Cleveland Guardians?!

It offends you?

No. I think it’s sad that there are people so petty and stupid to be offended by such things that in no way were ever meant to be offensive. I don’t give two s**ts about the Indians, redskins, or whatever but I will care when they target the VOLS and it’s only a matter of time because nothing is ever enough. At some point someone will have to take a stand and say enough is enough.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
No. I think it’s sad that there are people so petty and stupid to be offended by such things that in no way were ever meant to be offensive. I don’t give two s**ts about the Indians, redskins, or whatever but I will care when they target the VOLS and it’s only a matter of time because nothing is ever enough. At some point someone will have to take a stand and say enough is enough.

Why would they target the Vols? Is there one person offended by the name? What is the basis for this fear? Why would UT cave? You understand that Cleveland caved because there is merit to this change, right?

Reactions: NashVol11
Why would they target the Vols? Is there one person offended by the name? What is the basis for this fear? Why would UT cave? You understand that Cleveland caved because there is merit to this change, right?

What was the merit for change? Didn’t Davie Crocket kill some Mexicans before they got him? That should make you especially upset but at least they got him….right?

No they just enable idiots to push for things like changing mascot names.
Oh, the horror of a nickname change! No one even gives a damn anymore Redskins was dropped. People will move on from this change as well. After all, the reasons pro sports have lifelong fans have less to do with nickname and more to do with location and players

The Volunteers earned that mascot for a variety of reasons, but the least talked about of them is the reason to fight to keep it.

Tennesseans have a spirit of volunteerism, of self sacrifice, of putting the needs of others above their own. From small acts of kindness on a daily basis to hundreds of students spending spring break helping build Habitat for Humanity houses, the Volunteer spirit has always had at its heart a core of selflessness and leadership.

The Torchbearer statue at Circle Park is the heart of the Volunteer spirit; he holds the torch in the dark so that others might be able to see. Anyone who wants to change the mascot would have to change the very core of the UT and Tennessee experiences.

Oh, the horror of a nickname change! No one even gives a damn anymore Redskins was dropped. People will move on from this change as well. After all, the reasons pro sports have lifelong fans have less to do with nickname and more to do with location and players
LOL

You see…..it turns out that at that time most viewed their stats as their country. So Lee was defending his homeland. And was in fact not a traitor.

“As practical issues, Lee did not oppose either slavery or secession. Although he felt slavery in the abstract was a bad thing, he blamed the national conflict on abolitionists, and accepted the pro-slavery policies of the Confederacy. He chose to fight to defend his homeland”

VN Store

Back