Tennessee vs Texas (merged)

Hairy Vols

Growing up I used to always hear about them stealing our UT logo, our Power T logo, etc. I don't exactly know how much validity are in those claims but I think the addition to them in the conference could be fun/good for us.

Esp if we can win early. Texas has had their fair share of recent football blunders as well.

We have the similar color schemes, similar logos, and similar state pride.

I know this is likely a stretch, but I've seen some negativity about them and OK joining the conference so I thought maybe we could look at this in a more positive light!!

I think having them on the schedule every few years could be fun. "The Battle for the Power T" or something along those lines. (I'm sure someone could easily come up with a better name than that, lol)

After all we are the REAL UT, and not them. Tennessee should be considered the real UT, not Texas. Here's why.

What do yall think?

Attachments

• large_201903151757.jpg
    large_201903151757.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 6
Growing up I used to always hear about them stealing our UT logo, our Power T logo, etc. I don't exactly know how much validity are in those claims but I think the addition to them in the conference could be fun/good for us.

Esp if we can win early. Texas has had their fair share of recent football blunders as well.

I know this is likely a stretch, but I've seen some negativity about them and OK joining the conference so I thought maybe we could look at this in a more positive light!!

I think having them on the schedule every few years could be fun. "The Battle for the Power T" or something along those lines. (I'm sure someone could easily come up with a better name than that, lol)

After all we are the REAL UT, and not them. Tennessee should be considered the real UT, not Texas. Here's why.

What do yall think?

Probably a good time to run for cover after posting this

What do yall think?

They are joining the conference, and I would like to play them. If they are going to be here, then we should capitalize on the disdain between the two states/fanbases as much as possible, because rivalries are the best part of college sports.

People may flame you, because they are resistant to the change that we have zero power to affect. However, if everything is going to burn, I would at least like to have some fun slugfests before it goes down the tubes.

They are joining the conference, and I would like to play them. If they are going to be here, then we should capitalize on the disdain between the two states/fanbases as much as possible, because rivalries are the best part of college sports.

People may flame you, because they are resistant to the change that we have zero power to affect. However, if everything is going to burn, I would at least like to have some fun slugfests before it goes down the tubes.

I think this will be good for UT long term. We have a huge fan base with a large following, The direction college football is going can only be good for us. Maybe not good for everyone else, but it will be good for us without a doubt.

With how we have been the past 20 years I'd say any change at all should be accepted with open arms. It can't get much worse after all.

With the addition of Texas to the SEC will Tennessee no longer be referred to as UT in the SEC? Will we be Tennessee and Texas or maybe UTK and UTA?

Reactions: Hairy Vols
I see some great rivalries in the future. Are you not stoked to see some of the possible games that will be on the schedule. Used to the only time you might see TX-TN would be in a bowl game. How about Bama-OU that game to would only be during a bowl game. Now we will get to have these types of match ups every year. TX-LSU those two teams go head to head for recruits out of Texas every year. I love better football games and I cannot wait until Tennessee can be in some good new rivalries.

I see some great rivalries in the future. Are you not stoked to see some of the possible games that will be on the schedule. Used to the only time you might see TX-TN would be in a bowl game. How about Bama-OU that game to would only be during a bowl game. Now we will get to have these types of match ups every year. TX-LSU those two teams go head to head for recruits out of Texas every year. I love better football games and I cannot wait until Tennessee can be in some good new rivalries.

loved this reply!!!!!!

Texas and Oklahoma are just schools.

They're not the most venerable, nor the winningest, nor the most influential, nor the sexiest.

They're good programs. Oklahoma in particular, at present (Texas is, like Tennessee, down on its luck lately). But no one here needs to fear them.

Texas has a reputation for riding roughshod over its conference mates in the past. That's the past. Its former conference mates didn't include the football royalty that lives in the SEC. Now Texas is just gonna be (if this happens) another good program in a great conference. Their program is worth a billion dollars. Great. Awesome. So is Bama's. Think we haven't seen that before?

Texans like to say that everything's bigger in Texas. Not any more. Now they're surrounded by fellas just as big as them, and some bigger.

Nothing any of us need to wring our hands over.

I do like the idea of forming a Tennessee-Texas rivalry over time, but not sure it'll happen. We'll almost certainly be in different divisions, which means we'll only meet on the field about once every four years. As the atrophy in our rivalries with Ole Miss and Auburn have shown, rivalries take a hit when you don't meet very often. So I think it'll be tough for one to emerge here.

But we'll see. I'm just hoping the Vols get back to championship football before the Longhorns do.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back