Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Robert Meachum

Votes: 16 5.5%
  • Peerless Price

Votes: 80 27.3%
  • Larry Seivers

Votes: 16 5.5%

• Total voters
Cordarrelle Patterson is the most physically gifted freak I have seen here at wide receiver. I thought he could have been a All-SEC running back. That size speed elusiveness and change of direction that dude had was off the charts. He wasn’t much of a route runner though.
Agreed.Nobody made it look like a backyard game the way CP did.

Anthony Miller was possibly the most talented WR ever. Unfortunately just a 2-year JUCO that missed half of his senior season with an injury. Great combination of hands and speed. And tough as nails. Like so many others he only had average-at-best QBs to hum the tater in his direction.

I’ll add Buddy Cruze for nostalgia. And Richmond Flowers.

Cordarrelle Patterson is the most physically gifted freak I have seen here at wide receiver. I thought he could have been a All-SEC running back. That size speed elusiveness and change of direction that dude had was off the charts. He wasn’t much of a route runner though.

Patterson will have a monster season with the Falcons in 2021.

Reactions: headhunter15
Carl Pickens was the most gifted pure WR athlete to play at Tennessee.
Peerless was the most clutch WR in my lifetime…with arguably QB converted to WR Jauan Jennings a close second.
Why?
He always played like a grown ass man amongst boys. He poured heart/soul into every play. When we needed a TD or 1st down he’d be the most physical player on the field dragging or our leaping everyone on his way. It is a damn shame he had to be handicapped by lame QB play most of his career. He’d be higher on Tennessee’s record charts if so.
I’m 45 mind you…went to UT from ‘94-‘99 been going to games since I was around 5yrs old. I’ve seen most the great ones live. JJ is a different animal…he is built different…what he lacked naturally at the position he replaced with sheer determination and power. Most physical looking to hit you first WR to punish DBS/LBS I’ve ever watched.
Case and point right below. He always wanted it more than those around him. I stand by this statement.

1625545172639.gif

Isn't Kent still #1 in catches, yards and TDs? And he contributed this on good teams. How can it not be him?
Fair question.

But imo, Kent doesn't put 199 yards vs FSU in the Natty with Tubba Martin at QB

Reactions: vols 30

VN Store

Back