoot the mid-range shot and from the elbows make her a threat everytime she touches the ball. She can also take it to the rack if you try to guard to close. Plenty of minutes for Karoline to play no doubt she is going to be in there. She was a really strong post up player in high school bigger and stronger players may need some adjustment in the SEC. By the time she goes up against Key, Green and others in practice I think she will be ready.

If Dye can be a slasher and mid range bucket getter to complement Rae and Jordan, I’d prefer the four be able to step out at least to the short corner rather than have two bigs clogging the lane. Karoline may fit that best.

I think Dye will get minutes but she has one year left as does Green and Kellie needs to develop depth so she's not starting over next season at that position.

I agree re Emily,,,I really would like to see her step up and rest TK,,,Karo is better suited to play the elbow bc of her midrange game and ability to finish contested drives

VN Store

Back