‘22 TN SF Brandon Miller

swchandler1988

Bazooka4Heisman
I may be dreaming but i gotta waste my time somehow. 3 of these guys train together, one lives in Nashville (Miller), the other’s hometown is an hour from Barnes’ hometown and just 4 hours away from Knoxville
0BB3AFC6-C9B9-4A8D-8312-39069F879B05.jpeg

Tennessee has always recruited the Nashville area very well in basketball........ Mike Jackson and Jordan Bone are a couple of examples.

Reactions: cardvolfan
"Tennessee is the home state school and that's cool," Miller told 247Sports National Basketball Director Eric Bossi last month. "They say a lot of the same things as Alabama and that they are going to keep recruiting me hard.

"Really, all the schools say pretty much the same thing.”

Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, Louisville and Kentucky are schools that have been in contact with Miller, according to Bossi. The Vols have previously hosted Miller on unofficial visits in Knoxville, before the pandemic shut down recruiting. Miller’s father played football at Alabama.

"He says some stuff about them but he mostly tells me that it is my decision and that he'll support me wherever I decide to go,” Miller said of his father and the Alabama connection. “Things kind of slowed down while they were in the tournament but I think things with them are going to be getting back really active with them soon.”

Miller told Bossi in April he’s kept his focus on playing basketball while not worrying much about the recruiting process.

"I am going to look for a place that I can have a really good bond with the head coach," Miller said, "and that I can fit in with the playing style. I'd like to play on the wing and have a chance to have the ball in my hands.”
-Ramey

Official Visit- June 8th

I guess I remember Charles Davis, Ron Mercer, David Vaughn Jr, Coey Brewer and Brandon Wright as tough losses.
Don’t remember Davis or Vaughn, but Mercer, Brewer, and Wright would have been game-changers in Knoxville. None were ever coming to Tennessee, though, unfortunately. Mercer, allegedly, wanted to attend Vanderbilt but was denied admission. Wright grew up a Carolina fan. Brewer wasn’t coming to play for Buzz. Some really good ones that got away, for sure.

Don’t remember Davis or Vaughn, but Mercer, Brewer, and Wright would have been game-changers in Knoxville. None were ever coming to Tennessee, though, unfortunately. Mercer, allegedly, wanted to attend Vanderbilt but was denied admission. Wright grew up a Carolina fan. Brewer wasn’t coming to play for Buzz. Some really good ones that got away, for sure.

Mercer absolutely was coming to UT before a last ditch Kentucky bagman visit snagged him. But yes, had Vandy admitted him, he’d have gone there.

Their success and style of play worry me more than the dad...Keon Johnson’s mom played at Auburn.

I was mostly kidding, but yeah the Nate Oats affect has changed this recruitment. If this was just the "same ole Bama" he probably doesn't even consider them, but the fact that Oats has that program rolling will make it tough to steer him away.

Reactions: Maxwell865
“I really liked my visit,” Miller said of his trip to Knoxville. “I mean, just driving into the entrance of campus and boom there you see the arena and the practice facility on the river, that’s really cool. I liked that a lot, it was really impressive.”

“It was all good stuff, I liked being able to spend time with coach Barnes and get to know him a little bit, he’s a funny guy. I know that we ate a lot, I can say that, I was never hungry,” Miller said with a chuckle.

“It’s always good to get out and see people and try to learn as much as you can about the schools that are recruiting you,” Miller said of finally being able to take his first official visit. “I’ve talked to Coach Clark a bunch but it was great to finally be able to meet him face-to-face and get to know him a little more. He’s a really cool guy and we’re building a relationship.”

Miller said it’s too early for him to start thinking about a top-five after having made just one official visit. He hasn’t even cut things down to a top ten yet, something he says he’ll do in August. as of now the only other official visit he’s lining up is one to Alabama, but that isn’t set in stone yet. In short, as a result of the dead period it doesn’t seem like Miller is very far along in his recruitment.

He knows what he’s looking for in a program though.

“I want to find some place where I really fit in with the whole program, with the coaching staff, with the team, with the style of play,” he said. “I’m really just looking for somewhere that I feel comfortable and where I fit in on and off the court.”
-VQ

I guess I remember Charles Davis, Ron Mercer, David Vaughn Jr, Coey Brewer and Brandon Wright as tough losses.

Larry Finch was David Vaughn's uncle. I was young back then, but I don't think he ever considered anywhere else.

Edit: The David Vaughn I am referring to is David III. In the 70's, his dad, David Vaughn, Jr. was going to Memphis State but ended up at Oral Roberts after Oral Roberts himself visited him.

Reactions: wmcovol
Larry Finch was David Vaughn's uncle. I was young back then, but I don't think he ever considered anywhere else.

Edit: The David Vaughn I am referring to is David III. In the 70's, his dad, David Vaughn, Jr. was going to Memphis State but ended up at Oral Roberts after Oral Roberts himself visited him.

Charles Davis was a great player at Vanderbilt. They called him Charlie D.-Duke of the dunk. He and Mike Rhodes from Perry County were called Town and Country.

VN Store

Back