Update on the Investigation from Danny White

If only we had created a whole new major of classes (UNC).
or had our bball coach caught on tape discussing pay for play (LSU).
sigh.

Both schools fought NCAA and threatened law suits against NCAA, or coaches did.. NCAA is actually scared of going to court. MRs Plowman is handing them the evidence making it easy for the NCAA..

They'll probably release a dark update, causing upset and distraction, right before some critical SEC game next fall.

Ok this must sound like a dumb question, which coming from me should surprise no one, but why does the NCAA have any right to tell a university to who or how many scholarships they may give to potential student athletes?

Ok this must sound like a dumb question, which coming from me should surprise no one, but why does the NCAA have any right to tell a university to who or how many scholarships they may give to potential student athletes?

The NCAA is the governing body of college athletics.

Pull quotes from GoVols247 article from JUNE 9, 2021.

"First-year athletic director Danny White provided an update on the situation on Wednesday afternoon, saying Tennessee is in constant contact with its outside counsel and the NCAA regarding alleged recruiting violations that occurred under Pruitt the previous coaching staff. However, White did not have a firm timeline on when the case might conclude or move on to the next phase...

...Tennessee also included a clause in Heupel's contract that automatically adds an extra year to the deal if the Vols wind up with a postseason ban of two or more years or incur scholarship reductions of eight or more scholarships as a result of the investigation, suggesting the potential ramifications of the alleged violations committed by the former staff...

...Chancellor Donde Plowman previously suggested it was unlikely the Vols would have a resolution on their NCAA case with sanctions handed down, either self-imposed or by the NCAA, before the start of the 2021 season, but White during a Zoom call on Wednesday declined to even guess on any sort of target date for the case to conclude...

...We want to come out of this as an example of how NCAA issues should be solved in the future. We are going to operate with the highest level of integrity and hold ourselves accountable for the issues that did occur here. I’m not trying to give you a non-answer answer, but we’re kind of in the same place. Are we closer than we were a month ago? Yes, but I can’t put a timeframe on it because I just don’t know. These things are fluid. Each interview could yield different information that takes on a different turn in the investigation. “Nobody can put a timeframe on it right now.”

--- Patrick Brown, GoVols247
Still expecting a d*** slap from the NCAA. They're like the government, once they're involved, everything goes to ****. Better off firing Pruitt for the awful job he did as HC. Anyways, thanks for posting. Go Vol Baseball!

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Bold predictions: They’ll be an announcement that Friday before we play Florida. They’ll be the biggest and baddest of the baddest news the Friday before we play Bama. They’ll be just a little bit of the finishing touches Friday to wrap it up before we play Georgia. JG will be in the top 5 passing in the country, and in the top 5 heisman trophy race. Eric Gray will be in the top 5 in rushing in the country. Pruitt will win his case, and get his 12 million, and wasn’t involved in the McDonald bags. Butch Jones will be undefeated in 8 games smoking more cigars😂

This will drag out till 2023 no bowl for two seasons and massive scholly restrictions is my prediction. We are Tenneseee so you know they are going to screw us hard in the butt without lubricants so expect the worst.

Both schools fought NCAA and threatened law suits against NCAA, or coaches did.. NCAA is actually scared of going to court. MRs Plowman is handing them the evidence making it easy for the NCAA..

Not sure what you mean by "fought" or "threatened" lawsuits as far as LSU. I mean, I would say every school is going to defend themselves depending on the issue(s). The three football violations were reported, although the 1 serious infraction payment came out during another legal process. There isn't anything for LSU to report on basketball, the allegations on Will Wade can't be acted on by LSU because it has no information as to payments. One day that might change but we're entering the fourth year on that. As far as I know there hasn't been any threats of lawsuits nor do I know where what it would be about. Now Will Wade going after people (reporters i.e. Dickie V) for slander is a possibility but those types of lawsuits are not very good cases.

NCAA is actually scared of going to court.

Most of this will never see the inside of a court room, but big time college sports is coming to an end in its present form anyway. NCAA has bigger problems now i.e. their money racket is coming to an end.

If I were UT, I would just finish up... take the people behind the woodshed in house that need to be gone. Offer some small self-imposed penalties and tell the NCAA to **** off.

What did we do ? I have no idea. Haven't seen a thing about any specific violations. To me UT has a clandestine Athletic department. Piss on fans and tell them it's raining kind of thing. What violations I ask?
Didn’t Pruitt get fired for cause, and without pay for something UT obviously had to know at the time the contract was terminated? Have those specific reasons ever been released to the public?

Last edited:
No shat. I don’t see why they can limit the scholarships a school gives out as some sort of punishment for violations. Bowl ban? Sure. But not scholarships
Since they determine the maximum number of scholarships any school can give, I would assume they have administrative control of scholarship numbers overall, including reductions in the case of violations.

VN Store

Back