GM Halting Truck Production

Reactions: VolnJC
Nice!

Not just vehicles, but my Mom told me her microwave went kaput and she went and looked for a new one and selections are very limited. The thing was only like 3 years old and Made in CCP.
That meme with the refrigerator from the 70s is truth...I was looking at washers and dryers at Lowe's the other day...goodness I don't need Alexa to run every aspect of my life...like my dad always said about cars with power locks and windows...just something else to go wrong that you have to send to the factory to fix...he didn't want anything that he couldn't fix himself2020-appliances-vs-1970s-refrigerator-meme-10018.jpg

Yep. I had 3 or 4 leg-humpers on here (looking at you @NorthDallas40) try to blame high lumber prices on Biden despite (1) prices being flat during Obama's last term, (2) prices doubling under Trump, and (3) Biden getting prices lower than when he started.
Are all these chips and computer parts for convenience or are they needed to comply with new emissions and fuel standards?...honest question I don't know

That meme with the refrigerator from the 70s is truth...I was looking at washers and dryers at Lowe's the other day...goodness I don't need Alexa to run every aspect of my life...like my dad always said about cars with power locks and windows...just something else to go wrong that you have to send to the factory to fix...he didn't want anything that he couldn't fix himselfView attachment 382539

I may of jumped to the wrong conclusion about chips, cause it aint just chips
Everything is out of stock and leadtimes are unbelievable. I see what was normally 4-6 weeks L/T to 21-23 weeks. Some chipped, some not.

I may of jumped to the wrong colclusion about chips, cause it aint just chips
Everything is out of stock and leadtimes are unbeleivable. I see ehat was nomrally 4-6 weeks L/T to 21-23 weeks. Some chipped, some not.

Everything is right. Warehouses were stocked in the beginning, so demand just drew down those inventories. No one noticed any real issues. It was Jan 2021 before I started really seeing it. It was and still is a cluster fuuu.

Yep. I had 3 or 4 leg-humpers on here (looking at you @NorthDallas40) try to blame high lumber prices on Biden despite (1) prices being flat during Obama's last term, (2) prices doubling under Trump, and (3) Biden getting prices lower than when he started.

Biden did something about it? Lulz

Everything is right. Warehouses were stocked in the beginning, so demand just drew down those inventories. No one noticed any real issues. It was Jan 2021 before I started really seeing it. It was and still is a cluster fuuu.
Not sure the strategy would have worked during the pandemic but I remember one of the companies I worked for while going to school..the CEO said...if it has a long shelf life and we know we will need it...we will buy the hell out of it when the price is low, use our back inventory when the prices go up and let the competition worry about shortages and low margins due to high prices

Not sure the strategy would have worked during the pandemic but I remember one of the companies I worked for while going to school..the CEO said...if it has a long shelf life and we know we will need it...we will buy the hell out of it when the price is low, use our back inventory when the prices go up and let the competition worry about shortages and low margins due to high prices

Anyone that had the balls to buy up materials April 20 thru dec 20, would have made a killing.

Yeah we had one clueless fool cherry picking end points and ignoring historical pricing to fit her narrative it was hilarious as hell watching her continually get destroyed on her dipshit dumbassery

Reactions: ETV and NEO
Yeah we had one clueless fool cherry picking end points and ignoring historical pricing to fit her narrative it was hilarious as hell watching her continually get destroyed on her dipshit dumbassery
38$ for OSB Friday.
So glad some stupid mother ****ers think that lumber is back down again.

It averaged 8.50 for trumps 4 years.

So he gets all the blame when the prices go up but none of the credit when they come back down? Seems totally reasonable.

We are sitting here discussing lack of chips, commodities and manufactured products.
If he did do something to bring lumber prices down, tell him to get started on the other 39,999.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Are all these chips and computer parts for convenience or are they needed to comply with new emissions and fuel standards?...honest question I don't know
Every new car has the equivalent of an embedded desktop PC controlling its every action. Each mfgr uses their own specified computer (Ford uses a Motorola design in their EEC series for example or it was a Motorola up to EEC-V) but the maintenance port uses a fed standardized port called OBD-II which is On Board Diagnostics Gen 2. There are several other distributed computers for which a common one is the transmission. The car industry is heavily linked to the computer industry.

The global pandemic wreaked havoc on the global supply chain as expected. Even the defense industry I work in is impacted.

The car industry can’t sell cars without the computers in them. As can’t any industry using electronics.

The semiconductor industry isn’t an inventory driven industry on raw or input materials or on completed product. Thus they are supply chain disruption sensitive.

The world just got a good look at the vulnerability of “the global economy”

Edit: correction the EEC-IV and EEC-V are both Intel based designs. With the EEC-VI they swapped to a PowerPC based design which is consortium product which Motorola was a member of. Apple-IBM-Motorola or AIM but I always thought of it as a Motorola product 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: VolnJC and AshG
Every new car has the equivalent of an embedded desktop PC controlling its every action. Each mfgr uses their own specified computer (Ford uses a Motorola design in their EEC series for example or it was a Motorola up to EEC-V) but the maintenance port uses a fed standardized port called OBD-II which is On Board Diagnostics Gen 2. There are several other distributed computers for which a common one is the transmission. The car industry is heavily linked to the computer industry.

The global pandemic wreaked havoc on the global supply chain as expected. Even the defense industry I work in is impacted.

The car industry can’t sell cars without the computers in them. As can’t any industry using electronics.

The semiconductor industry isn’t an inventory driven industry on raw or input materials or on completed product. Thus they are supply chain disruption sensitive.

The world just got a good look at the vulnerability of “the global economy”

Imagine buying a new vehicle and one of the many puters goes kapooie.
Sorry sir, we get it running in 2023.

So he gets all the blame when the prices go up but none of the credit when they come back down? Seems totally reasonable.
He hasn’t done a damn thing one way or the other he’s too focused on chocolate double chip, unsecuring our borders, and pandering to the far left progressives. And hell yes he owns his 6 months of sitting around with his thumb up his ass.

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back