Most DISLIKED college football player ?

Danny? Humble, respectful...was it because the Gators were so good then? He was Tebow-lite, didn't call attention to himself.
Absolutely because he was so freaking good. 100% why.

How about Neon Deion Sanders?
easy now.......................Prime Time. Can't hate the GOAT.

college-football-florida-state-deion-sanders-in-action-returning-vs-picture-id109701930

And now, these 10 years later, how has his "act" held up. Oh that's right, it has. It wasn't an act.

I understand why it frustrated you to see and hear about it all the time, but it ain't his fault. As a Gator, oh how I wish he had failed. As a Christian, oh how I wish my boys will grow to have the same character he does.

Agree with this. Tebow definitely polarizing. I feel like most people were on the bandwagon or against him because of his outspoken Christianity, his on field achievements and success, and the complete media saturation we had.

Personally hard to dislike him off the field, but I could see him, statistically speaking, being one of the most hated for the previous reasons

Either Tebow or Johnny Football……both guys feel like they were media darlings, over advertised, successful on the field(NCAA), and polarizing off the field

Reactions: KoachKrab127
Chris’s Simms had narrowed his choices to Penn State and Tennessee before giving the Volunteers a verbal commitment on Dec. 15, 1998.
At a news conference at his high school that day, he said, 'I'm proud to be a Volunteer. It's a good place for me. I'm a big fan of coach (Phillip) Fulmer. I'm 100 percent sure (about Tennessee). I gave them my word.'

Jan. 26, 1999-- Chris Simms, considered the best high school quarterback in the country has changed his mind about his choice of colleges. After making a verbal commitment to national champion Tennessee, Simms said late Monday that he will go to Texas instead.

And this my friends was where the downfall of Tennessee football started.
Clausen was better any way. And we went to the SECC game two years later where a win would have put us in the BCS champ game. After that, the downfall started. Let’s not give Simms that kind of credit.

Clausen was better any way. And we went to the SECC game two years later where a win would have put us in the BCS champ game. After that, the downfall started. Let’s not give Simms that kind of credit.
When Simms backed out, a few other high profile players did too.

Interesting, as Wuerffel was probably the sweetest, quietest, most docile Gator QB of all time. As Spurrier referred to him, a “New Testament, turn the other cheek kind of guy.” And he has spent a lifetime helping disadvantaged kids since his playing days.

There are better Gators to hate.

Never thought I would say this, but I'm agreeing here with a Florida fan. Wuerffel seems like a great guy and actually so does Tebow. Those guys can't help what the propaganda machine known as the "media" did with their identities. I think the real men themselves are good fellas. I don't hate those guys at all. Great athletes, great competitors, great ambassadors for the sport of football. In fact, I hope we have or will soon have some QBs just like them wearing FF8200. So who do I hate in CFB? That dog of a Dawg who intentionally chop blocked Shy Tuttle and ruined a guy's earning prospects in the future. Lowest of all low class moves, bar none.

To me, it's almost as much fun rooting against someone.

What college football player have you disliked the most in your lifetime.

Mine: Danny Wuerffel

1996FSU_UF-768x1024.jpg

I'm a guy who likes football as a rough sport, and I think the targeting penalty system, as it stands now, is messed up and unfairly applied. That said, I'm not against getting rid of what is pictured above as being part of this game. The mass and momentum of that FSU player, concentrated into hard plastic smashing Wuerffel in the spine, is not necessary. Football players can hit/block/tackle to the ground without including that kind of potentially life-altering injury as a normal part of the game. I, for one, am glad to see the lead-with-the-helmet thing be taken out of football...though I admit that the rule's application leads to some unfair decisions and too many game slow-downs. But the human spear is not needed in football.

Steve Taneyhill and Alex Brown.

Tebow has been well discusses already and I dont care to enter the ongoing jihad on whether he should be disliked or not.

I'm a guy who likes football as a rough sport, and I think the targeting penalty system, as it stands now, is messed up and unfairly applied. That said, I'm not against getting rid of what is pictured above as being part of this game. The mass and momentum of that FSU player, concentrated into hard plastic smashing Wuerffel in the spine, is not necessary. Football players can hit/block/tackle to the ground without including that kind of potentially life-altering injury as a normal part of the game. I, for one, am glad to see the lead-with-the-helmet thing be taken out of football...though I admit that the rule's application leads to some unfair decisions and too many game slow-downs. But the human spear is not needed in football.

spearing is a tackling technique in which a player makes initial contact with the crown of their helmet by using their body as a spear (head out, arms by their side).

That's not spearing. But I agree with everything else

Reactions: volinthenorth
Mine back in the day was Tebow but now I admire and respect him. Now, I don't dislike any of them.

This is how you separate man from ball. No issues with this hit, personally.

Here is a kind of interesting yet useless fact. Spurrier , Weurffel & Tebow all Heisman winners and all sons of parents involved in ministry work . Spurrier & Weurffel are both SOP’s (sons of preachers ) and Tebows parents were missionaries. Now to answer the OP here is another Florida QB….

1625766018534.jpeg

It would have been nice if Fulmer knew of this rather well documented anger management Pruitt had before he hired him. Or, did he?

Don't you think?

This is how you separate man from ball. No issues with this hit, personally.

Probably a legal hit in that day. Would get you ejected from the game today. Good hard hits, body to body, yup, part of the game. Separating the man from ball is important in football. But making sure players don't get spinal injuries from unprotected hits to their body...also important imo. You can make football tackles without concentrating all the force of your body in the crown of the helmet against a guy who can't even see you coming. The sport of football has a vested interest in not having that be a legal part of the game.

Probably a legal hit in that day. Would get you ejected from the game today. Good hard hits, body to body, yup, part of the game. Separating the man from ball is important in football. But making sure players don't get spinal injuries from unprotected hits to their body...also important imo. You can make football tackles without concentrating all the force of your body in the crown of the helmet against a guy who can't even see you coming. The sport of football has a vested interest in not having that be a legal part of the game.

I wish no one to get injured. However, after watching football for 40 + years, on QB sacks specifically .... way more QB's are hurt from being driven into the ground than blindside hits to the back.

VN Store

Back