NCAA agrees athletes can make money from their fame

There is no real way of Congress setting up "rules" in which the schools are going to have a real business model. What was proposed was some type of NIL law, this will produce all kinds of issues for the schools.

The NCAA, along with congress, will be working to set uo uniform NiL rules. CFB's "business model" isn't all that affected by outside money, such as NiL deals between private businesses and individuals. They will continue to reap huge TV contracts, merchandising, ticket sales, etc as usual.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Love of the game? Players have always been getting paid, now they’ll just get through their name and likeness instead of under the table. Very few players are actually going to make money.

His love of the game is adversely affected by someone else making money. Clearly he’s a communist. 😂

Reactions: Devo182
The NCAA, along with congress, will be working to set uo uniform NiL rules. CFB's "business model" isn't all that affected by outside money, such as NiL deals between private businesses and individuals. They will continue to reap huge TV contracts, merchandising, ticket sales, etc as usual.

But I can pay a player for going to a school, I don't have to pay them for their image. The exemptions to anti-trust like the NFL for instance involved the ability of the players to unionize i.e. employees.

In Louisiana starting yesterday, there isn't anything the school or the NCAA can do about a player that gets paid to go to a particular school.

They will continue to reap huge TV contracts, merchandising, ticket sales, etc as usual.

They could give them an exemption to anti-trust but most likely Congress is going to want the ability to get paid with benefits, which is what they have already discussed. Depending on how its frame it could be a constitutional taking but I would have to see the legislation. If anything, Congress is going to make it much worse i.e. employees.

TV contracts can still be done by conference btw, which everyone thinks is okay as long as the collusion isn't wide spread i.e. NCAA. In the meantime, the NCAA and the member schools will be getting sue out the butt.

Last edited:
Evidently you enjoy rooting for players paid for by the highest bidder. Oh wait, you’re a Florida fan. Never mind.....
This is meant for Bama not Florida. If Florida is paying for players then they are as bad at cheating as UT.

CaneSport - EXCLUSIVE: American Top Team plans $540,000 NIL commitment to Miami players

So now we have a national entity of some sort electing to offer almost six hundred thousand dollars to sponsor an entire college football roster. 6k per player, apparently, if the entire roster agrees to sign with them - but it's on an individual basis so the final total may be less. This is defacto gaining a corporate relationship with the Miami Hurricanes athletic brand, without actually being in any contractual arrangement with the University of Miami. Fascinating stuff. I wonder how that will go down in the long run. I also wonder if all those national folks who said "nothing will change about college sports" notice their seats getting a little warmer yet ...

CaneSport - EXCLUSIVE: American Top Team plans $540,000 NIL commitment to Miami players

So now we have a national entity of some sort electing to offer almost six hundred thousand dollars to sponsor an entire college football roster. 6k per player, apparently, if the entire roster agrees to sign with them - but it's on an individual basis so the final total may be less. This is defacto gaining a corporate relationship with the Miami Hurricanes athletic brand, without actually being in any contractual arrangement with the University of Miami. Fascinating stuff. I wonder how that will go down in the long run. I also wonder if all those national folks who said "nothing will change about college sports" notice their seats getting a little warmer yet ...

Its contract for services, its pay for play... nothing the NCAA can do.

As I have mentioned in other threads, the NCAA as you knew it... is over. Most likely will have to split up.

NCAA's Mark Emmert says 'this is the right time' to consider decentralized, deregulated college sports

Emmert: 'Right time' to decentralize NCAA sports

He is getting to the correct place but he is still slightly going down the long path to get there. The realization that this is over is starting to take shape i.e. acceptance.

College athletics will be dominated by the alumni with the most money. Texas A&M will dominate the SEC in a few years because their alumni are by far the richest in the SEC. Companies run by alumni will "hire" graduating high school athletes as "spokespersons" for the companies and the money will determine where an athlete attends college. You'll see companies you've never heard of hiring athletes. If a star emerges at a "lesser" school, he'll be purchased by the boosters at a school that covets his services. A certain Bama booster in Fairhope, AL will be the main hiring agent for Saban. Doubt anyone on this site has heard of him or any of his companies. The big money guys will run all the power 5 athletic departments. It's going to get really ugly. I prefer the NCAA half-a$$ed running things to what we're going to see in the next few years.
Here's the blueprint: Hercy Miller, Master P's son and Tennessee State commit, signs lucrative endorsement deal

Last edited:
10 years from now the football programs that will rule college football will be from the states that back their university football programs the most and who have the most massive media markets in their states.
I believe the dominant programs will be the ones with the most wealthy boosters that are rabid football fans--Texas A&M will rise to the top and Texas will be right there with them.

I believe the dominant programs will be the ones with the most wealthy boosters that are rabid football fans--Texas A&M will rise to the top and Texas will be right there with them.
That's pretty much the way it's always been. GBO!!!!!

If we were smart. We would allow all players to promote themselves with tennessee's logos for free. Dont charge any fees. Players would love and it would be big with recruits

If we were smart. We would allow all players to promote themselves with tennessee's logos for free. Dont charge any fees. Players would love and it would be big with recruits

College athletics will be dominated by the alumni with the most money. Texas A&M will dominate the SEC in a few years because their alumni are by far the richest in the SEC. Companies run by alumni will "hire" graduating high school athletes as "spokespersons" for the companies and the money will determine where an athlete attends college. You'll see companies you've never heard of hiring athletes. If a star emerges at a "lesser" school, he'll be purchased by the boosters at a school that covets his services. A certain Bama booster in Fairhope, AL will be the main hiring agent for Saban. Doubt anyone on this site has heard of him or any of his companies. The big money guys will run all the power 5 athletic departments. It's going to get really ugly. I prefer the NCAA half-a$$ed running things to what we're going to see in the next few years.
Here's the blueprint: Hercy Miller, Master P's son and Tennessee State commit, signs lucrative endorsement deal

Aggies are already pushing the envelope

If a high school player wants to
time for our huge fanbase along w/ boosters to level the playing field...show these kids coming to tennessee they can make bank off of jersey sales autograph signings ect...coach needs to set up a marketing departme

I
I think the gap widens! Bama and LSU will win the money game!
You could be right, but I seriously doubt LSU has the big $$$ boosters to compete with A&M. Bama has some big $$$ boosters, but they can't match A&M either.
Aggies are already pushing the envelope

And so it begins. This CANNOT be good for college athletics.

VN Store

Back