Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why they've never attempted to expand to Knoxville?
When I worked there in high school, the saying was they never wanted to get too big because they didn’t want to get away from their quality. Only had like 20ish locations or something like that.

He had some really good classes. Just wasn’t great at the actual coaching part
That and development. It was more of a knock on lines of scrimmage recruiting than anything. Most other positions were decent.

The one thing I want to see Heup do is blow the nobodies out so we can get the younger kids in to develop them. Something I don’t think has been done in over a decade.

Shapiro is spot on IMO
I find it kind of amusing that people who have never smoked pot act like it's some gigantic performance inhibitor. If Elon Musk and 90% of the NFL can smoke pot regularly, I think it's safe to say there isn't any activity pot is going to stop you from doing, assuming you have an ounce of discipline. But other than that, yeah, spot on.

Also I wonder if this NLI stuff will cause some players to lose focus - worrying about trying to earn and manage money instead of playing the game. People in their circle wanting to take advantage, etc.

They teach you about this stuff your rookie year in the NFL and even then guys fall into bad traps.

This is going to be an early crash course for some.
They will, but it affects all teams. Arguably it may even affect the most talented teams the most, since all those 5*s think they're big shiz.

At the end of the day, coaches that handle it the best will gain an advantage.

Reactions: SpringBokVol
Tough day for the folks who say elite athletes don’t smoke weed

The Olympics rules are so weird. They have 3 criteria and if a substance meets 2 of the 3 then it's not allowed:

1) Harms athletes
2) Gives a performance boost (lol definitely not)
3) Is not in the "spirit of the sport"...

#3...WTF DOES THAT MEAN?!

This is beyond stupid.

I find it kind of amusing that people who have never smoked pot act like it's some gigantic performance inhibitor. If Elon Musk and 90% of the NFL can smoke pot regularly, I think it's safe to say there isn't any activity pot is going to stop you from doing, assuming you have an ounce of discipline. But other than that, yeah, spot on.
I would prefer my airplane pilot not to be smoking before or while flying.

I would prefer my airplane pilot not to be smoking before or while flying.
And I doubt this woman, or any athlete, is smoking one down 15 minutes before they compete.

Like I said, if you have an ounce of discipline, it's a non issue. Not performance enhancing or degrading.

And I doubt this woman, or any athlete, is smoking one down 15 minutes before they compete.

Like I said, if you have an ounce of discipline, it's a non issue. Not performance enhancing or degrading.
I don't disagree, but there has to be discipline (as you noted) and limitations on use by younger people whose brains are still developing. Having said that, I have no sympathy for those testing positive and getting suspended when they know the rules/laws in advance.

The Olympics rules are so weird. They have 3 criteria and if a substance meets 2 of the 3 then it's not allowed:

1) Harms athletes
2) Gives a performance boost (lol definitely not)
3) Is not in the "spirit of the sport"...

#3...WTF DOES THAT MEAN?!

This is beyond stupid.

#3 means 1 and 2 do not matter and they can make arbitrary distinctions as they please.

I don't disagree, but there has to be discipline (as you noted) and limitations on use by younger people whose brains are still developing. Having said that, I have no sympathy for those testing positive and getting suspended when they know the rules/laws in advance.
I agree to some extent. But there are laws I don't follow because I think they are stupid laws. If I were to get in trouble that's on me, but I do have some sympathy for other people who don't follow stupid rules.

No clue, it is happening everywhere tho. I am not anti gun, just point out the flaws to the system.
Look at Afghanistan, everybody has AK 47's , does that make the people safer from the taliban?
I have one, and yes... I feel safe from everyone and everything whilst having it in my possession. Get a Russian made, they good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back