Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. He changed his tune when he saw it on their own website. Those animals are the most destructive there is in the parks because man is their only real predator. Other predators will generally only go after the piglets. They are studying if coyotes are ganging up on them sometimes because of the hog hair they are finding in their scat. But it could be just the younger, smaller hogs they are killing. We are overrun with them around here as well. Shoot on sight is the motto.
What ticks me off is TWRA wont let you employ tactics that other states use like night vision and even hunting at night. I was talking to a game Warden and he was saying that they are afraid that if they allow people to use night vision they'd poach deer. I told him if someone wanted to poach deer with night vision, they'd poach deer with night vision irregardless of whether they allowed people to hunt hogs with night vision. I was actually making the case for hunting coyotes at night. I told him he was losing more deer to coyotes than he would ever lose to poachers. Really had no response. TWRA is the stupidest state wildlife agency of any I know.

Last edited:
We may have a long wait for the new playoff format...

"Even if the format is adopted — no earlier than this fall — there was no indication in the proposal about when an expanded playoff could be in place. The soonest would seem to be for the 2023 season, but it is probably more likely to be after the 2026 season."

tenor (1) (28).gif

Who is it fighting for a 12 team model over an 8 or 16 team playoff?

I'm guessing the top dogs...otherwise I don't get 12 over 8/16. They just want that bye to ensure their continued hegemony.

As I posted a bit ago, SEC appears to favor at least 12 over 8 because it guarantees they get more teams in. They can sometimes get 2 of 4 but can only really get 2 of 8 if they require conference champions. So, 12 gets more in.

As I posted a bit ago, SEC appears to favor at least 12 over 8 because it guarantees they get more teams in. They can sometimes get 2 of 4 but can only really get 2 of 8 if they require conference champions. So, 12 gets more in.
Then go 16 and get even more in?

I just hate seeing the already dominant gain continuing advantages. Feels like 2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

Has anyone, even the CFP or NCAA acknowledged the massive parity issue? Or is this just "oh, fans want it"? When will someone acknowledge the real issue in CFB the last 10 years?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Then go 16 and get even more in?

I just hate seeing the already dominant gain continuing advantages. Feels like 2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

Has anyone, even the CFP or NCAA acknowledged the massive parity issue? Or is this just "oh, fans want it"? When will someone acknowledge the real issue in CFB the last 10 years?

I don’t know about 16; just assume they don’t want to go with that many.

I also heard someone suggest that 12 actually helps a G5 selection. At 8, they are probably the 8 seed and get demolished by someone like Bama. In a 12 team playoff, the G5 school doesn’t have to play a top 4 seed in game one because those teams get a bye. Easier chance to play more than one game.

yeah ive seen the Texas Wildlife show where hunting camps/ranchers trap and shoot in an unlimited capacity. I'm all about selective hunting, for sustenance. I'm sure the meat goes to a good causes. It just evokes pictures in my mind of Buffalo and Wolves strung up by hundreds, granted that was before management.

Sucks that man has to play part of predator because all natural predators are gone...like red wolves. But it is what it is.

In Texas, there are still mountain lions. They will not mess with a group of feral pigs. And they travel in packs essentially. My friend took out a group of 20 that were actually rushing he and his son. Thankfully he had an A.R. 15 and they were able to climb up where the pigs couldn’t get them. The pigs were actually trying to attack and savage them…

He butchered every one. Filled his game freezer. He gave away a bunch too. The feral pigs don’t taste as good as the farm raised for sure…

It’s certainly better than what we have now. I’d prefer they go back to BCS. But that will never happen unfortunately. Football post season is turning into basketball. Regular season becoming less important. Sucks.

Disagree bigly here due to expanding buy-in from more programs from beginning to end. It would be too myopic to only look at the top 3-4 teams and value the importance of their regular season (in the old BCS days), as compared to a much wider net of teams.

1) Far more teams will have interest till the very end...not to mention all 60+ G5 teams (half of D1 college football for god's sake), for the first time ever, will have the opportunity to play for it all. That's huge for half of D1...their regular season for the first time ever takes on ultimate importance.

Add to that the tons of bubble teams that will have more reason to go 100% till the end, fewer opt-outs, etc. We're talking maybe 5-7 teams being in the race near the end of the season to 16-20+. It will create so many possible outcomes down the stretch that far more fans and teams will be engaged to the end.

2) Even for the top/undefeated teams, the regular season will have great importance due to seeding, conference championships, and byes.

Just look at college basketball. You easily have 80-90 teams sweating out the regulr season till the very end. Now compare this to BCS football...maybe 3-4 teams still had interest to win it all by the end. When people say "the regular season matters in college football" - yes, but it boils down to a handful of teams. This will make it matter to many more...while allowing for more injury and variance flexibility.

I have no desire but should still be my choice……..Some people choose to hang glide….. jump out of planes….. drive way too fast around the dragon….. while some others choose to be fat, lay in a recliner and watch matlock reruns their entire life…. I’m all from personal choice and freedom.
By that logic, then I should have the right to hunt those who hunt endangered species. I would not kill them, but natural selection would definitely be against their survival…

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Not sure what your vendetta is against legal hunting but you are completely ignorant on the subject and it shows.

And yes hunters money is a huge portion of what pays for public land, conservation efforts in Africa and many other causes. You should seriously do some unbiased research.

I’ve pointed this out before but your avi is literally of one of the biggest hunters/ conservationist in history. Which is amusing given your stance.

Hunting endangered species is wrong.

Don't you start. No other animal on earth kills just for the joy of it. Or to just deprive others of their same species food. It doesn't help Im reading Shadow Country about the pioneers in southwest Florida around the turn of the 19th century and they basically hunted about everything in the area to extinction for greed.
I don't like that either, but I have a big issue with your statement. No other animal is capable of the best we do either.

Yes..some humans absolutely suck, but some are absolutely awesome...most of us are in the middle...including you and I.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
In Texas, there are still mountain lions. They will not mess with a group of feral pigs. And they travel in packs essentially. My friend took out a group of 20 that were actually rushing he and his son. Thankfully he had an A.R. 15 and they were able to climb up where the pigs couldn’t get them. The pigs were actually trying to attack and savage them…

He butchered every one. Filled his game freezer. He gave away a bunch too. The feral pigs don’t taste as good as the farm raised for sure…
Ok. That seems a legitimate use for an AR.

Edit: Commentary was on the hunting needs for an AR-15 or assault weapon. Which that is legit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back