Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I’ve seen both, I can confidently say that I like City Planner @Christian Lowe better than Tony V Moving Service @Christian Lowe.
Lmao. I’m still worried, just cautiously optimistic. My uncle has been wrong once, he called Barnes to UCLA a done deal, but to his credit the 11th hour move by Fulmer and the unwillingness to cover his buyout weren’t known until it was all over.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I wonder where swain heard “highest paid coach in the country” from, everywhere else seems to be showing 1.5-1.6 mill.. maybe it means Tennessee is willing to go as high as making him the highest paid if needed?

I wonder where swain heard “highest paid coach in the country” from, everywhere else seems to be showing 1.5-1.6 mill.. maybe it means Tennessee is willing to go as high as making him the highest paid if needed?
It’s been known for a while. 1.5-1.6 is the highest paid before incentives. Corbin makes 1.2 base.

Reactions: FairburnVol
There was a good UT crowd in Omaha and Vitello seemed genuinely touched and appreciative. He's a good fit for UT. His personality gels with the fanbase-- and that hasn't been easy to find.

Wish we could've gotten at least one W. The Vols seemed ready to go in the pre-game stuff, then seemed out of sync for most of the games. We didn't get the breaks, but we beat ourselves. If we'd brought our A game, we'd still be playing. Disappointing this year, but good experience for next year.

There was a good UT crowd in Omaha and Vitello seemed genuinely touched and appreciative. He's a good fit for UT. His personality gels with the fanbase-- and that hasn't been easy to find.

Wish we could've gotten at least one W. The Vols seemed ready to go in the pre-game stuff, then seemed out of sync for most of the games. We didn't get the breaks, but we beat ourselves. If we'd brought our A game, we'd still be playing. Disappointing this year, but good experience for next year.
That’s baseball. Usually when fans on Twitter call us choke artists I agree but I don’t think they understand baseball very much. Mostly because they’re talking as if you can aim where you hit it. There’s like maybe 20 major league guys who can pull it where they want to but they want 9 college kids to be able to do it

I won't need to backtrack, our QB room stinks. If Heupel has any left in the tank I think he should throw the pads on and start this year.

How many fans of other schools can even name 3 QB's on our roster? I bleed orange, but you guys live in a fantasy land. Our QBs will have no time to throw and even when they do against Vandy they won't be able to hit squat downfield. Milton not included.
No time to throw? We lost three starters, one to the draft , one to transfer (was losing his spot anyways), and a center (where we upgraded with Cooper Mays)…. So tell me again why our QBs won’t have time to throw?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
That’s baseball. Usually when fans on Twitter call us choke artists I agree but I don’t think they understand baseball very much. Mostly because they’re talking as if you can aim where you hit it. There’s like maybe 20 major league guys who can pull it where they want to but they want 9 college kids to be able to do it

I mean I could place certain pitches where I wanted to in college. But when you get behind in counts etc all that goes out the window lol 😂

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
It's insane. I've seen plans for Neyland renos for more than five years now and it's still not to final drawings. LNS renos will have to be phased.
It seems unlikely they will do LNS and Neyland renovations at the same time, so one will get "priority" even if both are well intentioned and well funded.

I mean I could place certain pitches where I wanted to in college. But when you get behind in counts etc all that goes out the window lol 😂
I was a pitcher, and naturally left handed but my dad taught me how to bat right handed since he couldn’t teach me lefty. I never stood a chance, and to this day probably couldn’t hit a beach ball. I think Rickey Henderson is the only MLB player ever to bat right and throw left to this day.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I was a pitcher, and naturally left handed but my dad taught me how to bat right handed since he couldn’t teach me lefty. I never stood a chance, and to this day probably couldn’t hit a beach ball. I think Rickey Henderson is the only MLB player ever to bat right and throw left to this day.

Yeah I can’t imagine making that switch it’s so funny you bring it up. I can’t even fake pitch left handed my brain and body are like “WTF you tryna do bro?”

We were doing pickoff drills in college for our base runners (I was a Center Fielder /Left Fielder) and my coach was like yeah get off the mound lol 😂

Yeah I can’t imagine making that switch it’s so funny you bring it up. I can’t even fake pitch left handed my brain and body are like “WTF you tryna do bro?”

We were doing pickoff drills in college for our base runners (I was a Center Fielder /Left Fielder) and my coach was like yeah get off the mound lol 😂
My uncle stepped in and coached my pitching. He was good. Got me up to 88mph by freshman year of high school. One of my biggest regrets is quitting for women and drugs sophomore year. But hey, I was young and dumb. Very dumb considering they draft LHP just for the hell of it nowadays.

I was reading about or QB's and the OL. We all need to remember that the way you give a QB time to throw if you have a less than stellar OL is system. Quick misdirection and play action is how it is done. If you only have a straight drop back passer, yes you are in trouble but if you have a fairly agile QB and a system where the DC know that they have to make sure their players stay home and play assignment football instead of a all out rush then you can be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back