Dominic Bailey caught with weed

Stupid is potentially ruining a kids future over 2 whole ass grams of weed. Thats enough for a few blunts. It ain't like he had 2 ounces and bags and scales.
Two things are stupid here:
1. Driving around in TN with weed. It's dumb. Just don't do it. Nothing good can come from it. That's squarely on Bailey..... dumb move.

2. TN continually voting for legislators who routinely shoot down legalization. It's dumb. Just don't do it. Nothing good is coming from it. That's squarely on the voters AND non-voters in TN.

But STOP..... right now..... insisting the police officers shouldn't do their jobs. That's BS. They've got a ton of better things THEY WISH THEY WERE DOING instead of busting kids for weed but..... let's just suppose these cops ignore Bailey's weed and speed and send him on. God Forbid, Bailey hits a kid staggering across The Strip. Then the weed is found, he's got a blood level, but.... but.... "Those damn cops let him go!"

Then whose career is DEFINITELY destroyed? Baileys AND the cops. The damn kid isn't worth risking your job for.

Because they enforce laws? It's still illegal to possess weed in Tennessee.

It was an extremely small amount. Cop should have tossed it, this is what would have happened in every other SEC town.

Write the speeding ticket but don’t be an ass over a couple of joints.

Reactions: jarnol32
It was an extremely small amount. Cop should have tossed it, this is what would have happened in every other SEC town.

Or not be an idiot an ride around with dope in your car. But you're right, this is totally the cop's fault.

Two things are stupid here:
1. Driving around in TN with weed. It's dumb. Just don't do it. Nothing good can come from it. That's squarely on Bailey..... dumb move.

2. TN continually voting for legislators who routinely shoot down legalization. It's dumb. Just don't do it. Nothing good is coming from it. That's squarely on the voters AND non-voters in TN.

But STOP..... right now..... insisting the police officers shouldn't do their jobs. That's BS. They've got a ton of better things THEY WISH THEY WERE DOING instead of busting kids for weed but..... let's just suppose these cops ignore Bailey's weed and speed and send him on. God Forbid, Bailey hits a kid staggering across The Strip. Then the weed is found, he's got a blood level, but.... but.... "Those damn cops let him go!"

Then whose career is DEFINITELY destroyed? Baileys AND the cops. The damn kid isn't worth risking your job for.
AMEN. This is what NO ONE seems to understand.

In the late 60's and early 70's,if you got caught with a.joint on the campus of the University of Michigan,the campus/local police.gave.you a.5.00 dollar ticket.In the state of.Texass,you could get up to 400 years.Right or unlawful,the cops.have better things to do,theft guns assaults,spouse beatings.Does OLD put cars.at each end of Cumberland and volunteer blvd.waiting?

I'm going to disagree. How was the cop being a ass? Was he hateful? Yelling and mean? If we want to have a conversation on if weed should be legal or illegal I am fine with that.
As of right now its illegal, no matter how we see it as. The cop shouldn't be taking heat over not letting someone go because "its what would have happened in every other SEC town."
As true as that may be, its wrong. Should it be? Maybe, maybe not.

I just don't understand how we blame cops for enforcing a law, and glorify kids for breaking it.

Reactions: A.J. and gnm53108
Usually people who do drugs assume everyone else is too. It’s also fairly well known that people who do drugs usually don’t have a lot of serious money laying around
That doesn't really apply to weed. Weed isnt really seen as a drug. It's billed as some harmless cool substance that everybody should do.

I'm 27 and my peers are always shocked I don't smoke weed at all. People smoke the hell out of it. Especially college age people. They aren't all potheads but they at least do it occasionally socially.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Legalize weed in the state and don’t worry about it anymore.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This. All day. My life didn't change one iota when TN legalized the lottery, wine in groceries, no more "Blue Laws" or whatever else the massive TN "Holy Lobby" has opposed. I'll bet yours hasn't either.

Society isn't gonna fail or fall because folks can drink a beer in Neyland and it won't fall or fail because folks can roll one, nibble one, or whatever they do.

For the record, breathing smoke deliberatively is dumb as hell. Putting anything burning up to your lips and breathing it has been shown to be stupid on multiple levels.

Here's a thought. If you have weed on you, stay under the freakin' speed limit. Remember when Pearl's team, a few of them anyway, got pulled over doing 85 on Alcoa Highway on New Year's Day? They had weed and guns and were DOING 85MPH ON ALCOA HIGHWAY!

Reactions: tbwhhs
Here's a thought. If you have weed on you, stay under the freakin' speed limit. Remember when Pearl's team, a few of them anyway, got pulled over doing 85 on Alcoa Highway on New Year's Day? They had weed and guns and were DOING 85MPH ON ALCOA HIGHWAY!
Ah...... nostalgia.

How are these guys getting caught? Speeding alone does not typically lead to a search of your vehicle. So it sounds like it must have been laying out in clear view or there is something more giving the police reasonable cause to search the car. I couldn’t care less about our players smoking weed or having weed on them. But it is still illegal and they are getting a free education(and potentially more with NIL), so be smart about it.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I don’t care if you smoke weed but for heavens sake, STOP carrying it around with you while you’re driving.

It’s not hard.

Reactions: tbwhhs
That doesn't really apply to weed. Weed isnt really seen as a drug. It's billed as some harmless cool substance that everybody should do.

I'm 27 and my peers are always shocked I don't smoke weed at all. People smoke the hell out of it. Especially college age people. They aren't all potheads but they at least do it occasionally socially.

I find it ironic that ppl that complain about smells from nearby plant's exhausts and 2nd hand smoke. Will smoke the h3ll out of a joint in a confined car that gives off the aroma of rags burning.

VN Store

Back