Florida Georgia Bama

I wonder if the Alabubbians would have posted similar $h*t on message boards from 1997 - 2006 or even earlier during the Perkins/Curry era?

I wonder if the Alabubbians would have posted similar $h*t on message boards from 1997 - 2006 or even earlier during the Perkins/Curry era?
I agree with your point about 97-06 but there is a bit of a difference. Although we won most of those games they at least had a chance to win. At this point we haven't really had a chance to win majority of the games against Alabama. So no to me this isn't a rivalry anymore.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I agree with your point about 97-06 but there is a bit of a difference. Although we won most of those games they at least had a chance to win. At this point we haven't really had a chance to win majority of the games against Alabama. So no to me this isn't a rivalry anymore.
We are Vanderbilt to Alabama now a cupcake it’s sad because the third Saturday in October used to be the one of the best rivalries in college football. I have been flamed on here before for suggesting we end our yearly game with them but it makes sense to do it when you look at the numbers. Tenneseee should quit playing Alabama.

. That is correct during our 7 game win streak our largest margin of victory over them was 27 points our average margin of victory was only 14 points far less compared to the margin of victory they have put on us in their current 14 game win streak.

This is a legitimate question with Tenneseee football in 2021. Live in the present
It's a stupid question that gets asked by trolls like you several times a year. The answer is YES. Now what?

You guys are always worried about what others think about us a fan base, you don't think they read crap like this over and over and think you're all pitiful little crybaby quitters????

You're defeatist attitude is not only pathetic it's way more embarrassing than the "Volfan sunshine pumper" predicting 9 wins.

monophy.gif

Kentucky and Vandy have always been rivals, they just weren't competitive rivalries. Bama, Florida and Georgia are still rivalries, they just currently aren't competitive ones.

200w.gif

Do we still consider these teams our rivals presently ? Or is it South Carolina , Kentucky and Vandy now
If this is serious, the answer I think is yes.
they are our oldest and/or most important rivals.
As far as are they our CURRENT most competitive rivals, meaning do we have their similar roster talent right now, of course they are not.
We do, however, have the expectation level that our talent will once again get back to match
“the big three” games on our schedule every year. When that happens, we will once again look at USC, Mizzou, UK and Vandy as teams that we SHOULD beat each year. That’s, of course, not the case just YET.

Let me make both sides happy. Alabama is our biggest rival the third Saturday in October. Tennessee is not Alabamas biggest rival its an automatic win for them and a chance to smoke cigars.

We are Vanderbilt to Alabama now a cupcake it’s sad because the third Saturday in October used to be the one of the best rivalries in college football. I have been flamed on here before for suggesting we end our yearly game with them but it makes sense to do it when you look at the numbers. Tenneseee should quit playing Alabama.
I don't agree we should stop playing them that's what cowards do. We need to hire the right coach and man up

Do we still consider these teams our rivals presently ? Or is it South Carolina , Kentucky and Vandy now
Fair question, that you already now the answer for.

In the verb sense, rival or rivaled, mean equal or comparable to.

No. absolutely not. We haven't been rivals with Florida since 2005ish
Bama---2007, UGA has a 4 game streak currently. and had another 5 game streak before 2015,2016.

And the main problem is offense. We just haven;t had enough offense consistently to be rivals against those guys,

So I think Heupel has as good as chance as any to help change that...

Fair question, that you already now the answer for.

In the verb sense, rival or rivaled, mean equal or comparable to.

No. absolutely not. We haven't been rivals with Florida since 2005ish
Bama---2007, UGA has a 4 game streak currently. and had another 5 game streak before 2015,2016.

And the main problem is offense. We just haven;t had enough offense consistently to be rivals against those guys,

So I think Heupel has as good as chance as any to help change that...
I think we let the Florida series get away in 2006 the 21-20 loss at neyland I think if we had of won that game we would’ve won the SEC title and of course deny Urban his first national title and delayed his rise to the top but we couldn’t stop Tebow on 4 and 1 multiple times and got screwed on a pick 6 because of a bologna roughing the passer call. Of course another SEC title would’ve bought more time for Phil.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

These schools dominance over Tennessee since 2008 has more to do with Tennessee’s incompetence. Even Bama has lost to LSU, Auburn& Ole Miss multiple times during their current run vs Tennessee. Meanwhile Tennessee has lost 3 in a row to vandy, sC & Mizzou. It hasn’t taken anything special to beat Tennessee during the past 15 years.

What is the purpose of the question?

Just to see who you can get a rise out of?

Did you think none of the other posters had noticed our football program has been struggling?

Maybe you wanted to hype the Vandy, SC and UK games?

These questions beg to be answered.

What is the purpose of the question?

Just to see who you can get a rise out of?

Did you think none of the other posters had noticed our football program has been struggling?

Maybe you wanted to hype the Vandy, SC and UK games?

These questions beg to be answered.
. As I’ve stated before right now in 2021 this is a legitimate question about our football program who has struggled to beat anyone of merit let alone the big 3 since 2008. Where do we stand as a football program in 2021 ? Cause a whole generation of high school kids have gone from K-12 only knowing Tennessee football as losers as the butt of jokes in the SEC a once proud program relegated to the doormat of the league.

. As I’ve stated before right now in 2021 this is a legitimate question about our football program who has struggled to beat anyone of merit let alone the big 3 since 2008. Where do we stand as a football program in 2021 ? Cause a whole generation of high school kids have gone from K-12 only knowing Tennessee football as losers as the butt of jokes in the SEC a once proud program relegated to the doormat of the league.

I only asked for the purpose of the question.

So again...what was OP looking for when the question was asked?

I don't agree we should stop playing them that's what cowards do. We need to hire the right coach and man up
The East title should be based on playing all of the teams in the East.
I would personally like to rotate through playing all the teams in the West over a shorter period, but that's not to hide from Bama. I'd be happy to meet them in the SECCG on a regular basis.

The East title should be based on playing all of the teams in the East.
I would personally like to rotate through playing all the teams in the West over a shorter period, but that's not to hide from Bama. I'd be happy to meet them in the SECCG on a regular basis.
Well then you don't want to play Alabama because we will not be there

VN Store

Back