Sankey sends letter to NCAA on behalf of UT

Complete BS. Screw Sankey. He is nothing more than Bama's adjunct marketing director anyway.

I'm with Tony Basilio on this one. Stop the investigation, dismiss the attorneys, and announce you're moving forward. No reductions. No bowl ban. Absolutely nothing.

Give Slingblade a mil or 2 to make his ignorant posterior go away completely, and call it a day.

It's what the Gumps would do.

UT was not mentioned by name but he sent a letter to the NCAA saying those accused of violations should have a Fair, and heard in a Timely Manner. He mentioned it needs to be fair and quicker for the student athletes affected.
I think a fair might help everyone take their mind off of the investigation, but I would rather just go ahead and get the full conclusion.

Complete BS. Screw Sankey. He is nothing more than Bama's adjunct marketing director anyway.

I'm with Tony Basilio on this one. Stop the investigation, dismiss the attorneys, and announce you're moving forward. No reductions. No bowl ban. Absolutely nothing.

Give Slingblade a mil or 2 to make his ignorant posterior go away completely, and call it a day.

I don't know why "Screw Sankey" when he's trying to help us in this instance.

On top of that, what you are describing is basically pleading not guilty right after you give a multi-page signed and notarized confession to the police. Sounds great but it's pure nonsense.

UT was not mentioned by name but he sent a letter to the NCAA saying those accused of violations should have a Fair, and heard in a Timely Manner. He mentioned it needs to be fair and quicker for the student athletes affected.

I'm on board with a Fair.

Maybe consider "free rides" as well.

I think a fair might help everyone take their mind off of the investigation, but I would rather just go ahead and get the full conclusion.

Sorry, HARD NO, just stick with the Fair

On top of that, what you are describing is basically pleading not guilty right after you give a multi-page signed and notarized confession to the police. Sounds great but it's pure nonsense.

Sankey has never, will never, and is not trying to help us. If he wanted to help us, he would advocate the NCAA walking away in light of the NIL changes. Hell, 2 aTm players got $10K each for an "interview". And we are going to NCAA jail for simple booster payments?? Laughable.

As for the second part of your post, the rules have changed in a quantum way since January. This isn't a criminal matter. It's an NCAA compliance issue. NCAA compliance is bleeding out, and the last thing they want is to enforce any of the prior rules right now.

Don't worry. Hand wringing will win the day, we will self-impose substantial penalties, and we will go down as the very last program that ever faced NCAA sanctions.

In other words....another exciting edition of "That's So Tennessee!!"

Say it a little louder so the people in the back can hear!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

He expanded on his stance. Said it should be set deadlines for penalties and should be LESS. Less severe and less rules. Called the 400 PG rule book basically antiquated. Basically saying NCAA should back off and let SEC govern itself.

I have said, UT should just announce a one year bowl ban, and some other meaningless penalty. Than tell the NCAA to go pound sand.

They can't completely come out say what is going on... which is unlawful and unenforceable rules as they cancelled $15-20m of contracts based on the enforce-ability of those rules. Furthermore, all the antitrust lawsuits which are coming will definitely use that as ammo.

I have said, UT should just announce a one year bowl ban, and some other meaningless penalty. Than tell the NCAA to go pound sand.

They can't completely come out say what is going on... which is unlawful and unenforceable rules as they cancelled $15-20m of contracts based on the enforce-ability of those rules. Furthermore, all the antitrust lawsuits which are coming will definitely use that as ammo.
A quick resolution SHOULD happen but that’s not what they do. OM case carried on for Six years. OM fans will tell you the wait was the worst part, not the actual punishment. The cloud hanging over the program did more damage.

That’s why I think it was key that Sankey is pressing them for a quick resolution.

He expanded on his stance. Said it should be set deadlines for penalties and should be LESS. Less severe and less rules. Called the 400 PG rule book basically antiquated. Basically saying NCAA should back off and let SEC govern itself.
Bet he would not have been so consolatory if the offending coach was not a Bama alum and facing a show cause. Sounds to me like the SEC does not want the NCAA digging around here.

I have always said that if Plowman is worth her salt she would expose the SOP of the SEC and change the environment of college athletics drastically.

You lost me at "I'm with Tony Basilio...."

You're the one saying NCAA is toothless and impotent.

Given that, why in the hell would anyone self-impose a bowl ban?

Just makes no sense.

Normally I would agree, but UT did cancel $15-20m worth of contracts off the unlawful and unenforceable rules they themselves conspired in creating. IF they admit it too much, well, all those coaches are going to use that... anti-trust and self-dealing come to mind, on top of the breach of contract.

I would throw something out there meaningless or close to it, tell the NCAA that the matter is concluded.

The ability of the NCAA to enforce restricting compensation to players just doesn't exist anymore. <------ I would move on if I was UT and not even wait for the NCAA.

Last edited:
That's basically the way it is anyway, isn't it? Saban tells Sankey what to do and how to do it.

Will this fair have corn dogs, cotton candy, and sno cones?
No clowns though, Mama Bear is scared of clowns.
The last one that scared her got beat down with one of his big clown shoes.
She was a quest of the county until the fair was over.

Reactions: JarFly
You're the one saying NCAA is toothless and impotent.

Given that, why in the hell would anyone self-impose a bowl ban?

Just makes no sense.
If the NCAA really is toothless, let's offer 50 scholarships next year. Who cares?

Let's recruit guys who are out of eligibility. Who cares?

Where does the NCAA is toothless stuff end for you guys?

i took it as more for LSU and Auburn basketball. He mentioned the FBI case and the arrests surrounding that several years ago and the schools are still in limbo. Tennessee has been in NCAA purgatory only 8-9 months.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Bet he would not have been so consolatory if the offending coach was not a Bama alum and facing a show cause. Sounds to me like the SEC does not want the NCAA digging around here.

I have always said that if Plowman is worth her salt she would expose the SOP of the SEC and change the environment of college athletics drastically.
Even UT is not stupid enough to hire someone that would do that.
Whatever she may or may not be, she is not an idiot.
You don't ever piss on the cash flow fire.

Reactions: Plecoptera
So who would the SEC turn to if the Big 10 and ACC suddenly said, "Screw it. Your ACT score is 7? You're good. Your GPA is 0.8? You're good. No more academic or recruiting barriers...... our schools can recruit whomever and as many as they want. Pay them? No problem. Just win .... that's the only rule from now on."

But sure...... let the SEC govern itself. 🙄

Reactions: Raebo
What would LSU do? Not a damn thing.
I'm onboard with stopping the investigation and moving on.

Reactions: Wireless1

If a manager gets caught embezzling then they get fired and often whoever have had oversight of the manager gets fired. That's what UT did. Most if not all of the players involved are gone. If UT is going to tell the NCAA to "pound sand" then they should accept no punishment.

VN Store

Back