Give me 5 reasons why we will be better this year

1. Schedule
2. Asst. Coaches allowed to coach up players without being micromanaged
3. SCAR, Vandy, Pitt and 3 other OOC games at Neyland
4. MIzzou, Vandy, SCAR and even KY have also had off-season turmoil just like us
5. If put on a bowl ban, every game will be treated like a bowl game
6. We have a bye week to prep for KY
7. We have 9 days to prep for Pitt, they only get a 7 to prep for us
8. Culture
9. Toss-up OM at home
10. We've expended our bad luck mojo and should be smooth sailing with good luck for the next 25 years!

That's a nice list of 10............

As happens in a lot of bad chemistry situations, the team quit on Pruitt last yr. Fresh start.

Better chemistry within the staff. Pruitt not only has a history of having players that are his guys that he protects at the expense of players that he has decided deserve the dog house, he has the same tactic and results in regards to his staff. Don't believe it, ask Ekeler.

Schedule set up for success.

Offense that is in line with modern winning football.

Coaching philosophy that is more concerned with playing the game to win based on what you have on the field as opposed to trying to play a certain style no matter what. No more banging round pegs at square holes and hoping to drive it thru.

1) Better offensive philosophy
2) speed at WR
3) Veteran secondary
4) schedule
5) QB

Reactions: OllVol
I got 5 reasons on my right fist. Jk. Idk really. I just hope these boys and coaches show up this year.

Guarantano_Jarrett_2021_Spring_Headshot_4x6.jpg

Went to the NY Giants page to get a photo of Pruitt in Giants gear, and he's the only coach NOT to have a picture in a Giants shirt. They have this photo for him:
aiwzmev5fmfy6m2lzzni.jpg

New York Football Giants | Giants.com

UT should send a cease and desist letter for this.
They couldn't find a picture in which he doesn't look confused?

QB play was such a major deficiency last year it can’t be excluded. Just having QBs in the game who can see the field and react in real time at least gives us a chance. They will make mistakes but I definitely liked the way they led the team vs the other guy. I’m sure we’ll all have complaints about specific plays but I’m very optimistic that our QB play this year will be an asset and not a limitation.

I'm optimistic that we have an offensive philosophy that will stress defensives and create mismatches and we have enough talent to be able to take advantage. Of course when we play Bama and Georgia they have such a talent advantage that we will most likely struggle but against the other 10 I think we can score plenty of points.

I’m optimistic on D because I believe moving away from the 3-4 is a better match for our talent. If you have the talent to play a 3-4 it’s a killer D. But if you don’t (like us the last couple of years) you just can’t stop anybody. We’re thin at LB and that will hurt. We may even go with the old 5-2 look at times just to have the best players on the field. But the new D Coordinator has experience and I’m optimistic that he will field a competitive D.

And I’m optimistic (as others have noted) that the schedule has plenty of winnable games. Obviously we need to win all 4 out of conference games but it’s not like we have Oklahoma, Oregon, Or even Miami this year. Pitt is a solid team - very capable of beating us if we don’t play our best - but we don’t have to hope they play poor just to give us a chance.

1. Better Team Chemistry
2. Better Defensive Line Play- Garner
3. Better Defensive Back play- will cover the middle better.
4. Better Offensive scheme-fast fast and fast
5. Better Offensive line play- Better coaching and develop our players better.

Plus the 2 you have mentioned- Better Head Coaching and Better QB play.

Reactions: Bret178
Besides Pruitt & a certain QB being gone give us 5 reasons we will be a better team.

JMO but this team will execute better than we've seen in sometime because of the coaching staff is being led by a guy who appears intelligent and personable.

New schemes will create mistakes no doubt ut im thinking this coach will correct those quickly.

Who knows..it may be another dumpster fire but i dont get that feeling from this staff. It will be difficult to pull an upset of the big 3 but outside of those the rest we will have a chance to win.

The defense we ran the past 3 years seemed forced on the players, sure they had talent, but couldn’t beat the curve. Many of our current players on defense will be more familiar with our scheme this year due to probably running similar schemes built around them in HS. The defense could be better than expected.

Scheme change on offense will result in an expected improvement.

Team Chemistry. By now the ones that don’t want to represent the Vols have already left.

There is NFL talent on this team. I expect JH to get them up to speed and make use of the talent that we have.

It’s all about their free time. With NIL kicking in, they might be more motivated to achieve greatness. Hit the film room rather than the streets.

Because we will not be predictable on offense this year. The past three years it was run on first down, run on second down, and throw either a five yard pass or 30 yard pass on third and 7. Everyone including the other team knew what we were doing.

You think we'll learn how to (x) Throw and (y) Defend the 5-yard slant?

1- As long as we have a QB that can push the ball down the field, we have some of the fastest wide receivers in the conference. #partyintheendzone
2- If a couple of the transfers can fill the void on defense, we will be better than advertised.
3- We have some guys that will surprise at Running Back
4- Coaching will be better. Hands down.
5- FAMILY

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Besides Pruitt & a certain QB being gone give us 5 reasons we will be a better team.
1. Easier schedule
2. Better QB play (assumed)
3. Uptempo offense that is designed around player’s capabilities
4. Simplified defense
5. Utilization of talented WR’s

Just my thoughts and what I am hopeful for. I would also toss in there a coach who knows who he is and isn’t trying to be Nick Saban or Brian Kelly.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

In this order:
Our S&C coach is sooooo much better
Better OL coach
Better DL coach
Less complicated offensive scheme
HB has another year under his belt

VN Store

Back