Transfer Portal 21-22

T
The great Dawn Staley just lost a game with literally the greatest team on the planet. It took all of one game to see the difference in coaching acumen between Staley and her USA coaching predecessor, Geno, as if we didn't already know from her embarrassingly one-sided record against him.

Just be thankful you have a coach who recruits well enough to out-talent 99% of the teams you play...

Staley is a good coach. She’s got the wrong players on the US Team.

The great Dawn Staley just lost a game with literally the greatest team on the planet. It took all of one game to see the difference in coaching acumen between Staley and her USA coaching predecessor, Geno, as if we didn't already know from her embarrassingly one-sided record against him.

Just be thankful you have a coach who recruits well enough to out-talent 99% of the teams you play...

Lmaoooo Dawn literally has been coaching them all of 8 days so please continue to go off. How are you not going to place blame on professionals missing layups, turning the ball over, and lack energy to play? That’s certainly not on the coach. If we’re being honest all those UConn players shouldn’t be there outside of Stewie honestly. Collier was terrrible, as was Charles, then you have the “Goat” PG with as many turnovers as assists and DT just taking up roster space. They’ll come together eventually but you sound like a real Clown and Hater to place that loss on Dawn.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Lmaoooo Dawn literally has been coaching them all of 8 days so please continue to go off. How you gone place blame on professionals missing layups, turning the ball over, and lack energy to play? That’s certainly not on the coach. If we’re being honest all those UConn players shouldn’t be there outside of Stewie honestly. Collier was terrrible, as was Charles, then you have the “Goat” PG with as many turnovers as assists and DT just taking up roster space. They’ll come together eventually but you sound like a real Clown and Hater to place that loss on Dawn.
I agree. Dawn is an excellent coach. She’s got the wrong roster.

Reactions: SCspur
I agree. Dawn is an excellent coach. She’s got the wrong roster.
yeah I think Arike, Nneka, A Gray and Copper should’ve been on the team. They desperately need scoring/play making from the 2 guard slot and as good as Stewie is on the wing she’s needed downlow to stretch the floor. Honestly Atkins and Colllier could’ve waited until the next Olympics. Not sure why Collier was taken over Copper or Gray because the Wing is their natural position and she’s STRUGGLING with her shot at this point.

yeah I think Arike, Nneka, A Gray and Copper should’ve been on the team. They desperately need scoring/play making from the 2 guard slot and as good as Stewie is on the wing she’s needed downlow to stretch the floor. Honestly Atkins and Colllier could’ve waited until the next Olympics. Not sure why Collier was taken over Copper or Gray because the Wing is their natural position and she’s STRUGGLING with her shot at this point.

Nneka has paid her dues and should be on the 5x5 team and switch her with Naphesia Collier who should be on the 3x3 and then next cycle bring her into the main fold

Darth, my Man - You're an animal! Give them no quarter! Post of the day.

I like Dawn and I dislike Geno but this post has truth to it.

I watched the game between AUS/USA and Dawn was like a bump on a log like how some posters here described Nikki McCray coaching MS State last season. Sandy Brondello the Australian coach was very animated during the game and she is lackluster coach in the WNBA. what bothered me was that we had a 16 point lead and Dawn did not take a timeout until Australia was leading by 1. It was turnovers, Breanna shooting bricks from behind the 3 point line,more turnovers,sloppy passes, and just lackluster all around

meanwhile Dawn on the bench 😴

USA made an Australian team with a bunch of nobodies look like a serious threat to their Gold Medal in Tokyo

Last edited:
I like Dawn and I dislike Geno but this post has truth to it.

I watched the game between AUS/USA and Dawn was like a bump on a log like how some posters here described Nikki McCray coaching MS State last season. Sandy Brondello the Australian coach was very animated during the game and she is lackluster coach in the WNBA. what bothered me was that we had a 16 point lead and Dawn did not take a timeout until Australia was leading by 1. It was turnovers, Breanna shooting bricks from behind the 3 point line,more turnovers,sloppy passes, and just lackluster all around

meanwhile Dawn on the bench 😴

USA made an Australian team with a bunch of nobodies look like a serious threat to their Gold Medal in Tokyo

I feel you and yes that’s fair. Dawn is much more animated in SC games as well so I’m not sure what her scheme for this team will be. They’re professionals so I’m guessing she’s thinking they’ll just go out and execute the game plan. It’s not happening right now so maybe she takes a different approach maybe not. Regardless if this team can’t pull it together when Olympic play starts the blame should be certainly on others, not just her.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Lmaoooo Dawn literally has been coaching them all of 8 days so please continue to go off. How are you not going to place blame on professionals missing layups, turning the ball over, and lack energy to play? That’s certainly not on the coach. If we’re being honest all those UConn players shouldn’t be there outside of Stewie honestly. Collier was terrrible, as was Charles, then you have the “Goat” PG with as many turnovers as assists and DT just taking up roster space. They’ll come together eventually but you sound like a real Clown and Hater to place that loss on Dawn.
How many days was the WNBA all star team coached together? Nough Said!

"Dawn is a great coach but got wrong players on roster". Really... Smart coach like pat wouldn't allow that to happen if she's the head coach. At a point in the National team training camp Uconns were like 9 players. Show up as long as ur Uconn. When she allows that to happen, blame is on her not Geno and that affects her recruiting.

So far none of Pats players who are currently coaching or were coaching have proven they are very good at X’s and O’s either maybe that will change. Pat was a great motivator and recruiter and had that IT factor you know that trait that had her players willing to run thru a brick wall for her. It’s amazing how being a realist makes you a troll. “Some can’t handle the truth”

How many days was the WNBA all star team coached together? Nough Said!

The All Star team had the better roster of players. Their team had versatile playmakers at all positions. Ogunbowale, Copper, Bonner, Williams, JJ are some of the best players in the W at their positions. I’m not making excuses but y’all are definitely trying it with these exhibition games. Besides if Dawn is such a terrible coach what does that say about the rest of the SEC? I mean let’s be honest…

It says she EASILY has the best roster in the SEC. And her team still finished second in the standings...

But they won the Tournament outright…..

And years prior? When Miss St went undefeated but loss to SC in the SEC tournament championship? Or the fact that she’s won 6 or the last 7 championships? Or dating back to her earlier years when UT, KY, A&M had much more talented teams but Dawn still got the job done and won with 4 stars and 3 stars on the roster? Lol no matter how much you or anyone else try to demean her success the stats and facts says otherwise, so continue to be a frontline hater 😘

So far none of Pats players who are currently coaching or were coaching have proven they are very good at X’s and O’s either maybe that will change. Pat was a great motivator and recruiter and had that IT factor you know that trait that had her players willing to run thru a brick wall for her. It’s amazing how being a realist makes you a troll. “Some can’t handle the truth”

Can you present concrete evidence that Pat was not very good with X's and O's? Keep in mind, she won EIGHT national championships. You'll have to be able to explain the dichotomy.

VN Store

Back