Sunshine Pumpers and NegaVols

They don't believe in realism on VN.

They believe you can fire 3 coaches "with cause" for paying players, that your Chancellor and President can say they were "shocked by the extent and number of people involved" in paying players...... and the NCAA won't respond with bowl sanctions and scholarship sanctions.

Apparently, they've no idea that "Institutional Control" means keeping things from getting to the point where your President and Chancellor are "shocked by the extent and the number of people involved."

It's utterly ridiculous not to expect the NCAA to HAMMER us because we self reported a large number of violations and it seems...... I've no direct knowledge, only what I've seen rumored..... that more and more interviews are yielding more and more violations. We can all assume, given how the SEC works..... if the lid has come completely off...... we're screwed front, back, and twice.

Yes, and when it happens? You and I will at least be less shocked and outraged than most.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Appeal to Authority can be a logical error. True.

But that's a coin with two sides. Ignoring the authority of subject matter experts is perhaps an even more common and costly logical fallacy. It is what happens when a person who doesn't know what they're talking about believes they know as much about a subject as an actual authority figure with experience in the field.

For instance, a guy named Bearded believing he knows more about football than Jeremy Pruitt just because Pruitt failed as a head coach in his first go. Or trying to convince another person that they shouldn't give any credence to the AD's experience and knowledge, simply because a thing out there exists called "appeal to authority logical fallacy."

Playing the logical fallacy card every single time you see a person defer to the experience and knowledge of a person in authority, well, that's just idiocy trying to masquerade as insightfulness.

But you be you, Bearded.

Deference to authority, and Appeal to Authority, aren't interchangeable. @Cenlavol didn't state that given the choice, one would defer to an authority, but rather that because no one on this site is paid to be a coach, then their statement on the issue, is automatically invalidated.

Its sofa coaches verses people who understand they arent paid to coach for a reason.

By their statement, Pruitt's poor coaching decisions couldn't be evaluated by anyone on this site, as they are not "paid to coach"; Pruitt is correct in his decisions by sheer fact that he is.

It's a classic 'appeal to authority', but you know all about that JP.

Reactions: Doberman
Great.

Another psychobabble BS OP thinking people can't differentiate between the fortunes of a football program and their everyday lives.

Right now i am just thrilled that the Vols are in Omaha for the first time in 16 years.

If the college world series were not being played there? Let's face it. Being in Omaha would be just as exciting as Wayne and Garth being in Delaware. But since it is? Go Vols.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
Unfortunately UT football has "learned to lose". Vandy had that distinction for decades. The teams in Mississippi did too. South Carolina did as well. It was always UT, Ala, Fla and Aub at the top of the pack of 12 or so. Now....not so much.

Game has changed, UT's administration has changed, coaches have changed, players commitment has changed...... all this while UT keeps getting beaten on live TV and the coaching carousel continues. The past 20 years hasn't been a period of time when uncertainty in almost every level of UT football was/is tolerated. Fans feel it. "Nega-Vols" rise up.

Unfortunately UT football has "learned to lose". Vandy had that distinction for decades. The teams in Mississippi did too. South Carolina did as well. It was always UT, Ala, Fla and Aub at the top of the pack of 12 or so. Now....not so much.

Game has changed, UT's administration has changed, coaches have changed, players commitment has changed...... all this while UT keeps getting beaten on live TV and the coaching carousel continues. The past 20 years hasn't been a period of time when uncertainty in almost every level of UT football was/is tolerated. Fans feel it. "Nega-Vols" rise up.

The SEC network money will still flow, and Neyland will still be at 80+% capacity, regardless of the product on the field. The administration knows this, and is going to hire accordingly, because why spend more than you have to on a coach?

Heupel may end up being successful here, and he may not, but ultimately the administration doesn't really care as long as revenue doesn't dip significantly.

I call it like I see it. With ⚾️ and 🏀, I'm really positive. When it comes to talking about our prior administration and our incompetent football hires, then I call it like I see it (and that is largely negative).

Even with Pruitt, I wasnt negative with recruiting. With his in game coaching and staff choices, I was critical since he did a poor job there.

Kinda wish ole Pruitt had been a bad "recruiter" now.

For some reason I don't think the ncaa penalties will be as bad as most believe. I guess that makes me a sunshine pumper...but I can be negative when it's merited. I'm just a fan who sees reality....but ALWAYS hopes for the best.

I just think VOL football has a tough row to hoe. Hope is enticing and there is some basis for it, but recent results scream bottom-dweller.

I am buckled in for the ride. It will be sweet when we get there.

I just hope none of you turn into Bama fans, pumpers or not!

Appeal to Authority

Jeremy Pruitt was paid to be the head football coach at Tennessee, did that make his consistently poor coaching decisions, not actually poor coaching decisions?

I didnt say I was a big supporter of Jeremy as being the greatest coach of all time. My point is, i bet he was better at his job than the wishy/washy, on/off, I'm embarrassed to be a Tennessee fan could have done. Then they help create a negative environment that makes the job to be a successful coach, that much harder. Be a fan or go fishing.

That was th
Deference to authority, and Appeal to Authority, aren't interchangeable. @Cenlavol didn't state that given the choice, one would defer to an authority, but rather that because no one on this site is paid to be a coach, then their statement on the issue, is automatically invalidated.

Its sofa coaches verses people who understand they arent paid to coach for a reason.

By their statement, Pruitt's poor coaching decisions couldn't be evaluated by anyone on this site, as they are not "paid to coach"; Pruitt is correct in his decisions by sheer fact that he is.

It's a classic 'appeal to authority', but you know all about that JP.

That was the ADs job to fix and guess what Jeremy doesnt wear orange today.

I'm a realist in most aspects of my life. If I am negative, there is a reason. If I am positive, there is a reason.

Pictures like this help me pump sunshine. This is our Texas transfer, plug n play middle linebacker. I think we gonna be okay there. I think of how slight To'o To'o seemed last season, and this makes me feel better.

10434280.jpg

Great.

Another psychobabble BS OP thinking people can't differentiate between the fortunes of a football program and their everyday lives.

Right now i am just thrilled that the Vols are in Omaha for the first time in 16 years.

If the college world series were not being played there? Let's face it. Being in Omaha would be just as exciting as Wayne and Garth being in Delaware. But since it is? Go Vols.

Dear NegaVols and Sunshine Pumpers,

While you are arguing over whether or not the glass is half empty or half pull, I drank it.

Yours truly,

The opportunist.

Yeah, but the thing you didn't realize was I peed in the glass.

Yeah, but the thing you didn't realize was I peed in the glass.

Bad move.

Last edited:
Florida week I'm a nega vol cause I hate them so much and we find ways to lose to them every year. Rest of the year I'm a sunshine pumper.

VN Store

Back