'22 MI OT Masai Reddick (Tennessee signee)

A 1042 ranking is indicative of a mediocre power 5 player yes. If they evaluate him and bump him, then I'm all for it. But the ranking AND more importantly the offer list is pretty underwhelming. From the looks of it - this isn't the kind of player that is gonna get us where we hope to be any time soon.

The people who blindly boom every commit baffle me. Why even follow recruiting if you're just gonna jizz yourself no matter who commits?
I am glad we are getting kids that want to and can play but why you got to be debbie downer/negavol when they do commit? Let people have there moment.Asking for a friend

I’m intrigued with the size.

I honestly thought Heupel would grab 250 pound linemen and tell them to eat peanut butter sandwiches at night

Glad to see he’s getting SEC-size right out of the gate

Reactions: volsagain
Alot better OL men on the board to take a 3 star project
Our offensive coaches know the type of player they think can play football. After seeing many of the 5 star linemen we have recruited the last 3-4 years, I believe our coaches will have their players at a higher level than those who played way under their potential. Welcome to Tennessee.

A 1042 ranking is indicative of a mediocre power 5 player yes. If they evaluate him and bump him, then I'm all for it. But the ranking AND more importantly the offer list is pretty underwhelming. From the looks of it - this isn't the kind of player that is gonna get us where we hope to be any time soon.

The people who blindly boom every commit baffle me. Why even follow recruiting if you're just gonna jizz yourself no matter who commits?

Have a Snickers Betty White..

I get where you’re coming from though, but at this point, beggars can’t be choosers.. brighter days ahead my man.. December is still a good ways away

His measurables look more like an interior guy than a tackle. If he's got a mean streak to go with the size, he could turn out to be a good guard. Offensive line is probably the hardest position to evaluate.

We actually had a line of 4-5 stars last year and how did that work for you? I would rather have a bunch of smart and coachable 3 stars than a bunch of kids just waiting on a paycheck.

We actually had a line of 4-5 stars last year and how did that work for you? I would rather have a bunch of smart and coachable 3 stars than a bunch of kids just waiting on a paycheck.

Trey Smith and Cade Mays just waiting on a paycheck? K

Reactions: SoilVol
We had a coach(s) that brought in 5* players. Heck we had a line made up.of all 5 *s. Our line play sucked. Coaching matters. I'm anxious to see the players we have and the new ones with coaches that can coach a scheme. I'm not talking so much about technique but how lineman play in a scheme.

Answer this question, would have UCF beat us the last couple of years? With all those three stars? I think they'd have dragged our asses all over the field. Let's let it play out before we throw these kids under the bus.

We had a coach(s) that brought in 5* players. Heck we had a line made up.of all 5 *s. Our line play sucked. Coaching matters. I'm anxious to see the players we have and the new ones with coaches that can coach a scheme. I'm not talking so much about technique but how lineman play in a scheme.

Answer this question, would have UCF beat us the last couple of years? With all those three stars? I think they'd have dragged our asses all over the field. Let's let it play out before we throw these kids under the bus.
I think the counter argument is that coaching doesn’t matter in the SEC

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Love how a bunch of couch coaches think they have a clue at what it takes to be productive in college football. I'll trust our coaches judgment. You know, the ones that actually do it for a living.

I trust CJH until he gives me a reason not too, but I also understand where the negas come from . Look at where our past 3 coaches left us

A little voice of wisdom from the old guy… Well done, my friend!

Love how a bunch of couch coaches think they have a clue at what it takes to be productive in college football. I'll trust our coaches judgment. You know, the ones that actually do it for a living.
I’m giving the coaches a chance but the offer list is mediocre and numerous coaches including the instate schools like Michigan and Michigan state didn’t offer. At the end of the day time will tell the tale

Reactions: KptVFL
Mediocre rankings and weak offer list.

Deep breath…..

Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff. Trust this staff.
Thanks Hole

I do trust the staff more than your posts.
?

This year more than any other I’d 100% trust your own evals. Get the kid on campus and work them out and not care about rankings. Rankings will look much different come February. Fall film will rise and fall a bunch of kids this year unlike any other. Looks like a kid with a good base and I think he rises in the rankings.

I’m giving the coaches a chance but the offer list is mediocre and numerous coaches including the instate schools like Michigan and Michigan state didn’t offer. At the end of the day time will tell the tale
I don’t think any of that matters at this time….. I think the guys rated higher were early bloomers….. a lot of guys will be missed due to covid…. Our coaches saw him live on campus and pushed hard to get him.

VN Store

Back