'19 JUCO WR Javonta Payton (Tennessee commit)

This is crazy speed on offense at the WR position. If you go 4 wide with Jones, Hyatt, Peyton, and Fant(TE), then let Wright motion out of the backfield, that is scary. Hopefully, one of the QB's masters the offense. Also, I had no Idea that Joe Milton was that freaking athletic at 6'5" 244 lbs.

This is crazy speed on offense at the WR position. If you go 4 wide with Jones, Hyatt, Peyton, and Fant(TE), then let Wright motion out of the backfield, that is scary. Hopefully, one of the QB's masters the offense. Also, I had no Idea that Joe Milton was that freaking athletic at 6'5" 244 lbs.

i also love the fact that nobody outside of Tennessee even really knows how much speed we have at the skill positions. Combine that with an offensive scheme that actually utilizes their ability and im really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
One of my buddies who pulls for Florida was jaw jacking at me about our offense the other day. I told him he better be more Focused on Florida's secondary working on their conditioning...
Facing this offense the week after playing Bama seems ripe for an upset to me.

Last edited:
Solon Page was an underrated edge rusher. If he would of had better coaching during his time at Tennessee he would of been really good. Honestly I think we see a lot of him this year at the LB spot. I don’t think he will start but he will definitely be in the 2 Deep.
I wish he'd change that stupid #38.
He had a pretty strong Spring. Did well in oW game. Lacks size at the POA tho.

He honestly reminds me of the under recruited LBs from GA that went to Kentucky and ended up in the NFL.

Solon Page was an underrated edge rusher. If he would of had better coaching during his time at Tennessee he would of been really good. Honestly I think we see a lot of him this year at the LB spot. I don’t think he will start but he will definitely be in the 2 Deep.

Doubt it. He had his chance in spring and didn’t do much with it.

Was listening to the bkeavs podcast and they had Dan harrelson on and he brought up the point that Payton committed to MSU to Motörhead - not the air raid guy. And how he likely left because he’s not exactly suited for the mesh routes that MSU runs now. And how he’s more suited for what Heupel will ask his receivers to do.

I personally think he has a bigger role in our offense than Velus Jones and I think he ends up getting drafted.

He was praised by the coaches. We were low numbers obviously but he ended the spring as the starter.

He'll be a factor there

You mean the spring without Mitchell, Harrison, Banks, Beasley, Willis? Pretty sure Kwaze Garland would see field well before Page.

Exactly. This will put immense pressure on opposing defensive secondaries. It will open up the run game a lot.

Reactions: bigl3327

VN Store

Back