Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember what some of the complaints about Heupel at UCF were? I tried doing some research, but I could not find much on this topic.

Just generally...I don't remember any specifics. I recall some complaints about play-calling and that he only runs a select number.

I had posted a week or so ago about a discussion with two Miss. State fans and Mike Leach. Because Heupel played for Leach, I believe they have a similar offense. Heupel looks for the mismatch each play and tries to get RB in space or WR in one on one. As a result, there are a lot of dink and dunks and over the top throws. My understanding is that there are not many medium throws in Heupel's offense.

Just generally...I don't remember any specifics. I recall some complaints about play-calling and that he only runs a select number.

I had posted a week or so ago about a discussion with two Miss. State fans and Mike Leach. Because Heupel played for Leach, I believe they have a similar offense. Heupel looks for the mismatch each play and tries to get RB in space or WR in one on one. As a result, there are a lot of dink and dunks and over the top throws. My understanding is that there are not many medium throws in Heupel's offense.
Heupel spent a lot of time with Art Briles at Baylor after Oklahoma fired him. His offense more closely resembles that veer than Leach’s and that manifests itself in actually employing a rushing attack.

Heupel spent a lot of time with Art Briles at Baylor after Oklahoma fired him. His offense more closely resembles that veer than Leach’s and that manifests itself in actually employing a rushing attack.

I didn't know anything about him learning more from Briles, but I knew that Heupel incorporates the run much more than Leach because his mix of plays is roughly 50/50.

SMH at people thinking Heup is a "system" HC. Nothing about the guy is system. Process - yes. System - no. He has a significant history as OC and HC to see that. He adapts what the scheme does to the players he has, how they develop, and to who he can sign. Then finds what appears to work best against each opponent. Folks need to get over what Botch and Chaney were trying to force-feed into their system approaches.

SMH at people thinking Heup is a "system" HC. Nothing about the guy is system. Process - yes. System - no. He has a significant history as OC and HC to see that. He adapts what the scheme does to the players he has, how they develop, and to who he can sign. Then finds what appears to work best against each opponent. Folks need to get over what Botch and Chaney were trying to force-feed into their system approaches.

No one had to force Chaney to feed just to be clear...

I know Scott Frost has sucked at Nebraska, but I just looked at all his games there. He has SUCKED at Nebraska.
He was 19-7 at UCF I believe. Heupel was 28-8. . .

Frost is 31-27 overall. CJH is 28-8.

He's not been an outstanding coach, save 1 undefeated year @ 13-0.

Last edited:
He was 19-7 at UCF I believe. Heupel was 28-8. . .

I know Scott Frost has sucked at Nebraska, but I just looked at all his games there. He has SUCKED at Nebraska.

Instead of UCF folks questioning Heup, maybe they need to question Frost. One hit wonder who parlayed it into mega millions at his alma mater.

Looking at the roster and wow at Tyler Baron being 6’5 and 260! He may be a freight train this year. Showed signs last year.
Well that will disappoint all the prognosticators saying he was lazy in HS and wasn't a legit 4* recruit. Sure as hell looked like one last year in limited duty.

Well that will disappoint all the prognosticators saying he was lazy in HS and wasn't a legit 4* recruit. Sure as hell looked like one last year in limited duty.

He's was the one young guy on the d-line that looked like he had a future in the NFL, IMO. Really liked his game and saw a lot of upside.

Geez he hasn't even had a .500 season yet. Must be so disappointing for Corn fans. Being their chosen son and all. I mean...can he even survive a Y4 unless he wins 7-8 in the regular season?

Fwiw I wish Nebraska would make a comeback. Good for football and OSU needs someone to bring them back down to earth. I'd rather it be Nebraska than Michigan to do so.

Geez he hasn't even had a .500 season yet. Must be so disappointing for Corn fans. Being their chosen son and all. I mean...can he even survive a Y4 unless he wins 7-8 in the regular season?

Fwiw I wish Nebraska would make a comeback. Good for football and OSU needs someone to bring them back down to earth. I'd rather it be Nebraska than Michigan to do so.
I bet UT wins more games than Nebraska this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back