CJH Ranked Top 3 Coach Among 130FBS Coaches

JelloPuddinPup

Girl Dad
[Bit of a clickbait title on my part but it's a good, fun article if you have ESPN+.]

Ranking all 130 FBS college football head coaches as players

i
3. Josh Heupel, Tennessee Volunteers: Despite earning South Dakota's high school player of the year honors, Heupel's college career began quietly at Weber State, before transferring to Snow College in Utah. His next move to Oklahoma set up a historic run, as he led the Sooners to a national title in 2000. Heupel won the Walter Camp Award, was named AP Player of the Year and finished second for the Heisman Trophy. He went 20-5 in two seasons as OU's starter, passing for 7,456 yards and 53 touchdowns.

See he's already better than Saban!!! lol
It don't know if Saban is an exceptional coach. In fact I have difficulty believing he is because his record with average talent is also about average.

With exceptionally good player talent his record is exceptional.

Reactions: chuckb1448
It don't know if Saban is an exceptional coach. In fact I have difficulty believing he is because his record with average talent is also about average.

With exceptionally good player talent his record is exceptional.

If it was just his talent, why does he keep beating Ga, Ohio State, Clemson, and Norte Dame for those championships. They are also loaded with talent. Since he started at Bama he has almost as many championships as everybody else combined. Coaching matters, a lot.

If it was just his talent, why does he keep beating Ga, Ohio State, Clemson, and Norte Dame for those championships. They are also loaded with talent. Since he started at Bama he has almost as many championships as everybody else combined. Coaching matters, a lot.
Yes coaching matters. It matters a lot.

But if you think anyone in the country has anywhere near the talent of bamas team, well idk what to say. It's not just that they're number 1 every year, it's that they lap the number 2 team while they're at it. Look, I gonna rest my case on this:

Jeremy Pruitt was a very successful defensive coach at Bama.

The only school comparable roster-wise to Bama is Ga. ND is isn’t. I saw that last year. And I doubt some of the Clemson Defensive players would see much time at Alabama with Sabans pre-NFL roster.

I really meant just to be sarcastic with my statement. I went back and changed it to blue font.

Saban has to be able to coach. There is no way to stay on top as long as he has and not be able to do the job. Nobody would want to work with him otherwise.

To another point, it takes a talented person to motivate and keep kids motivated to perform on the level his players do. I know he has assistant coaches, but every kid in that program knows who Nick Saban is and they probably would not be there otherwise.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Considering where Bama was when Saban came in, he had to coach exceptionally well to get them from point A (mediocre talent) to point B (attracting great talent)

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I'll also point out the old coaching addage:

He can take hisn and beat you with yourn, or take yourn and beat you with hisn.

Not sure saban can do such, since they would force me to believe not a single one of his assistants learned to coach as well as him. Elsewise, why has never a single one of his formers beaten him. He's up over 20-0 against them.

Talent.

Considering where Bama was when Saban came in, he had to coach exceptionally well to get them from point A (mediocre talent) to point B (attracting great talent)
His first season at Alabama was 2007…… his 2008 class on he had a top 5 class.

Can’t compare a Porsche to a Yugoslav. Bama has 5 stars stacked 4 deep. No other college program has anything close to that. Jimmy’s and Joes are more important than X’s and O’s.

The talent at Bama wasn’t mediocre. He had #1 draft picks and they were 1 year away from going 10-2 under Shula despite losing their best player (Protho).

I still think their 2005 team may have won it all if that kid hadn’t broke his leg. He made them so much better.

Reactions: volsknx

VN Store

Back