Instant impact players of 2021

Pacer92

Youneverknow
A lot of unknowns and unproven players on the depth chart heading into Fall camp. The amount of attrition and transfers has significantly changed the face of this roster. I want to know who you feel will have a substantial impact on this team that hasn’t had an established role or proven themselves going in....on each side of the ball. Plenty to pick from.

I’m going with..

Offense....Tiyon Evans

Defense...Da’Jon Terry

I'm gonna go with Young. He could be a demon coming off the edge in pass rushing situations.
Yeah, I wanted to say QB and edge rusher, but I'll have to see it to believe it. An edge rusher would make a huge difference to a defense some have picked last.

Last edited:
Reactions: norrislakevol
Someone will have to emerge at WR. I wouldn't mind seeing Holiday come out of nowhere to be a threat from multiple positions.

Kind of out on a limb... I'm going to say Baron on D.
I am not worried about our WRs. There is a lot of talent there and the QBs will get the ball to them. We will throw a lot of long balls and use the TEs more than we have in years, maybe ever. We will score points. Let's just stop the other teams from scoring as many as we do.

A lot of unknowns and unproven players on the depth chart heading into Fall camp. The amount of attrition and transfers has significantly changed the face of this roster. I want to know who you feel will have a substantial impact on this team that hasn’t had an established role or proven themselves going in....on each side of the ball. Plenty to pick from.

I’m going with..

Offense....Tiyon Evans

Defense...Da’Jon Terry
Offense.... Tillman
Defense..... Baron

I’m going with..

Offense....Tiyon Evans

Defense...Da’Jon Terry
Great topic for this time of year.

Offense - RB Jaylen Wright
Defense - Edge - Byron Young

I'm pulling for the QB that gives us the best chance to win, and that might just be Bailey, but just for the sake of speculation, I think I'll go with:
Milton--offense
Young--defense (or maybe Mitchell)

Great topic for this time of year.

Offense - RB Jaylen Wright
That's pretty bold.
Defense - Edge - Byron Young
I said Baron but anyone emerging as an edge rusher is going to be key to making this D work. We've heard it so long it might as well be a cliche but UT's D needs to be able to get pressure without blitzing.

I didn’t realize that last year was just Da’Jon Terry’s third year of football!? Senior yr of HS, a RS yr and then last year. Teamed up with Rodney Garner...could be a match made in heaven. Kansas coaches rave about his potential in this clip.

That's pretty bold.
I said Baron but anyone emerging as an edge rusher is going to be key to making this D work. We've heard it so long it might as well be a cliche but UT's D needs to be able to get pressure without blitzing.
Part of this prediction is that OP prefaced it by saying someone who does not have an established role going in. I think Velus, Small and Hyatt will be the offensive standouts (plus whoever the QB is) but they have already established themselves, whereas I think Wright's speed will give a a solid role in the offense that is not expected.

RB- Dee Beckwith 1,500 total yards and 12 TDS

SS- Trevon Flowers 80 tackles 3 PDs 5 ints

Reactions: PEPPERJAX

VN Store

Back