Tennessee vs. LSU in the Super Regional

I was thinking more about the pitching debate some were having about throwing Blade game 1. I don't think that will happen because even if you go with your hot hand game 1, it would effect the mentality of Chad Dallas, which is a really important factor. Let's say you lose a Game 1 with Blade on the mound, that's almost like going all-in on the first hand of a poker game. Here's what I think happens.

Game 1: Dallas
Game 2 (if loss): Tidwell
Game 2 (if win): Heflin
Game 3: whoever didn't throw game 2

I was thinking more about the pitching debate some were having about throwing Blade game 1. I don't think that will happen because even if you go with your hot hand game 1, it would effect the mentality of Chad Dallas, which is a really important factor. Let's say you lose a Game 1 with Blade on the mound, that's almost like going all-in on the first hand of a poker game. Here's what I think happens.

I like that, Blade is clearly our number 2 and maybe 1...he does have lowest ERA but still a FR so might still get rattled

Winning game one is the key to winning the super regional. It puts their backs to the wall for two straight games. That's a lot of pressure for their pitchers. So I would throw whoever gives us the best chance to win game one. I might even use two of our best starters in game one just to make sure we win it. We have four starters, given what I saw in Hoover. We will obviously use anyone at anytime in this do or die format. And so will they. Gotta win game one.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
LSU fans saying they hope the high ticket prices will keep the low class Vol fans out… Seems some are coming just to start fights and teach Vol fans some class… Gonna be more people outside than inside the stadium.

Go Vols!!!

There is some push on Twitter to have some sort of street event like a projection screen like the preds did not too long ago. Swain has tweeted and retweet posts about it. Hopefully some groundswell will get the AD at least thinking about it. Hell, everyone just show up with radios and make noise

I'd throw Blade 1st. If we win or lose, I'd still throw Heflin. If Dallas gets the clean up.

There is some push on Twitter to have some sort of street event like a projection screen like the preds did not too long ago. Swain has tweeted and retweet posts about it. Hopefully some groundswell will get the AD at least thinking about it. Hell, everyone just show up with radios and make noise

Danny boy (AD) has the opportunity to get in good with the fans on this one, if he seizes it.

Reactions: Yeiser10
Man I know liability and all that but jeez….throw us a bone. Hell have concessions out there and make some damn money

Hell, the city could host something like that at Market Square; the downtown businesses would love it after the fauxdemic.

There should be watch parties all over campus...... and Knoxville.

Other than giving LSU an extra day of rest, they possibly could have looked at local weather forecasts. No reason to schedule us Friday if there’s the chance of it getting rained out by thunderstorms.

It has to do with the set up for the CWS.

Last edited:
LSU fans saying they hope the high ticket prices will keep the low class Vol fans out… Seems some are coming just to start fights and teach Vol fans some class… Gonna be more people outside than inside the stadium.

Go Vols!!!
That’s what happens when your program isn't relevant anymore🤣😂🤣

Reactions: feathersax
Game 1 is muy importance. I understand the arguments for either Dallas or Tidwell. I would ride with my Senior here. He deserves it. Chad will get it done. If we can get Marceaux to throw a lot of pitches, I think we can do serious damage to their bullpen.

Reactions: feathersax
Yes, game 1 is important, but you have to think about the series as a whole. That single game 1 outcome is not necessary to get to Omaha. I fully expect this series to be an "all hands on deck" event, but we're not going to overplay our hand to secure one game. It takes two to advance and as equally as important as having your ace-a throwing game 1 is the fact we could have ace-b going game 3 if necessary. As fans, we want game 1 bad, but the play is to ride the horse you've been riding all season.

Cheese game 1 all day, any day. He's our stud.

Yes, game 1 is important, but you have to think about the series as a whole. That single game 1 outcome is not necessary to get to Omaha. I fully expect this series to be an "all hands on deck" event, but we're not going to overplay our hand to secure one game. It takes two to advance and as equally as important as having your ace-a throwing game 1 is the fact we could have ace-b going game 3 if necessary. As fans, we want game 1 bad, but the play is to ride the horse you've been riding all season.

Cheese game 1 all day, any day. He's our stud.

By his standards, Chad didn't have his best stuff last week, in the past when that's happened, he's been phenomenal the next 3-4 outings. I look for a strong game by Chad and getting us to the 8th inning........

VN Store

Back