I love the expansion (if it happens)

Oh lord we're gonna beat up on Texas now? Mizzou ain't no Texas but they came into this conference and humbled us. They own a 5-4 record against us and they've won the east in that time frame. Kentucky is no longer a given for a win. We're down there with SC and Vanderbilt until we prove otherwise. It's difficult to get excited about the players signing million dollar contracts, the expansion of the conference, and the expansion of the playoffs. Players always jumping in the portal and playing for multiple teams. I think it all sucks.

The Vols have been down but that doesn't mean things are going to staying the same. I like this staff, I like our AD and I think Tennessee will do well with the NIL and marketing will be at a high level. I think it levels the playing field overall, you still only sign 25 and 85 limit. I do think them things do not need to change under any governing body. I also think most youngsters while they will be happy with at least the opportunity to make money still care about academics and love the college experience. I am excited to see how it goes and only think it makes many more teams competitive in the sec in the long run. But we shall see. GBO!!!!!

The Vols have been down but that doesn't mean things are going to staying the same. I like this staff, I like our AD and I think Tennessee will do well with the NIL and marketing will be at a high level. I think it levels the playing field overall, you still only sign 25 and 85 limit. I do think them things do not need to change under any governing body. I also think most youngsters while they will be happy with at least the opportunity to make money still care about academics and love the college experience. I am excited to see how it goes and only think it makes many more teams competitive in the sec in the long run. But we shall see. GBO!!!!!
That's the right attitude ^^^

In short Brick by Brick

Reactions: KHVol
Good points. However... Until UT's ADMINISTRATION gets their collective head out of their asses, we will, in fact, continue to be bottom feeders in the SEC. I don't think adding or subtracting schools makes any difference. UT needs to decide whether or not they want to compete for titles or do like Vandy and simply leech off the other 15 teams.
I hear this a lot but I'm not sure I understand it. What specifically is the administration supposed to do that will create a championship-caliber football team?

Oh lord we're gonna beat up on Texas now? Mizzou ain't no Texas but they came into this conference and humbled us. They own a 5-4 record against us and they've won the east in that time frame. Kentucky is no longer a given for a win. We're down there with SC and Vanderbilt until we prove otherwise. It's difficult to get excited about the players signing million dollar contracts, the expansion of the conference, and the expansion of the playoffs. Players always jumping in the portal and playing for multiple teams. I think it all sucks.
I think there will be less portal jumping now with the NIL, I am sure it will happen but I am thinking there will be less of it. Transfer portal is just a one time deal also, I think once money starts being made at these schools by players the portal will not be used like it has been in these early stages. But no doubt there will still be some transfers. I have no problems with players making money on their likeness, some players have been getting paid for years this only helps level the field. While I don't think we need to expand anymore I think the expansion to 16 with oklahoma and texas will be a good thing in the long run. I do think it needs to stay at 16. GBO!!!!!

Good points. However... Until UT's ADMINISTRATION gets their collective head out of their asses, we will, in fact, continue to be bottom feeders in the SEC. I don't think adding or subtracting schools makes any difference. UT needs to decide whether or not they want to compete for titles or do like Vandy and simply leech off the other 15 teams.
Do you mean the never ending investigation has shaken your confidence in this group of administrative “leaders”? 😂

Here is the way I see things going down and if so, SEC would end up great and probably be in better spot than we are now (not just money but general setup and schedules):

If they split the divisions in East and West, there won't be any cross-division games in my opinion.

Here is the best split for two divisions:

East: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

West: Arkansas, LSU, Missouri, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Texas, and Texas A&M

You do 7 division games and 2 interdivision games. With the 2 interdivision game, each team will play a team from the other division once every four years as long as their isn't any permanent cross over games.

The only rivalries that are possibly loss in this scenario with any value are Alabama-LSU, Alabama-Miss State, Ole Miss-Vanderbilt. None of these rivalries outside of Alabama vs. LSU mean that much and Alabama vs. LSU is really more of a recent rivalry so you really do not lose much by losing these games.

Meanwhile you restore rivalries like Auburn and Tennessee. This scenario just works in so many ways. Although LSU will miss Alabama, I think they will fine Oklahoma and Texas to be even more intriguing of a matchup. Oklahoma vs. Arkansas also has the potential to be a fun series. Texas gets its rivalries back with A&M and Arkansas. Oklahoma gets to play Missouri again. It has the best wins.

Also emphasis my previous statement that each SEC school would play all of the schools from the other division once every four years if allowed two interdivision games that rotate every year.

I know I might be in the minority but we already play Bama every year and it brings back another rivarly that we have missed out on and need to even the series with Auburn. Oklahoma and Texas coming into the conference just gives us a chance to play the best teams in the nation and nothing would please me more than slapping the smack out of Texas. This has been long coming and I hope it happens. For those saying we will be bottom feeders in the east need to rethink things and look at the big picture.

With the money these two teams going to the west and bringing more prestige to the conference only means better recruiting. With the right coach in place at UT we should benefit from this but not sure CJH is the man to lead us. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it and if he were to face Oklahoma during the season where would his loyalties be? But I'm getting ahead of myself and he may never face OK as head coach at UT but it is a question that needs to be asked.

I hope this happens as more money to the conference only makes everyone stronger and the recruits will want to play in the super conference that will be the SEC. Bama will always be bama but the icing on the cake is UGA and Florida will have to play them every year as we do which means losses for them as well as us..... I love the idea. Call me crazy but football with this expansion just got interesting and fun again. And stupid talk about UM and OSU coming in..... what a cascade of teams and could you imagine a conference with Ok,Texas, Michigan, and Ohio State all joining the SEC. Hypothetically if this were to happen then Bama and auburn would both move back to the west and OSU and UM would come to the east..... What a great talking venue for us in the off season.

Thoughts?
Expansion is total crap! Traditional SEC fan here. Did not want South Carolina, not Arkansas, not Mizzou, amd definitely not A&M. Mostly hate this because its all founded in greed. So where does it end? How much is enough? I don’t care if we play Texas or Ok every year. College football used to be beautiful. Now its cynical

Not sure how this will be a massive financial windfall. ESPN has the SEC under contract to 2033-2034. Why would ESPN renegotiate a major increase?

Reactions: Vols919
It hurts the broad, national game. That's what sucks. All out of shortsighted greed. Sankey is a fool...money now...much smaller game and fewer interested parties later.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Not sure how this will be a massive financial windfall. ESPN has the SEC under contract to 2033-2034. Why would ESPN renegotiate a major increase?

I believe there is a stipulation in the contract that if the members of the league change the contract can be renegotiated

So your saying throw
So your saying throw Memphis in there to.
No, that would in no way benefit the SEC. Every team the SEC wants to pursue should be from a market that is currently not represented. Kind of like the second "o" in the word to from your reply is lacking representation.

No, that would in no way benefit the SEC. Every team the SEC wants to pursue should be from a market that is currently not represented. Kind of like the second "o" in the word to from your reply is lacking representation.
All about the $$$ 🙄

It's football for the fans, not so much for league, conferences, players, and coaches. College athletics are now a business for everyone involved except the consumer.
I don't even really knock it per se, but it's very shortsighted and greedy. Sadly there's no national entity to look out for the good of the entire sport. Just greedy conference commishes trying to make themselves as rich as possible ASAP, while completely ignoring the long-term health and vision of a national sport.

I don't even really knock it per se, but it's very shortsighted and greedy. Sadly there's no national entity to look out for the good of the entire sport. Just greedy conference commishes trying to make themselves as rich as possible ASAP, while completely ignoring the long-term health and vision of a national sport.
I don't disagree, but in the 2021, it's all about the benjamin's. I just hope the product on the field improves and not just for Tennessee, but any team going to a championship or bowl game should have a better chance of players not sitting. I mean, if bama can have a new QB make 1 million before their first start then why not play every game and make that kind of money until you go pro or retire at 22.

I have yet to see a product on the field the last 5 years or so that gives me any confidence that the Vols can be anything other than an also ran in the SEC. I'm hoping Heupel fools me and does put a competitive product on the field. I'm thinking he has not a clue how competitive the SEC actually is, hope I'm wrong and he gets this turned around asap.

To me if the SEC were to keep the East/West alignment then this makes the most sense:
West
Texas
Tex A&M
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Mizzouri
Ole Miss
Miss St
LSU

East
Bama
Auby
GA
FL
TN
Vandy
USC
KY

I heard on the radio that TX and OK sent a letter to the Big 12 that they will not be renewing their contract after 2025, they are coming boys get ready.
Imo the SEC would benefit the most by eliminating the current divisions and go with 4 pods of 4 teams with a mini playoff for the SEC title.

Reactions: Orange12
I know I might be in the minority but we already play Bama every year and it brings back another rivarly that we have missed out on and need to even the series with Auburn. Oklahoma and Texas coming into the conference just gives us a chance to play the best teams in the nation and nothing would please me more than slapping the smack out of Texas. This has been long coming and I hope it happens. For those saying we will be bottom feeders in the east need to rethink things and look at the big picture.

With the money these two teams going to the west and bringing more prestige to the conference only means better recruiting. With the right coach in place at UT we should benefit from this but not sure CJH is the man to lead us. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it and if he were to face Oklahoma during the season where would his loyalties be? But I'm getting ahead of myself and he may never face OK as head coach at UT but it is a question that needs to be asked.

I hope this happens as more money to the conference only makes everyone stronger and the recruits will want to play in the super conference that will be the SEC. Bama will always be bama but the icing on the cake is UGA and Florida will have to play them every year as we do which means losses for them as well as us..... I love the idea. Call me crazy but football with this expansion just got interesting and fun again. And stupid talk about UM and OSU coming in..... what a cascade of teams and could you imagine a conference with Ok,Texas, Michigan, and Ohio State all joining the SEC. Hypothetically if this were to happen then Bama and auburn would both move back to the west and OSU and UM would come to the east..... What a great talking venue for us in the off season.

Thoughts?

Right now Bama, LSU, UGA, UF have first pick on just about any recruit they want. The rest of the teams fight over the remaining recruits and the competition is tough. I don't see how we are going to change that in the near future from our current position. That aside, I agree.

VN Store

Back