Update on the Investigation from Danny White

That’s all fine to say, and it sounds like it has some teeth when you push your opinion so hard, but I’m gonna take a step back from diving into that pool of yours. Every bit of research I have done on this so far tells me you are jumping to your own conclusions right now. That’s a fact..

There is no jumping to conclusions. Players can receive money now and there isn't much the NCAA can do about it. They have "rules", nobody cares about their "rules".

You are jumping to conclusion that the NCAA has some way of enforcing their rules, they clearly don't.... which is why they are in crying in front of Congress. If their rules were enforceable they wouldn't need help.

Nobody is going to be following their rules, not that they have been anyway... openly.

The rules on compensation don't really apply, they can't put into effect new rules which regulate because of the DOJ warning. Anti-trust has two paths, civil and criminal. I think you are in denial of very obvious observations at this point.

Last edited:
You keep confusing paying recruits and athletes being allowed to benefit from their likeness. I guarantee you Greg Sankey is not on board with SEC schools paying recruits. Once that can of worms is opened, college ball is finished.

You keep confusing paying recruits and athletes being allowed to benefit from their likeness. I guarantee you Greg Sankey is not on board with SEC schools paying recruits. Once that can of worms is opened, college ball is finished.

There is no confusing (I was the one on this forum saying this was coming 5-7 years ago), just because the States have put into effect NIL laws doesn't mean anti-trust law goes away on other compensation. DOJ has already sent the warning to the NCAA not to regulate. If they can't regulate on NIL, they can't regulate on other forms of commerce.

This really isn't hard to figure out... the NCAA nor the SEC should not be colluding and interfering with commerce, its none of their business.

I guarantee you Greg Sankey is not on board with SEC schools paying recruits.

Nobody needs the SEC's permission. LOL They might not even get a warning, they are lucky they made it this far without being indicted.

So, you think players are going to be getting money now because the SEC okayed it? LOL Nobody gives a **** what the SEC or NCAA think. "Hey mafia, you mind if we breakup your scam?" LOL

The NCAA can't do ****, because what they have been doing is against the LAW. <------ Get it?

Everyone is ignoring the rules and the NCAA can't pass new rules that people will break. LOL

DOJ Letter to NCAA article

Sherman Act (summary)

Last edited:
There is no confusing (I was the one on this forum saying this was coming 5-7 years ago), just because the States have put into effect NIL laws doesn't mean anti-trust law goes away on other compensation. DOJ has already sent the warning to the NCAA not to regulate. If they can't regulate on NIL, they can't regulate on other forms of commerce.

This really isn't hard to figure out... the NCAA nor the SEC should not be colluding and interfering with commerce, its none of their business.

Nobody needs the SEC's permission. LOL They might not even get a warning, they are lucky they made it this far without being indicted.

So, you think players are going to be getting money now because the SEC okayed it? LOL Nobody gives a **** what the SEC or NCAA think. "Hey mafia, you mind if we breakup your scam?" LOL
You do not need Congress or any of that.

All that is required and what is apparently in place is a signed agreement to abide by certain rules as a requisite for participation. Such contracts are as binding if not more so than legislated statutes.

It seems you are working double time to justify cheating and to essentially ruin amateur sports.

You do not need Congress or any of that.

All that is required and what is apparently in place is a signed agreement to abide by certain rules as a requisite for participation. Such contracts are as binding if not more so than legislated statutes.

It seems you are working double time to justify cheating and to essentially ruin amateur sports.

:D:D:D

What you are describing in context of the NCAA is violation of the Sherman Act at the federal level, and anti-trust law at the state level. Contracts are actually proof of the crime. What you are describing is already in place, which is why DOJ sent the warning letter. Of course, a warning letter isn't really needed.

Congress really can't help them much, if that is your point... I would agree there. It (the present business model) is over.

There is really no such thing as amateur sports under federal law, not really. Even the NCAA has given up on that hogwash. Players are getting paid, and that will increase... and there isn't anything the NCAA can or will do about it.

The war has already been lost. Imo, the greed of the schools, administrators, coaches and third party companies ruined school sports, but fairly irrelevant.

Last edited:
That’s all fine to say, and it sounds like it has some teeth when you push your opinion so hard, but I’m gonna take a step back from diving into that pool of yours. Every bit of research I have done on this so far tells me you are jumping to your own conclusions right now. That’s a fact.. not only does the NCAA bar paying recruits, so does the SEC and every other major conference. It’s not the Wild West yet, and let’s hope it never gets there, because once schools can pay recruits whatever they want the college game is done.
Maybe I'm misinformed, but I don't think the schools are going to be the ones paying the athletes in the Name, Image and Likeness scenario. I think it will be boosters, just like it is now.

I fear that dear ole U.T.'s relevance to college football has shrunk to the point that the NCAA feels it can dump on it in the same manner it would to N.E. Idaho Tech.

Maybe I'm misinformed, but I don't think the schools are going to be the ones paying the athletes in the Name, Image and Likeness scenario. I think it will be boosters, just like it is now.

Yes, but eventually the schools will just do it, or pay them a salary. The NCAA has no business regulating commerce to the players, it really doesn't matter the source. The various State laws only really get into NIL. The DOJ letter only pertains to NIL because the NCAA was getting to pass new rules as everyone was about to ignore their other rules. LOL How can the NCAA stop schools from paying players directly? The same thing would apply.

If school X pays player B for playing or their likeness, and the NCAA tries to enforce... the school/player can just contact the FBI and DOJ and file a criminal complaint. At least I would.

So... what has happened... nobody cares what the NCAA rules are. The NCAA tried to enact new rules to try and regulate after the fact and DOJ sent a warning of prosecution letter to them.

The present rules they can't enforce, and they can't enact new rules. Its game over.

The letter was sent by the department's antitrust division to NCAA president Mark Emmert on Friday, and it explains that the organization’s proposed rules may raise concern under antitrust laws, USA Today previously reported.

“Ultimately, the antitrust laws demand that college athletes, like everyone else in our free market economy, benefit appropriately from competition,” Assistant Attorney General Makan Delrahim wrote in the letter.

71%2BN5SLFcXL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Justice Department warns NCAA

What I have been saying for 5-7 years, this is an easy one.

Last edited:
The Saluki is blowing a lot of hot air, crossing over subject matters that are separate issues and grouping them all together as one. Schools Paying recruits to come to a school will never be done in the power 5 conferences....think on that one a bit Saluki and take it to its logical conclusion....that “ain’t happening” pal. No matter how hard you try to force your square argument into the round hole.

:D:D:D

What you are describing in context of the NCAA is violation of the Sherman Act at the federal level, and anti-trust law at the state level. Contracts are actually proof of the crime. What you are describing is already in place, which is why DOJ sent the warning letter. Of course, a warning letter isn't really needed.

Congress really can't help them much, if that is your point... I would agree there. It (the present business model) is over.

There is really no such thing as amateur sports under federal law, not really. Even the NCAA has given up on that hogwash. Players are getting paid, and that will increase... and there isn't anything the NCAA can or will do about it.

The war has already been lost. Imo, the greed of the schools, administrators, coaches and third party companies ruined school sports, but fairly irrelevant.
Total BS. Sorry. I'm actually known for being too detailed... but there's no real anchor point to even start a discussion in your response.

No. Agreements are NOT violations of either the Sherman Act or anti-trust laws. There is actually another organization that teams could join.... or they could start their own.

Total BS. Sorry. I'm actually known for being too detailed... but there's no real anchor point to even start a discussion in your response.

No. Agreements are NOT violations of either the Sherman Act or anti-trust laws. There is actually another organization that teams could join.... or they could start their own.

Yes, DOJ Anti-trust Division sent a letter because its not a violation of law.

Why do you think the NFL has an anti-trust exemption?

Please get off the interwebs.

Yes, DOJ Anti-trust Division sent a letter because its not a violation of law.
So? It would NEVER hold up in court. EVER. Signed agreements are binding unless there is some clear intent to deceive or entrap. The NCAA IS its member institutions and their agreement to abide by a set of rules.

Why do you think the NFL has an anti-trust exemption?

Please get off the interwebs.
Because they are an organization that pays players... and even then they do not have a true monopoly or trust. The USFL did not survive but showed the possibility of challenging the NFL.

There are other reasons that include their relationship with the players' union, TV rights, relationships with host and non-host cities, etc.

Haven't been on the "interwebs"... Projection?

The Saluki is blowing a lot of hot air, crossing over subject matters that are separate issues and grouping them all together as one. Schools Paying recruits to come to a school will never be done in the power 5 conferences....think on that one a bit Saluki and take it to its logical conclusion....that “ain’t happening” pal. No matter how hard you try to force your square argument into the round hole.

A school could pay a player today and there isn't much the NCAA could do about it.

Schools Paying recruits to come to a school will never be done in the power 5 conferences

Oh they don't have to necessarily pay players, but they could if they want to.

There is nothing new about anything I have said.... I said years ago this was coming to an end. I was right.

Forum (Scam Ending)
Nov 2, 2011

I didn't read the article yet but the death of the NCAA has been coming for awhile. It's a complete racketeering scam. IMHO The Feds are going to eventually step in or even individual states, it's racketeering.

Check check :):):):):)

You can go thru my post over the last 10 years and said how this would play out.

So? It would NEVER hold up in court. EVER. Signed agreements are binding unless there is some clear intent to deceive or entrap. The NCAA IS its member institutions and their agreement to abide by a set of rules.

:)

----. Which is why the NCAA did what they were told? LOL <-----

What you are talking about is nonsense. Hey, I setup a contract for kill to hire..... don't do prison for murder or attempt murder. :)

Please don't teach what you think you know to someone else.

The NCAA IS its member institutions and their agreement to abide by a set of rules.

If they are stopping or interfering with the free market, it would be anti-trust violation see Title 15. Which is what DOJ said, duh. The contract for the association and the open rules are actually evidence of the crime. LOL

Anti-trust Division Cases

I haven't personally gone thru every AT case, I would imagine 100% of them involve contracts. LOL

Last edited:
:)

----. Which is why the NCAA did what they were told? LOL <-----

What you are talking about is nonsense. Hey, I setup a contract for kill to hire..... don't do prison for murder or attempt murder. :)
Do you really think that's a parallel example? Do you know how utterly stupid that comparison of oranges and apples makes you look?

Please don't teach what you think you know to someone else.
Pot... meet kettle.

If they are stopping or interfering with the free market, it would be anti-trust violation see Title 15. Which is what DOJ said, duh. The contract for the association and the open rules are actually evidence of the crime. LOL

Anti-trust Division Cases

I haven't personally gone thru every AT case, I would imagine 100% of them involve contracts. LOL
And you are still making up non-sense and apparently have no earthly idea what a trust is.

In Saluki world, why would any university even bother making the players attend classes? It’s all commerce baby, no need for classes boys. And each year the highest bidding school Will land the top QB (any player) for any amount of money they care to bid.

Hell, some industrious schools will see that instead of them and their boosters spending those many millions of bidding dollars out of their own pockets each year, they could pool their enormous resources together and buy a legit for Profit company. They could then use much of the revenue from such a company every year to buy as much of the annual top talent as they can.

Imagine if Nike were allowed to spin off a division say, which records a few 100 million a year in revenue and sell it as a private entity to the University of Oregon. Now we’re talking, Oregon finds themselves rubbing elbows with Ohio State, Bama and every other school that has schemed up the facility to generate the cash needed to play with the big boys. Now that’s some commerce fellas.

All the while, these players being made to go to school? F that crap, not in this Saluki world man. In Saluki world, the NCAA, the states, the DOJ and the Conferences themselves have NO say Baby, and it’s a groovy world, cause there “ain’t no rules man”. If Michigan can raise top dollar for the next Trevor Lawrence, he’s all theirs....once he signs of course, cause these kids all have agents now you see. And the agent ain’t letting Johnny sign nuttin until all the final bids are in.

That my friends is Saluki world. Ain’t it purty.

Last edited:
Btw Saluki, a contract for hire to commit murder is an illegal and non binding contract as are all endeavors whose purpose is the pursuit of illegal activities. A legal contract between member institutions for the benefit of its associated members is a legal contract. Fail Like all your other BS wind.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back