Darel Middleton to the transfer portal

Middleton is a line stuffer sir, have you seen this individual? He was one of the guys holding it down for beldar. Lets say he goes to a smaller, or a community college, that makes him a star defensive player for them, and he gets advert contracts from that. That's what they are weighing.

Most JUCO's are not in towns with enough support for a team where businesses would pay a player to endorse them, or do commercials or something of that nature.

Tough loss but we will be okay… Im close to Middleton and he told me it was very hard to communicate with CJH for him personally compared to Pruitt not knocking CJH I think he will be successful but him as a offensive coach he has not had the open communication with the older DL like Pruitt did… expect one more DL in the portal very soon… he tells me he had to wait a week to get a 1 on 1 meeting with CJH… with that said I wish all them boys luck and let garner do his thing with the ppl that’s here…

In fairness to CJH, they are running camps and visits non stop this month. This is the first month that any school could schedule visitors, etc in almost 18 months! Tennessee, with a new staff, HAS to spend their entire time on recruiting this month. Again, Middleton didnt bother to participate in spring, didnt bother to come to the spring game...I dont blame CJH one bit for putting him on the back burner.

We aren't going to be good this year, might as well clear roster space for guys who want to be here.

In fairness to CJH, they are running camps and visits non stop this month. This is the first month that any school could schedule visitors, etc in almost 18 months! Tennessee, with a new staff, HAS to spend their entire time on recruiting this month. Again, Middleton didnt bother to participate in spring, didnt bother to come to the spring game...I dont blame CJH one bit for putting him on the back burner.

He did participate in spring he missed the spring game due to being late to a meeting on the week of the spring game… I’m not saying he is perfect by no means and is a project and I know CJH has a million things on his plate I was just explaining to you the attrition of some of the DL players and Garner is much tougher on them than Pruitt ever was which I love… I wished Darel good luck and I will still talk to him often but I still think we will be fine on the DL either way… it’s just funny how we bad mouth the players we lose in the transfer portal and love the ones we get… just wish the young men luck and keep it moving

We are officially in a brand new world ladies and sirs. Things are going to happen a little more quickly, and we should be thinking about the portal as a tool for immediate needs, because everyone else is.

Reactions: tbwhhs
A tried and true staple against a team like the VOLS rn is just line up and wear you out, physically. they have more guys on the field then you, and can wear you out over time, even if not immediately. that's what i would do. You are going to have to prove your D line can hold, because the SEC has LARGE offensive linemen.
Or...just score on offense. A lot.

And then those big Oline are playing on skates in constant pass pro...

source.gif

We are officially in a brand new world ladies and sirs. Things are going to happen a little more quickly, and we should be thinking about the portal as a tool for immediate needs, because everyone else is.

Yeah.
Heupel is already on that...
Hadden
Terry
Payton
Mitchell
Tremblay
Milton
Etc...

At least there is confirmation now, we could have used him but I totally trust Garner at the DL position. Maybe talent is being taught now as he doesn't think he will play much. I admit I never thought Middleton would enter portal. GBO!!!!

Reactions: wmcovol
Tough loss but we will be okay… Im close to Middleton and he told me it was very hard to communicate with CJH for him personally compared to Pruitt not knocking CJH I think he will be successful but him as a offensive coach he has not had the open communication with the older DL like Pruitt did… expect one more DL in the portal very soon… he tells me he had to wait a week to get a 1 on 1 meeting with CJH… with that said I wish all them boys luck and let garner do his thing with the ppl that’s here…
Yikes! Hope Heup recognizes the importance of Senior players to team morale. This is an easy start to locker room talk of ‘coach doesn’t care about you, only the kids he is recruiting for next year. He doesn’t care about this year.’
If this was my last season to have an impact and try to make it in the league, and it takes a week to talk to the head coach, it would be easy to think the coach is not trying to win right now, but is looking to the next year when I’m not a part of the team. Why would I want to stay?

Yikes! Hope Heup recognizes the importance of Senior players to team morale. This is an easy start to locker room talk of ‘coach doesn’t care about you, only the kids he is recruiting for next year. He doesn’t care about this year.’
If this was my last season to have an impact and try to make it in the league, and it takes a week to talk to the head coach, it would be easy to think the coach is not trying to win right now, but is looking to the next year when I’m not a part of the team. Why would I want to stay?
He hired Banks to be HC of the defense. Pruitt hopefully took notes with his opposite approach. There’s no micromanaging of the position groups, so a savvy Vol fan needs to pick which opinion to trust…Garner’s or Middleton’s.

i can say this pretty confidently, coach HYPE has the look of a man who gets about 42.38 minutes of sleep a night. Amazing how he is staying out of the light rn. Thats a busy man. Never lost his temper that I know of. He hasn't cracked yet.

Reactions: Samthebam
i can say this pretty confidently, coach HYPE has the look of a man who gets about 42.38 minutes of sleep a night. Amazing how he is staying out of the light rn. Thats a busy man. Never lost his temper that I know of. He hasn't cracked yet.

You two hanging on the weekends?

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
He did participate in spring he missed the spring game due to being late to a meeting on the week of the spring game… I’m not saying he is perfect by no means and is a project and I know CJH has a million things on his plate I was just explaining to you the attrition of some of the DL players and Garner is much tougher on them than Pruitt ever was which I love… I wished Darel good luck and I will still talk to him often but I still think we will be fine on the DL either way… it’s just funny how we bad mouth the players we lose in the transfer portal and love the ones we get… just wish the young men luck and keep it moving

They need to grow up. Stop being a bunch of children that just happen to be on the same team and start acting like a team of men. Quitting, pouting, finger pointing, etc., should not be allowed.

Oh, and they need a player to step up and be a leader and hold people accountable when they do act like children. Someone who emulates Al Wilson.
I posted this in another thread earlier today. Is it possible that someone is holding him accountable for his actions? I sure hope so as I think the locker room is in desperate need of it.

He was going to play, and probably a lot. He has NFL potential for sure, so no way he's leaving because of a lack of PT.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Why does this keep happening to us? We’re gonna barely be able to field a team. Maybe the players have heard potential punishment that is forthcoming

Not yet, but I'm sure you know what that looks like. when they crack, that's not coach hype yet.

It's June and he hasn't coached a game yet at UT. If there's even a remote danger of him cracking at this point, 60+ days before the start of the season, then he needs to find new profession entirely.

VN Store

Back