The Chicken Sandwich War

If you want a chicken sandwich that will really blow your skirt up, do this:
Marinate a thin chicken breast in Dale's for an hour or so. Then grill it over charcoal and add pepper jack cheese shortly before it's done, so it will melt. Put it on the bun of your choice, and you'll want to slap your momma, it's so good!

Marinate a thin chicken breast in Dale's for an hour or so. Then grill it over charcoal and add pepper jack cheese shortly before it's done, so it will melt. Put it on the bun of your choice, and you'll want to slap your momma, it's so good!
Never heard of Dale’s gotta give it a shot.

Had the KFC chicken sandwich, yesterday. It had been prepared fresh. It was hot & juicy. Crunchy KFC coating. Not bad. The staffer at the window was young, pretty, and had lovely eyes.

Reactions: MAD
Likely, she’ll be back in school, soon. Yes, the food, the staff, the cleanliness… It was Twilight Zone KFC.
Used to pick up a bucket for dinner occasionally when I was a kid and always thought it was a treat back then. Tried it a few times as an adult and always had an uneasy feeling about the cleanliness till I swore them off. Around here they’re always flirting with failing the health department inspects. When the Sanders past they fell off a cliff.

Reactions: Go aeiou
I heard Burger King has recently added a new chicken sandwich to their menu.

Too easy. Have you ever had anything bad marinated in Dale's ??

Dale's can do a trick on steaks as well before grilling.

I also like marinating chicken or steak in a home made teriyaki marinade. My made up version based on a loose gathering of ingredients from the waitress at The Chart House back in the 80's in St. Augustine.

These are approximate to say the least:
1/4 sup soy sauce
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce (not marinade)
1/4 cup Sherry (or red table wine)
4 clove garlic crushed
2 tsp ginger chopped
small dose of black pepper
1/2 cup give or take fresh chopped ripe pineapple w/juice
1/2 cup scallions w/the onion side as well.
Probably around 1/4 cup dark brown sugar

This will make a pretty darn good home made marinade verses store bought teriyaki marinades. I don't usually add salt because of the soy sauce. You can tweak any amount of the ingredients to taste. I will marinate boneless breasts for 2-4 hours to get them infused and tender off the grill. Steaks about 30-60 minutes. I had this marinade at Chart House first on grilled shrimp appetizer, then on my grilled tuna steak. It's the only way to eat grilled tuna (except for maybe a quick and dirty swim in Italian Dressing). I've used on Shrimp, Tuna, Chicken, Pork Chops, and Steaks. I baste with the remaining while grilling on all but the steaks.

Too easy. Have you ever had anything bad marinated in Dale's ??
Actually, since you ask…I have.
I once ruined a nice ribeye with too much Dale’s. That’s when I learned that less is more with a nice, sexy ribeye.

I just heard from someone that Popeyes started selling nuggets and they are better than CF, anyone try them yet?

Here's my take...

I don't include Chik-Fil-A because they aren't offering anything new.

Burger King - One of the most expensive of all the new chicken sandwiches @$5.99, probably the biggest piece of chicken of all the new sandwiches. The low for me other than price is the breading is way too thick. It was good but I probably won't be buying that again.

Bojangles - Price compares to all other new chicken sandwiches @$3.99. Decent sized breast, juicy, the breading was done well. The downside for me was the chicken comes seasoned similar to their spicy chicken filet biscuit but not as hot, It still has heat though. Just offer a non-spicy option and I'm good.

Hardee's - Price is the same as Burger King, this is high for what you get imo. Decent sandwich, juicy chicken, the lettuce gave this one a nice touch and more crunch. I'd say price is the only downside here.

Zaxby's - I decided to order this one without pickles but with their Zax's sauce on it. I should not have done that. I should have just ordered it with mayo, lettuce, and add ketchup. The chicken itself was average, not as juicy as others. I enjoyed this one the least.

Personally I think my favorite remains Popeye's. I wish there were a Popeye's closer to West Knoxville than Watt Rd.

I have not been to McDonald's to try their newest sandwich. Not sure if I will.

Bought my grandson some McDonalds fries, since he just started liking fries ( I have not been to a Mc in years ) so I tried the chicken sandwich -- worst one ever I had

Zaxby's fries is the first solid food my son ate. He's been eating there ever since. If you give him a choice to eat from town, it will be Zaxby's or Mexican, and 98% of the time will involve chicken.

Zaxby's fries is the first solid food my son ate. He's been eating there ever since. If you give him a choice to eat from town, it will be Zaxby's or Mexican, and 98% of the time will involve chicken.
I remember when my daughter was a year old, seemed like fries were just a vehicle to eat ketchup.

I returned to the Twilight Zone KFC. Aha! This time, the preternaturally clean exterior was blemished by a MickeyD’s large fry sleeve and an empty plastic bottle, plainly dumped out of the passenger side of a vehicle. The offending items laid in a blind spot for workers inside. I reported them to the drivethru staffer, who thanked me and said someone would take care of it. Sure enough, while I was in the drivethru lane, a guy trotted out and swept the items into one of those tilting handled receptacles. This time, my special order (no Mayo) did not delay delivery of my food. It was ready as I pulled up to the window. The staffer was a well spoken young man with tattoos and piercings, as pleasant as the female teen who served me the time before. The sandwich had a huge filet of chicken breast, crunchy outside, hot, juicy, and perfectly cooked with three dill pickle chips. The fries were just cooked and seasoned perfectly. Yes, this KFC is still in the Twilight Zone.

VN Store

Back