The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Oh word I didn’t catch him
There is no video of him actually playing that I saw, but he is in the huddle at the end of the clip. Right side of the screen with his hair in cornrows. Likely won't see him until they break huddle and it's just for a second.

Reactions: jmva1
At the 3 second mark he’s out there playing alongside Uros
Must have been wearing a different practice uniform, then, or he has changed his number. That guy was #45 at the 3-second mark (blink and you'd miss it). BHH is currently listed as #2 on the official roster.

On that note:
Aidoo: #0
Chandler: #1
Huntley-Hatfield: #2
Diboundje: #3
Powell: #24
Mashack: TBD

Must have been wearing a different practice uniform, then, or he has changed his number. That guy was #45 at the 3-second mark (blink and you'd miss it). BHH is currently listed as #2 on the official roster.

On that note:
Aidoo: #0
Chandler: #1
Huntley-Hatfield: #2
Diboundje: #3
Powell: #24
Mashack: TBD
Well there is no #45 on the roster so I would venture to guess he’s either changed numbers or was wearing a different jersey cause that was definitely him.

As does Mashack.
Honestly, none of the freshmen coming in are going to be bullied from a physicality standpoint.

Official sizes:
Aidoo: 6-11, 230 lbs
BHH: 6-10, 235 lbs
Diboundje: 6-5, 206 lbs
Chandler: 6-0, 172 lbs
Mashack: TBD, but clearly he is likely the most physically imposing freshman body

Chandler, you could argue is a little slight of frame, but his game is based more on speed and burst. Additional added strength over the summer will only help him finishing at the rim.

Honestly, none of the freshmen coming in are going to be bullied from a physicality standpoint.

Official sizes:
Aidoo: 6-11, 230 lbs
BHH: 6-10, 235 lbs
Diboundje: 6-5, 206 lbs
Chandler: 6-0, 172 lbs
Mashack: TBD, but clearly he is likely the most physically imposing freshman body

Chandler, you could argue is a little slight of frame, but his game is based more on speed and burst. Additional added strength over the summer will only help him finishing at the rim.
One of the most physically impressive freshmen classes Tennessee has had in a long time. Not just physically imposing, but the athleticism is off-the-charts as well.

Still won’t win a National Title, or even make the tournament for that matter. 😂
If they get Duren, I’d put money on them making the F4. They are going to be good, anyway, though losing Isaiah Jackson hurts. Duren immediately addresses that hole, and would even be an improvement, honestly. And I say that as someone who loves Jackson as a player.

Reactions: The Dog and Willy14
If they get Duren, I’d put money on them making the F4. They are going to be good, anyway, though losing Isaiah Jackson hurts. Duren immediately addresses that hole, and would even be an improvement, honestly. And I say that as someone who loves Jackson as a player.

Ehh, they’ll be good but Calipari has had plenty of other good players since Anthony Davis and failed to win the big dance.

I’m more worried about Nate Oats and Will Wade.

Ehh, they’ll be good but Calipari has had plenty of other good players since Anthony Davis and failed to win the big dance.

I’m more worried about Nate Oats and Will Wade.
He finally has the one thing he's been missing in all these failed attempts since 2014, though: experience and leadership. Combine that with the obvious talent he's brought in and I think you're probably underestimating them. I know you are an avid UK hater, as am I, but I think you have to acknowledge the fact that Cal is building this team differently and adapting to the new model of roster construction.

Oats is certainly a force to be reckoned with. Wade scares me much less despite his success vs Tennessee, head-to-head. Musselman scares me more than Wade. WW isn't long for this league, IMO. I have a feeling he is going to burn out quickly. The NCAA is going to come for their pound of flesh at some point.

He finally has the one thing he's been missing in all these failed attempts since 2014, though: experience and leadership. Combine that with the obvious talent he's brought in and I think you're probably underestimating them. I know you are an avid UK hater, as am I, but I think you have to acknowledge the fact that Cal is building this team differently and adapting to the new model of roster construction.

Oats is certainly a force to be reckoned with. Wade scares me much less despite his success vs Tennessee, head-to-head. Musselman scares me more than Wade. WW isn't long for this league, IMO. I have a feeling he is going to burn out quickly. The NCAA is going to come for their pound of flesh at some point.
Musselman scares me more than Oats, too. I think Oats has become a tad overrated after this most recent season, at least on this board. Folks are acting like he is an elite force we can only pray leaves the conference, but he had a mediocre first year at Bama. He obv just had a great year, but had a pretty experienced roster in a very strange year. Did well at Buffalo but came in after Bobby Hurley put them in good position. I need to see more out of him before anointing him as part of the very top tier of coaches in the SEC
I thought about ranking the SEC coaches in addition to this comment but man that was tough. The SEC is stacked with great coaches

Last edited:

VN Store

Back