Dominic Bailey caught with weed

Or not be an idiot an ride around with dope in your car. But you're right, this is totally the cop's fault.

No, it was Bailey’s fault for having weed but that doesn’t negate the fact that the cop is an ass. If you don’t think incidents like these don’t hurt recruiting you’re naive. It would have been handled 100% differently in every other SEC town.

Dumbest post I've ever seen on this forum, and that's saying something. How about football players not break the law? It's always someone else's fault. Pathetic.
It's not at all. Football players have been doing stuff like this for a long time. They are not doing anything that your favorite championship players from the past didn't do when they were on campus. They used to treat it a little differently, and still do for programs in other towns, but the KPD/UTPD seem to enjoy the headlines and the local media will gladly join in to rub it in a bit

No, it was Bailey’s fault for having weed but that doesn’t negate the fact that the cop is an ass. If you don’t think incidents like these don’t hurt recruiting you’re naive. It would have been handled 100% differently in every other SEC town.

I’m with the I don’t give a sh!t crowd when it comes to weed . That being said these people that do smoke , act like nobody will know if I just act straight . If you are in a car getting baked and roll the window down ( hell you don’t even have to do that most of the time ) or get out , everyone within 20ft of you knows you have been lighting up . Could the cop have let them go sure , would the cops in Gainesville have let them go , probably. Don’t put the cops in that position and leave your future in somebody else’s hands that doesn’t have anything to do with the football program . I would also say that these kids are putting a lot of pressure on a brand new coach that we all expect to perform miracles already . If that was me , the misdemeanor would be the last thing on my mind … looking up those stadium steps would terrify me .

It's not at all. Football players have been doing stuff like this for a long time. They are not doing anything that your favorite championship players from the past didn't do when they were on campus. They used to treat it a little differently, and still do for programs in other towns, but the KPD/UTPD seem to enjoy the headlines and the local media will gladly join in to rub it in a bit

Agree ,so stop giving them the satisfaction of the gotcha . 🤷‍♂️

It doesn't matter if marijuana is legal or illegal in Tennessee for Bailey. If he was pulled over in any state that marijuana is legal, he would still be violating the law as he is only 19 years old. Every state that has legal status also has an age requirement of being 21 or older. Be smart, if you're going to smoke it, do it somewhere with privacy and not out in public. Same as underage drinking. Don't go driving around town with a 6 pack in the car. It's really a question of what is more important to you, smoking weed or playing college football.

I don't buy that at all. They are doing their jobs.

FYI...weed is where most crime starts!
Asinine comment.

Such assumptive, judgmental, narrow-minded thinking. The whole “gateway drug” argument stemmed from the fact that a person who peddles one illegal thing is likely to peddle another. No other reason. Personally, I think you should KNOW what you’re talking about before you spout off in one direction or another. I use cannabis every single day of my life—while holding a highly lucrative job, staying in shape, and serving on the boards of two local nonprofits. The only reason I’m not outwardly vocal about marijuana is because I know how dimwitted, judgmental people will cast presumptions that I’d rather not deal with.

IMO posters who smoke think about their circle of friends and say out of every 10 ppl I run with, 9 smoke weed. This does not translate as they think on the broad spectrum. JMO
I think you're right. I think of all those kids scoring 30+ on their ACT's, all those taking advanced classes and curriculums, all the potential doctors and nurses in the medical programs, the future mechanical, structural, and computer engineers, the math majors and research scientists. I think they far outnumber the kids that are "undecided," taking bong hits on their dorm room floor. Life isn't the movies.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It’s weed, which should be nothing. Unfortunately it is illegal and is a misdemeanor. Pro tip : Don’t do dumb $hit when you’re already committing a crime, no matter how small or seemingly irrelevant it is in life. If you’re going to have possession of weed don’t break traffic laws. Stay between the lines, the lines are our friends. If you’re gonna drink underage don’t drive get an Uber, if you’re gonna get drunk get an Uber, this is common sense stuff.

Reactions: GAVol and JRich
It needs to be legalized. It’s just another thing

Tennessee is behind the curve on.

I’m just curious on your opinion here , should it be legal to drive while lighting up or after ? Should there be a test to see if you are impaired while driving ? If so where’s the limit ? If not how do you stop what will be an automatic assumption of impairment when a cop smells it on you ? Again I’m just curious as to your thoughts .

A person is an "ass" for doing his job?

I think you're right. I think of all those kids scoring 30+ on their ACT's, all those taking advanced classes and curriculums, all the potential doctors and nurses in the medical programs, the future mechanical, structural, and computer engineers, the math majors and research scientists. I think they far outnumber the kids that are "undecided," taking bong hits on their dorm room floor. Life isn't the movies.
Was one and partied with plenty of those people. It's very naive to believe that anyone smoking it will be unsuccessful in life

Was one and partied with plenty of those people. It's very naive to believe that anyone smoking it will be unsuccessful in life
Never said that, at all. Just commenting that the ratio is a bit off. There is no way 90% of students at UT are smoking weed. Keep up.

The fact is you are more likely to be successful if you're not, not saying that you can't be if you do, but the world isn't smoking weed. There is also the chance of getting arrested, since it is illegal. A criminal record does limit your prospects.

Never said that, at all. Just commenting that the ratio is a bit off. There is no way 90% of students at UT are smoking weed. Keep up.

The fact is you are more likely to be successful if you're not, not saying that you can't be if you do, but the world isn't smoking weed. There is also the chance of getting arrested, since it is illegal. A criminal record does limit your prospects.
It's a much larger % than the refer madness movement wants to admit. Add in alcohol and I would guess you're at a very big number. Many of the comments around it in this threadhave been laughably ignorant

2 of my most accomplished and successful friends with very high level positions smoke or use weed regularly and aren’t afraid to use some party drugs if the situation presents itself . They have families, take the pictures at the beach with a white shirt and khakis with their 3 kids and 2 dogs, but still party. They are driven and refuse to allow that side of their life overlap into their business life.

Reactions: Moscow Dawg
Lol “enjoy the headlines”? They probably didn’t even know he was a football player.

It's a much larger % than the refer madness movement wants to admit. Add in alcohol and I would guess you're at a very big number. Many of the comments around it in this threadhave been laughably ignorant
It’s really not. Not even half of college students regularly use drugs. You are extrapolating from personal experiences from 10-12 parties you went to or stories and assumed tons of people are doing it. studies show that not even 60% of all high school or college age kids have tried drugs ever, let alone regularly use them

It’s really not. Not even half of college students regularly use drugs. You are extrapolating from personal experiences from 10-12 parties you went to or stories and assumed tons of people are doing it. studies show that not even 60% of all high school or college age kids have tried drugs ever, let alone regularly use them
Including alcohol? Highly unlikely

studies asking teenagers "do you use drugs?" are probably pretty untrustworthy

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back