USA Today SEC coaches rankings

honestly cannot stop LMAOOOOOOOOOO! at Kirby doing exactly jack nothing but buy recruits and get recognition. i mean, he has to be one of the worst coaches in SEC history, and they can't get rid of him. it's fooking beautiful to look at.
I'd take him over what we had in the same time frame.

Reactions: Trojan_Vol
Stoops has turned UK into a quality program after inheriting a doormat. What he has done is not equal to what Franklin did at Vandy, but name another coach who has done that....Franklin pulled a miracle at Vandy, those don’t come around often. I agree Kirby would not have done as well at UK As Stoops has done.
It could just as easily be said that Stoops could've gone 49-50 at UGA, if he would have lasted 8 years, and Smart could have turned UK into a national powerhouse. It's not what you think they can do, it's what they have done.

I looked at the list and the first thing I thought of is what a joke! New Vandy coach is rated above Heupel, yet no head coaching experience to evaluate him. I don't know about the other coaches ratings, simply because there is much to go on until you get to the top six or seven. I think Leach may be overrated, Mullen underrated, and until Kirby can win a National Championship, I would at least move Mullen ahead of him. And Kiffin really hasn't proven himself as a head coach at his various stops, even though he is a great offensive mind. Same can be said for Beamer, Heupel, Drinkwitz, Leach. Long term is what will determine the top of the lesser experienced coaches. Yeah, rambling a little bit.

thats a whole lot of if's. funny how all them Georgia croots wind up transferring to UT after they get their gifts. monkey boy is going to take that program down. the only way they can get rid of him, is if one the gift givers themselves rat him out.

This kind of reminds me of the fascinating question whether Kirby has "peaked" after Georgia played in the national champ game. Holy cow.

the absolute best part about kirby and his spazzed out popeye esque personality is not only can you not get rid of him without taking a hit to the program, but everytime you squeeze the pressure on him, he does really stupid chit. hahahahahahhahhaa... dying. what a goofy spazzball.

5 Seasons as a head coach
52-14 .788 (8-5, 13-2, 11-3, 12-2, 8-2)
4-1 in bowl games
3 Eastern Division Championships
1 Sec Championship
SEC Coach of the Year in 2017
Recruiting Rankings : 6th, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 1st)

Not sure you and I are talking about the same guy.
Couldn't resist the bait, lol.

oh you guys know the drill by now. you can't get in without help. they put who they want in. eventually ole Kirbs time will be up, there is just a WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE who have kirbs connections they can't out yet. including espn.

thats a whole lot of if's. funny how all them Georgia croots wind up transferring to UT after they get their gifts. monkey boy is going to take that program down. the only way they can get rid of him, is if one the gift givers themselves rat him out.

Other than Cade Mays, who transferred from Georgia to UT?

And, given the acts to which UT has admitted, couldn't you say the exact same thing about all the players leaving Tennessee?

oh you guys know the drill by now. you can't get in without help. they put who they want in. eventually ole Kirbs time will be up, there is just a WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE who have kirbs connections they can't out yet. including espn.

Just out of curiosity, of what age would you be?

@bamawriter, HALF OUR ROSTER FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS WAS GEORGIA KIDS. prolly half of those were transfers.

and you can find my age in other threads. someone will point it out for you.

It could just as easily be said that Stoops could've gone 49-50 at UGA, if he would have lasted 8 years, and Smart could have turned UK into a national powerhouse. It's not what you think they can do, it's what they have done.
Except you CAN look at what each has done with what they started with and you can say with conviction that Stoops has elevated his program significantly while working with less. How much has Kirby elevated UGA from the Richt era? Not nearly as much. And as the original argument was founded on, Stoops did so at a school that historically was a much much harder job. Georgia has all the advantages a coach needs, UK not so much. Stoops has done more IMO.

And honestly only the first five are what i would consider "great or really good" coaches

You think 25% of UT's roster over the past three years were transfers from UGA?

it has been. and most of them have moved on again. im nit in a position to ho through every kid that came through UT for tge last 3-4 years, but yes. about 20% were georgia kids at one point.

Dumb list at bottom

Reality:
1. Saban
2. Fisher
3. Smart
4. Orgeron
5. Mullen
6. Kiffin
7. Leach
8. Stoops
9. Heupel
10. Pittman
11. Harsin
12. Drinkwitz
13. Beamer
14. Lea

Heupel cannot possibly be above Harsin. Harsin kept BSU consistently winning at least 10 games and winning the MWC. UCF did nothing but get worse under Heupel.

it has been. and most of them have moved on again. im nit in a position to ho through every kid that came through UT for tge last 3-4 years, but yes. about 20% were georgia kids at one point.

Not kids from the state of Georgia. That's not the question. Do you actually think that 1/4 of UT's roster was made up of transfers from the University of Georgia?

ill have to come back later, im too busy rn 👨🏻‍🦳. this is the same argument that has been stated for half a decade, and its not new.

ih my goodness, some list all the georgia croots that transferred to UT for the last four tears for this guy.

VN Store

Back