controversial whiskey post.

IluvdoubleD's

Sir Loves
disclosure: I'm up north these days.

I'm about to clip the 50 and i've drank a lot of whiskey. So, I have a question for you Tennessee natives. i come to Tennessee often, and i see Tennessee bourbon, and bourbon drinkers are plentiful. I'm not even sure that's legal tbh. Pretty sure you have to be certified from bourbon country to be legally called bourbon, but even so...

Tennessee whiskey is NOT KY whiskey. Tennessee whiskey is hot fire, and it's been that way traditionally. it's supposed to be a strong kick in the pants, not mellow. Tennessee whisky grabs you by the balls, slaps you in the face, and yells "get your pants off"! While KY whiskey whispers sweet nothing in your ears.

Why are so many Tennesseans drinking KY whiskey?

I don't know what you have been drinking but it's not TN Whiskey.

Dickle is hot baby, and i like it that way. Tennessee has never been "soft or mellow". it's corn in a jar.

the primary difference between the two is that bourbon is generally filtered through activated charcoal before going into the barrel while Tennessee whisky is filtered through maple charcoal using the "Lincoln County process". The filtering method used for bourbon is faster and should not change the taste of the spirit. The filtering method for TN whiskey is much slower and does change the flavor. That's it.

you cannot make bourbon in Ireland or Scotland. because of the peat. whiskey is regional. it's dependant on its natural local ingredients. that's why you take pride in your local whiskeys. what you have to work with makes it different. and the barrels are all white oak, but they are from different regions, flamed in different ways, and used in different ways. the barreling is not all the same.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
you cannot make bourbon in Ireland or Scotland. because of the peat. whiskey is regional. it's dependant on its natural local ingredients. that's why you take pride in your local whiskeys. what you have to work with makes it different. and the barrels are all white oak, but they are from different regions, flamed in different ways, and used in different ways. the barreling is not all the same.
Peat is burned to dry barley and it retains the smokiness from it in scotch whiskey (however not all of them do). Irish whiskey typically doesn’t use peat for drying barley. What’s distinctive about Irish whiskey is the unmalted barley. So it’s really all about the ingredients and process. There are some distilleries in Asia which use peat. The most important location-dependent factor for whiskey production is not in how it’s distilled but how it’s aged. Environmental factors make a big difference in aging

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
I cannot drink my water in Florida. Filters can tame it a little but overall it isn't fit to wash the dog.

Still, I love it here.

We have a Culligan system in our home and the water taste great. It's soft as hell, but I drink it out of the tap. Normal FL water, it's hard to drink.

VN Store

Back