(Updated 7/13) 2021 MLB Draft and Roster Management Discussion Thread

He had 5 other college summer league guys give of their time to help. Shawn Scott and Ryan Miller of UT, Blake Wright from Clemson, Garrison Bridges Catawba Valley, and Thomas Grilley from School of Canada who played with Chad at Panola.

Rays Draft Pick Signings

Looks like the Rays have yet to sign the following 3 players:
Ryan Spikes, slot 581k
Patrick Wicklander, slot 163k
Ian Leatherman, no slot designation ~50k

Tampa Bay has just under 1.8mil in bonus pool money without penalty. SIAP

Reactions: vol66
Looking at the numbers a little closer at the bottom, I don't follow the math entirely. I haven't spent a ton of time trying to figure it out, but it looks to me they should have ~1mil left.... 7.2 of 7.9 pool spent. 5% of the pool makes it 8.35mil which is just over 1 mil. I don't see where the additional 800k is coming from. Looks like a fan page, not anything official.

Reactions: vol66 and TN_gal
He is a huge fan of you and Chad. When we decided to do a free clinic to give back to his community, he said I want to do something to promote ALS and the Dallas family. Small part but every part helps to find solutions and a cure. Praying for you guys.

This disease sucks. He's a good kid and both of my boys think alot of him. Raising awareness is more than a small part and just the fact that he thought about us, Means everything to me!

He had 5 other college summer league guys give of their time to help. Shawn Scott and Ryan Miller of UT, Blake Wright from Clemson, Garrison Bridges Catawba Valley, and Thomas Grilley from School of Canada who played with Chad at Panola.

Thanks for sharing. Thomas has spent several weekends at my house. Great young men.

Not that I was hiding but wanted everyone to speak freely. I have now outed myself. Thanks everyone for the positive and negative comments about Cheese. Tennessee and all of VolNation have been good to us and I'll never forget it.

Well, I can tell you that we are extremely fortunate to have had Chad in orange the last few years. I can’t tell you how many posts I’ve read or conversations I’ve had in which someone recounted a generous or considerate story involving Cheese. Just an absolute top shelf class act all around, on and off the field.

A couple years ago I took my sons to a TN baseball fan event and they absolutely had a blast. Recently, we looked back at videos I recorded there, and they lit up with excitement when they realized that, unbeknownst to us, it had been a young Cheese who was pitching to them. We’ll always cherish memories like those.

We wish you and your family all of the best and I can assure you that we will be thinking of you.

IMG_7958.jpg

Well, I can tell you that we are extremely fortunate to have had Chad in orange the last few years. I can’t tell you how many posts I’ve read or conversations I’ve had in which someone recounted a generous or considerate story involving Cheese. Just an absolute top shelf class act all around, on and off the field.

A couple years ago I took my sons to a TN baseball fan event and they absolutely had a blast. Recently, we looked back at videos I recorded there, and they lit up with excitement when they realized that, unbeknownst to us, it had been a young Cheese who was pitching to them. We’ll always cherish memories like those.

We wish you and your family all of the best and I can assure you that we will be thinking of you.

View attachment 382760
Very cool. I will tell you Cheese
has a good heart.

Thanks so much for sharing! Definitely a huge tip of the cap to Kirby, Cheese, and the Vols for their efforts and awareness; just a great group of guys. Also, as a graduate of Boston College, I'm very proud of what Pete started and the impact he has had on awareness and fundraising for ALS research.

Edit: sending along prayers for you and your family, TD

Yes Pete did. Thanks for the prayers. Thanks for including my family, they need them.

Thanks for sharing. Thomas has spent several weekends at my house. Great young men.
I've gotten to know Thomas over the summer. He's a top notch guy and he shared his school connection to your son. I've gotten to know all of those guys (except the one from CVCC) and they are all good people.

We (the Owls) have been hearing about Thomas for a few of years because his older brother, Robert, played for the Owls some years ago. Robert played at the University of Houston for Frank Anderson. Frank Anderson recommended Thomas to us. Robert came to visit at the beginning of the season to see his brother play, and we sat together for a game and talked. He too is a good person.

Prayers for you and your family. It sounds like you're surrounded by wonderful, caring people.

Jud Fabian rejected the Sox offer and isn’t signing…at least as of today. He asked for $3 million as a 2nd rounder and Sox said no, which begs the question why pick someone that high if you don’t think you can sign them? Oof. Fabian sure is betting on himself.

He might be backing away from a pledge of his word to the Sox. Or it could be just a negotiation ploy. Never know. But he has the option of returning to school, so he's using that leverage. If they value him, which they obviously do, they'll work out a deal.

Jud Fabian rejected the Sox offer and isn’t signing…at least as of today. He asked for $3 million as a 2nd rounder and Sox said no, which begs the question why pick someone that high if you don’t think you can sign them? Oof. Fabian sure is betting on himself.

Ultimately, will be bad news for either the Gators or the Sox, either of which I’d be quite pleased with! 😁

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

(Bad news for Gators preferred)

Not that I was hiding but wanted everyone to speak freely. I have now outed myself. Thanks everyone for the positive and negative comments about Cheese. Tennessee and all of VolNation have been good to us and I'll never forget it.

It was a pleasure to watch your boy work.

It's also obvious you have done a fine job as a father.

I look forward to following his professional career and wish him nothing but success.

I've gotten to know Thomas over the summer. He's a top notch guy and he shared his school connection to your son. I've gotten to know all of those guys (except the one from CVCC) and they are all good people.

We (the Owls) have been hearing about Thomas for a few of years because his older brother, Robert, played for the Owls some years ago. Robert played at the University of Houston for Frank Anderson. Frank Anderson recommended Thomas to us. Robert came to visit at the beginning of the season to see his brother play, and we sat together for a game and talked. He too is a good person.

Prayers for you and your family. It sounds like you're surrounded by wonderful, caring people.

I am surrounded by wonderful friends and family. They are the ones I hope you pray for.

Ultimately, will be bad news for either the Gators or the Sox, either of which I’d be quite pleased with! 😁

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

(Bad news for Gators preferred)

I concur. However, I think Fabian will ultimately regret this decision if he does return to Florida. I don't think his stock is going to improve that drastically.

VN Store

Back