Comcast

It's become the standard move in these carriage disputes. It's happening with all the cable companies, satellite and streaming providers. The providers should have it figured out by now that they've got zero leverage with all the streaming options available.

Bally is currently fighting this out with YouTubeTV, Hulu, & Sling.

Heck, I bought a pocket radio to listen to the Braves for crissakes. Can’t get ‘em streaming unless you’re out of market on MLBTV this season.

thats my plan if the idiots dont renew

You could probably save yourself some dough doing that now. YouTube TV runs $65/month. The downside is it is owned by the pinheads that run Google. I am going to investigate Sling TV to see if it is comparable and owned by a company that cherishes our freedoms instead of wanting to squash them.

Bally is currently fighting this out with YouTubeTV, Hulu, & Sling.

Heck, I bought a pocket radio to listen to the Braves for crissakes. Can’t get ‘em streaming unless you’re out of market on MLBTV this season.
Bally's is supposedly coming out with their own streaming service. I'm really surprised they didn't cut a temporary deal with the streamers until they were up and running.

Reactions: kcvols1
...and if the cable goes out, you're screwed. And if the power goes out, you're screwed. I've been doing it for over a year and it's funny when I think about how nervous I was about it when I switched. It's really just not a big deal unless your internet provider just sucks and you don't have options.
If all the above happens I just watch on my phone. The stream may not be as sharp but can at least watch the game. Got to have decent cell signal though, which i usually do.

How many on here use Comcast for Vols football games ? Just got this in my email today Upcoming Contract Renewals All the ESPN and SEC network expire in Sept -- any chance the morons dont renew, or one or both play hardball on the renewel and games are missed ?

I got rid of cable completely and do not miss it...even a little. Plus I enjoy the $200 month savings. Yes I do watch my Vols but just find a streaming service with a low intro rate (without a contract) and cancel it the minute the season is over......been working great.

Unless I'm wrong, or something has changed, I don't believe ESPN+ includes access to the main ESPN networks.

It may not. I only watch games on ESPN. I didn't think about the shows (Sports Center, etc.).

C;omcast is a bunch of crooks. I dumped them years ago. Received a bill in 2009 for $247.00 while only having cable and TV with nothing extra and no phone service either. Confronted them and they replied the extra was for HD TV...not a single station of the city in which I was living at the time had HD period. Later five of our neighbors all having the same service compared bills and not a single one was the same.

Just testing to see if I can access Vols games and VN while airport-hopping on the west coast, as I expect to be doing often henceforth. Regarding Comcast and their fellow greedy leeches, their behavior is why so many people look for and find ways to circumvent them for free access. I was stunned last year when a rival fan shared a stunning means to do this. And all without your ISP even being able to see you doing it. When I asked, "Why cheat when there are so many legal ways to have access?" Her answer was they cheat customers out of money, insult you when you dare to seriously question them, and consider customers too dumb to anything about it. Curiously, I tried this for one game, found it work, and was stunned again by the clarity of the display ported to my TV screen. I m i g h t make further use of this as I was literally mocked years ago before I went OTA for regular TV and ROKU for selective streaming. Back then, I asked DirecTv why, with 20yrs of loyalty, I was seeing $250/mo bills and climbing. To think even a rival fan would share such information with a fan of a program she claims to despise is just as amazing. No, I won't be sharing that info here (face to face is how I got it) as companies mine the Internet for data to shut off such avenues of access. Well, back to the non-posting nether regions I go, or rather farther up the coast to Medford. It appears my unorthodox VN access works. Now to see if I can also access the SECN as well.

I subscribe to Sling on a monthly basis to get Vol football games. Comcast is a joke. The bigger joke is that our state legislators will not allow free-market capitalism to improve the services and lower the cost of my internet service. Comcast is my only option.

I still have Comcast for internet, don't have much choice where I live. If there were a viable alternative, I'd switch in a heartbeat. I switched from Comcast for my TV viewing and went to YouTube TV for my second experience with them. First go round, it was very unreliable, so I tried a couple of other options before going back to Comcast for a couple of years. After my two year contract was up, my monthly bill went up to an amount that I am not willing to pay, so, back to YouTube TV, which has more than doubled in price. It's a lot more reliable than it was before, but I think Google guy has more than enough money to not be charging $79.00 per month. Unfortunately, most streaming services that were siphoning off customers from cable providers are now raising fees to a point there isn't much difference by the time you pay for internet plus a streaming service. What are we to do? We are at their mercy.

same, but switched to Dish. Bill has gotten hi due to movies, and weather outtages, but Xfinity as they call themselves is in it for the money!

Reactions: bigorangepoppa
...and if the cable goes out, you're screwed. And if the power goes out, you're screwed. I've been doing it for over a year and it's funny when I think about how nervous I was about it when I switched. It's really just not a big deal unless your internet provider just sucks and you don't have options.

We just cut the cord with Comcast and went to streaming with fire stick . Best decision ever and we will never go back .

Reactions: 508mikey
My only reservation with online streaming is that if the internet goes out, you’re screwed. At least with cable you can still watch games if internet fails.
I have had YTTV for like 3 years now. My internet has gone out far less than (a) clouds/rain disrupted by DirecTV and (b) my cable channels were screwed up or cable was out/frozen. Internet now a days is like 99.9% reliable.

Oh, and the like 3 times I had an internet outage while I was watching TV? I used my Verizon phone as a mobile hotspot and connected through it.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
100%. It might be nearly as expensive these days, but so much more accessible and convenient. Can never imagine going back to cable.
My bill is still >$200/month less with YTTV than it ever was with Comcast or DirecTV. And yes, I am including my premium channels as well with YTTV.

I subscribe to Sling on a monthly basis to get Vol football games. Comcast is a joke. The bigger joke is that our state legislators will not allow free-market capitalism to improve the services and lower the cost of my internet service. Comcast is my only option.
I do the same. Canceled it after basketball season…and we ended up with a great baseball season that I missed.

Switched to you tubetv.Comcast has had me in its grips forever.Now all they have of me is the rigid digit from the middle of my hand.
Who supplies your internet? Now they have you by the gonads. I know it’s less cost than cable but really how much are you saving unless you only have one provider. I don’t know but it’s easier just to pay xfinity.

VN Store

Back