Alabama game

This particular OP is too singularly interested and focused on negative material for me to believe that he is an actual Vol fan. Every thread he starts is either a "Worst", "Most Disappointing/Devastating" or "Most Underachieving" list in reference to Vol football. You really might think that Tennessee's football team had never won a damn game from reading his tripe.
If you knew me personally you would realize there is no bigger fan than me. I got a orange power T tattoo on my shoulder for one unfortunately concerning UT football there has been very little to be positive about since 2008. I hope that changes I really do.

I was there for the 1990 game pretty pissed off about that one. Was also in Birmingham when Palmer ran a sweep to tie the game After being arrested for DUI the week before typical Bama crap.

Palmer's DUI issues were in '92. The sweep to tie was in '93.

The bammer is right. Also, Antonio Langham signed with an agent after the 1992 season... but they don't let silly things like that keep a great corner off the field at Alabama, so of course, Langham played in '93 anyway.

It's definitely disappointing to give up wins due to cheating. Next time, Bama should go the much easier route of cheating and still producing losing seasons so that there's nothing to give up.

It's definitely disappointing to give up wins due to cheating. Next time, Bama should go the much easier route of cheating and still producing losing seasons so that there's nothing to give up.
Yea well who do think Pruitt learned that from? but we all know they will never touch The Godfather Saban for cheating and buying all those new rides for his players.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley
To be the best you have to beat the best and right now Bama is the best. Several years ago someone told Spurrier that Tennessee was afraid to play the Gators......Spurrier replied that Tennessee ain't afraid of nobody and that is a fact. Keep Bama on the schedule.

And something to remember, both teams make a ton of money from the Tenn vs Bama game. Minus the money Bama pays for after game cigars!

I love it when Tennessee defeats Alabama in football and have watched many a game with that as the final result.
Let the tradition continue but time to get some wins to make it an actual rivalry again. This was a good one.

Without question to me the 9-6 loss in 1990 to a 5 loss Bama team. We had the much better team and Majors choked again when he should’ve beat them. The loss might have cost us a shot at the national championship as well. Most of the losses to Bama since Saban arrived haven’t been devastating they have been expected beatdowns minus the 2009 and 2015 games the only games in the last 14 where we had a legitimate chance to win. There was no excuse for us to lose to them during the 90 season however we choked and Johnny played not to lose and got conservative like he did so many times against Bama.

The 90 team blew a 2 TD lead at Auburn to tie and lost to ND at home. The Bama loss didn’t cost them a NC. That was a very good team but it didn’t click in close games. Beat SOS 45-3.

Would you guys be in favor of ending this annual rivalry or keep it going? Personally I think it’s time we got rid of it I wouldn’t miss losing 45-10 or whatever every season. I say we start playing Ole Miss again or Arkansas both teams that we used to play every year. I especially miss the Ole Miss game we used to always play them in November and end our season against Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vandy. Now I’m sure I’m going to get roasted here for suggesting such a thing, but what does playing Alabama every year and getting our heads kicked in by 30 points every season do for us really? We have lost 14 straight def going to be 15 and more than likely this streak hits 20 games. This game used to be a great rivalry me and my dad went every year from 1989-1997 and we looked forward to it it was a marquee big SEC game of the season now it’s a joke a cupcake game for Bama and they can smoke their cigars every year and laugh at us. This game no longer has any meaning or revelance to the younger fans especially and they aren’t in our division so it would be easy to drop them off the schedule.

First off let's look at the history of the SEC. Two teams ruled the roost and that was Alabama and Tennessee. There's a little known book to some of our fan base called the "Third Saturday in October". It was written for a reason and even one of the greatest coaches in college football said and not quoting, You measure your team on how you play Tennessee. This game is special to me and has been since I was a child growing up in Alabama. For the longest time we were a thorn in Alabama's side and even in loses the game was always a nail biter. The athletes played their hearts out for this game and it was a fantastic rivalry. We have fallen on hard times as did Alabama and they bounced back and so will we.

This series has always been streaky but as we've seen no team can constantly stay on top and the run Alabama has had has been amazing but I tend to notice not a lot of other teams are beating them. Think teams in their own conference want to drop them? I'm sure they do but you beat Alabama during the season or SEC Championship and you're looking a NC run. JMHO but I'll take the losses and keep the series instead of opting out. Hate to say this but that's what's wrong with our country today. When it gets tough people want to give up and take the easy way out. Sorry for the lengthy post.

KEEP IT and We Don't Give A Damn About The Whole State Of Alabama Because We're From Tennessee!

First off let's look at the history of the SEC. Two teams ruled the roost and that was Alabama and Tennessee. There's a little known book to some of our fan base called the "Third Saturday in October". It was written for a reason and even one of the greatest coaches in college football said and not quoting, You measure your team on how you play Tennessee. This game is special to me and has been since I was a child growing up in Alabama. For the longest time we were a thorn in Alabama's side and even in loses the game was always a nail biter. The athletes played their hearts out for this game and it was a fantastic rivalry. We have fallen on hard times as did Alabama and they bounced back and so will we.

This series has always been streaky but as we've seen no team can constantly stay on top and the run Alabama has had has been amazing but I tend to notice not a lot of other teams are beating them. Think teams in their own conference want to drop them? I'm sure they do but you beat Alabama during the season or SEC Championship and you're looking a NC run. JMHO but I'll take the losses and keep the series instead of opting out. Hate to say this but that's what's wrong with our country today. When it gets tough people want to give up and take the easy way out. Sorry for the lengthy post.

KEEP IT and We Don't Give A Damn About The Whole State Of Alabama Because We're From Tennessee!
It's not really streaky. Sure, we've won four and seven in a row, but they have hung up double digit streaks on us three times. I'm not sure how big the current on is, to be honest. Lost count a long time ago. Plus, Bammer has never even come close to falling on the hard times that measure up to our ineptitude. They are simply head and shoulders a better program. It's a shame, but it's true - they have an administration and boosters that hang together as a team instead of the consent in-house squabbling from our "leaders."
I think a good thing about playing them, though, is that we can give our bench players some playing time when the game is over by the middle of the first quarter.

Would you guys be in favor of ending this annual rivalry or keep it going?

No

Personally I think it’s time we got rid of it I wouldn’t miss losing 45-10 or whatever every season.

No

I say we start playing Ole Miss again or Arkansas both teams that we used to play every year. I especially miss the Ole Miss game we used to always play them in November and end our season against Ole Miss, Kentucky and Vandy.

Sure, not in place of Bama.

Now I’m sure I’m going to get roasted here for suggesting such a thing, but what does playing Alabama every year and getting our heads kicked in by 30 points every season do for us really?

Yes, and nothing it doesn't do to 95% of the rest of the 120 teams.

We have lost 14 straight def going to be 15 and more than likely this streak hits 20 games.

We beat them 7 straight once. They didn't cry and give up.

This game used to be a great rivalry me and my dad went every year from 1989-1997 and we looked forward to it it was a marquee big SEC game of the season now it’s a joke a cupcake game for Bama and they can smoke their cigars every year and laugh at us.

They don't have Tennessee hate week because they don't see us as a rival. I have friends that's huge Bama fans, they want the game to get back to what it used to be. You don't hear them saying that about Vandy.

This game no longer has any meaning or revelance to the younger fans especially and they aren’t in our division so it would be easy to drop them off the schedule.

#1 I don't know what younger fans you are around, but the ones in my family hate Bama. They pray for us to pull off that upset. Kids most of the time mimic the parents, if they don't understand the meaning of the game maybe you done a crap job teaching them. #2 Any "fan" that says its easy to drop off a main historic rival, does not understand the history of the game or the importance of it. #3 I would rather Bama walk into Neyland kick our teeth in 40-10 and walk out, than Bama fans parading around every year how they beat us so bad we dropped the game.

Reactions: DuckInAPen

VN Store

Back