The Chicken Sandwich War

CFA tops. Hands down.

#2 for me will always be the original mechanically separated and pressed chicken sandwich from BK with lettuce and mayo. not sure why, but it's simply #2 behind CFA.

Tried the Popeyes one twice. To me it didn't even have flavor to speak of. I don't buy willingly anything at popeyes except the dirty rice and the red beans and rice. Everything else is a ripoff. Around 2009, I did like Popeye's but not as much now for some reason.

Zaxby's new full breast filet one is actually pretty good.

Can't rate KFC. I only go there for original fried chicken. Nothing else.

I like Bojangles in general. They're Cajun Filet sandwich is good because it's not trying to be a CFA sandwich. Best breakfast biscuits IMO. Chicken dinners are a better value for the money than Popeye's, and to me is better.

Have not tried any new filet sandwiches from BK, Hardee's or McD's. I go to McD's on occasion for a Big Mac or Qtr w/cheese, not a "healthy" sandwich.

Not a sandwich, but back in the 80's or so when Hardee's came out with their fried chicken, we completely bailed on KFC for Hardee's. It was really good. The slaw was too.

The pickles are wonderful.

If you ask for extra pickles on your CFA sammich, it’s a game changer.

If I'm at the drive thru, I eat the CFA as is. If inside or at home, it gets a spread of Mayo and Ketchup. Yum, Yum.

The pickles on Zaxby's new one are nice and crispy and thick cut. Atleast on the two I've had.

Reactions: MAD
McDonalds was pretty good and KFC's is really good, and sometime I am going to try
Chick-FIL

McD came out with a filet sandwich several years back that was not bad. Not sure why it left the menu for a while. Except they tried to dead copy CFA. Bun, filet, and pickles.

Reactions: Vjcvette and MAD
Forgot about them, aren't they just in North Carolina?

Dude?? BoJ is all over GA and TN too. THey are leaps ahead of Popeyes in all thing not dirty rice or red beans and rice. Good value for money too. Actually get a chicken leg bigger than your thumb (popeyes). Their Cajun filet biscuit and sandwich are really good. And they're not trying to make a CFA sandwich which is why you can enjoy it w/o comparing. Love their fries too.

Reactions: VolNExile and MAD
CFA tops. Hands down.

#2 for me will always be the original mechanically separated and pressed chicken sandwich from BK with lettuce and mayo. not sure why, but it's simply #2 behind CFA.

Tried the Popeyes one twice. To me it didn't even have flavor to speak of. I don't buy willingly anything at popeyes except the dirty rice and the red beans and rice. Everything else is a ripoff. Around 2009, I did like Popeye's but not as much now for some reason.

Zaxby's new full breast filet one is actually pretty good.

Can't rate KFC. I only go there for original fried chicken. Nothing else.

I like Bojangles in general. They're Cajun Filet sandwich is good because it's not trying to be a CFA sandwich. Best breakfast biscuits IMO. Chicken dinners are a better value for the money than Popeye's, and to me is better.

Have not tried any new filet sandwiches from BK, Hardee's or McD's. I go to McD's on occasion for a Big Mac or Qtr w/cheese, not a "healthy" sandwich.

Not a sandwich, but back in the 80's or so when Hardee's came out with their fried chicken, we completely bailed on KFC for Hardee's. It was really good. The slaw was too.

2 things:

1. If you’re talking about the sub-shaped chicken sammich from BK, I completely agree. Was my go-to for many years.

2. Try the Steak biscuit from Bojangles sometime. It’s their best biscuit IMO.

Reactions: VolNExile and MAD
2 things:

1. If you’re talking about the sub-shaped chicken sammich from BK, I completely agree. Was my go-to for many years.

2. Try the Steak biscuit from Bojangles sometime. It’s their best biscuit IMO.

As to your reply:
1. Yes, that long BK chicken sandwich. I still get cravings for it. Right or wrong it has never been imitated or replicated.

2. Ditto on the steak biscuit from BoJ. Only I get the steak egg and cheese. I'm so hooked on that I rarely get the Cajun Filet, but it's good too. I love, love country ham. Theirs has good country ham, but I have to buy extra. No one puts a respectable amount of ham on a biscuit.

Haven't tried the new Zaxby's because with every receipt I get the opportunity to answer a survey for a buy one get one Big Zax Snack meal. Answering that servey is about $240 per hour for me so....
BTW I started answering the survey when they discontinued the General Zho's Boneless Wing meal
and CFA Spicy Sandwich is the best!

Chick Fil-A spicy chicken is #1.

Popeyes spicy chicken is a good #2. Sounds like it depends on your local Popeyes. The one my co-worker makes a trip to is slow, but we've never had a bad sandwich and people routinely ask him to make a food run. They're pretty liberal with the pickles and spicy mayo.

Reactions: Wireless1 and MAD
Got the Popeyes sandwich today. I thought it was quite good. The Mayo is spicy for sure but not impossibly hot. It’s so far away from our house I wouldn’t make a special trip there, but if it was next door to a CFA I wouldn’t have a problem eating either one.

Got the Popeyes sandwich today. I thought it was quite good. The Mayo is spicy for sure but not impossibly hot. It’s so far away from our house I wouldn’t make a special trip there, but if it was next door to a CFA I wouldn’t have a problem eating either one.
I'd buy the spicy mayo at a grocery if Popeye's sold it. Would be great on a bunch of stuff I bet.

Reactions: Wireless1 and MAD
Those restaurants that can't even staff adequately enough to stay open are going to see a flood of applications when the states stop with the ludicrous payments.

Those restaurants that can't even staff adequately enough to stay open are going to see a flood of applications when the states stop with the ludicrous payments.
Thing is high school and college kids are not getting those payments

Bojangles steak biscuits for life! Add egg to mine. Hardee's steak is acceptable, too.

d91.gif

Thing is high school and college kids are not getting those payments
The other problem is that, with so many businesses feeling compelled to offer $15 per hour wages, either prices will have to go up or portion sizes will have to come down. Bottom line is that „fast food“ will soon be just as expensive as a sit down meal at a Chilli‘s level restaurant. Beef prices rising so quickly have already put ff hamburgers out of my quick lunch budget. (Another reason so many ff joints are pushing relatively cheaper chicken products)

Reactions: 508mikey
The Popeyes near us starts at $9.00 an hour. The Chick Fil A starts 50% more than that. Who is going to get the better and most applicants?
CFA is in a unique situation in the fast food industry. Their volume is so high that they can spread cost increases for higher wages over a much broader number of orders making the incremental cost increase per sandwich MUCH smaller than their competitors

VN Store

Back