Tennessee a 30.5 Favorite over BG!

We should and I expect to bests them handily.

That said....Georgia. State. University.

Sorry - my walls are still up for psychological protection.

Reactions: VolinMC
Four interrelated caveats:
It's the first game, we'll be running plays ultra-fast, in front of +90,000 loud fans, and probably playing plenty of freshmen. Any one of those factors would normally produce unforced penalties. Combined...?

Now maybe in this offense which goes for yardage in big chunks, those first-and-fifteen drive stoppers in past offenses won't be as crippling. But they will surely happen, and more so in this first game.

I understand that right now, to rebuild the program and the culture, the staff are encouraging the players to have fun. Is the staff simultaneously able to install mental discipline, or does that become Phase 2 or 3 of the rebuild?

My hopes are high, but I'm keeping my expectations low. And SURELY by now Vol fans have learned that psychological lesson in season survival!

I am with you, this team has played "down" to the competition for so long I do not expect us to blow out TN Tech or BG.
Me being a Nega Vol? I don't think so, I am just more of a realist and 15 years of losing are not fixed in one off-season.

Reactions: VolinMC
“Prime time games are the games that air in the evening in the United States, usually starting somewhere from 7pm to 9pm Eastern Standard Time. This is considered "prime time" for TV shows generally, when the most people are watching. Every game aired in these time slots is aired nationally, so they get the highest ratings and most football fans watch them.”

Where’s the lie?
No lie..

If I was a UCF fan I'd consider a Thursday game "prime time"... and even though its in a "prime time" slot, I wouldn't (as a UT fan) consider it "prime time"....though technically it is still "prime time".

In the past 4 years, UT has exceeded 30.5 points against 5 BCS opponents. Not trying to rehash all the problems, poor coaching, poor QB play, etc... just pointing out that it would be refreshing just to see UT score that many points against ANY BCS team.

But to be honest.... BGSU is pretty terrible right now.

Something that has been largely overlooked is how these first 3 games set up for UT to get a running start on the season. BGSU should present opportunities to make some mistakes and still have success. Pitt will challenge more but should still be a win IMO. UT then gets TTU to correct mistakes before taking on UF who will be coming off Bama.

In the past 4 years, UT has exceeded 30.5 points against 5 BCS opponents. Not trying to rehash all the problems, poor coaching, poor QB play, etc... just pointing out that it would be refreshing just to see UT score that many points against ANY BCS team.

But to be honest.... BGSU is pretty terrible right now.

Something that has been largely overlooked is how these first 3 games set up for UT to get a running start on the season. BGSU should present opportunities to make some mistakes and still have success. Pitt will challenge more but should still be a win IMO. UT then gets TTU to correct mistakes before taking on UF who will be coming off Bama.

By the time we get to the week of Florida,
This fanbase will believe we have a shot against all Big 3. Maybe even favored vs Bama. Bama is not the same this year. Sarkisian was a big loss.

UGA has never ever been dominant despite loaded roster.
Florida will have legitimate QB concerns.

By the time we get to the week of Florida,
This fanbase will believe we have a shot against all Big 3. Maybe even favored vs Bama. Bama is not the same this year. Sarkisian was a big loss.

UGA has never ever been dominant despite loaded roster.
Florida will have legitimate QB concerns.
I think UGA and Bama just have too much across the board. I think UF is a slightly more realistic upset but I don't expect it. According to the resident Gator trolls Jones walks on water and heals leprosy... you don't think he's that kind of messiah?

My "ask" isn't that complicated. Win 6-8 which I believe to be reasonable with this roster against this schedule and look like you belong on the same field with all opponents. Even if Bama wins by 20+.... just don't look like you're an FCS team just showing up for a check.

Reactions: VolNExile
I'd take that bet. I'm guessing 95,000 rabid, loud, hell-raising fanatics will be in attendance.

it's a mid-week game in which a good number of people would have to burn 1.5-2 days of vacay, against a lackluster opponent, with a new coach no one was really excited for. announced attendance will probably be 93k. actual attendance 88k max. blue hairs won't be up for a game that starts at 20:00, either.

it's a mid-week game in which a good number of people would have to burn 1.5-2 days of vacay, against a lackluster opponent, with a new coach no one was really excited for. announced attendance will probably be 93k. actual attendance 88k max. blue hairs won't be up for a game that starts at 20:00, either.

Maybe....................maybe not.

VN Store

Back