The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

Yank, any feedback on those 2.7 4 cylinders they are putting in some of the Silverados? It seems small for a full size, but maybe they're OK for somebody like me that isn't going to be pulling trailers hardly ever. I just haul some stuff in the bed from time to time and wouldn't mind some decent gas mileage and something a little roomier than my Frontier, as long as I don't have to mash it to the floor to accelerate.

Last edited:
Yank, any feedback on those 2.7 4 cylinders they are putting in some of the Silverados? It seems small for a full size, but maybe they're OK for somebody like me that isn't going to be pulling trailers hardly ever. I just haul some stuff in the bed from time to time and wouldn't mind some decent gas mileage and something a little roomier than my Frontier, as long as I don't have to mash it to the floor to accelerate.
It gets better gas mileage than my 5.3 and can tow a little more actually.

We‘ve sold everyone we’ve had pretty quick. Haven’t heard any complaints about them.

Reactions: UTwild82
Very. 7 trucks across all sizes. No Equinox’s, no Malibu’s

Noticed that here locally. Toyota/Dodge/Kia/Drive Time (all one ownership) Virtually empty. And I mean empty. Honda dealer is starting to get that way. They already emptied the used lot down the street back to the main lot. Chevy is empty. Ford lot is full. Hyundai is full and then some. They found a truckload deal on used vehicles or something. They filled up a dirt lot across the street with nice used trucks and such last week. Nissan is full, and a large offsite dealer excess inventory lot they pull from.

Some swear by the 2.7V6 Ecoboost in the F150. Pulls good for 10% of the owners that use them as a truck. Don't stop at every gas station.

It gets better gas mileage than my 5.3 and can tow a little more actually.

We‘ve sold everyone we’ve had pretty quick. Haven’t heard any complaints about them.

That says a lot. The 5.3 was a great all around engine. You could go from Cookeville to Birmingham and back on less than 1/2 tank.

Reactions: UTwild82
Yankee what brand do you sell again?

I am looking to get my wife either a new 2022 Lexus NX, Genesis GV70, or MB GLB.

The MB is probably not what we will go with as I think MB are junk but it does offer a 3rd row and with a warranty I may say yes if she fights me on it.

Edit....saw you sell GM/Cadillac.

What are your thoughts on the XT4 vs Terrain?

Last edited:
Some swear by the 2.7V6 Ecoboost in the F150. Pulls good for 10% of the owners that use them as a truck. Don't stop at every gas station.
I have an 2019 f-150 crew cab 4x4 with the 2.7, and I was hesitant at first but with almost 21mpg in town you can’t beat it. We love it, by the way when we head to the beach we get 24mpg. Pulls everything we would want. Rated to tow 8500 I think.

Yankee what brand do you sell again?

I am looking to get my wife either a new 2022 Lexus NX, Genesis GV70, or MB GLB.

The MB is probably not what we will go with as I think MB are junk but it does offer a 3rd row and with a warranty I may say yes if she fights me on it.

Edit....saw you sell GM/Cadillac.

What are your thoughts on the XT4 vs Terrain?
Price wise, the Terrain Denali will be similar to an XT4 Luxury (Premium Lux will be more). You get a little more front legroom with the XT4. You get more cargo volume with the Terrain.

If I were to get a Cadillac SUV, I'd lean towards the XT5 or XT6. Those are both V6 powered. I'm not a huge fan of turbo 4's (personal preference, nothing wrong with them).

If she wants 3rd row, the XT6 would be your Cadillac option.

Last edited:
Price wise, the Terrain Denali will be similar to an XT4 Luxury (Premium Lux). You get a little more front legroom with the XT4. You get more cargo volume with the Terrain.

If I were to get a Cadillac SUV, I'd lean towards the XT5 or XT6. Those are both V6 powered. I'm not a huge fan of turbo 4's (personal preference, nothing wrong with them).

If she wants 3rd row, the XT6 would be your Cadillac option.

Isn't the xt6 the same as an Acadia and on the lamba line?

She can't drive her Acadia so we are looking for something smaller and less boxy.

The xt6 is nice though.

Isn't the xt6 the same as an Acadia and on the lamba line?

She can't drive her Acadia so we are looking for something smaller and less boxy.

The xt6 is nice though.
That’s correct.
Gotcha. The 4 would be the smaller choice. Decent price difference between the 4 and 5 too.

Reactions: NEO
Hat trick today which is amazing considering the inventory. 1 used. 2 new.

‘17 Bolt
‘21 Trailblazer RS
‘21 Silverado 2500 LTZ

Reactions: McDad and joevol33
I have an 2019 f-150 crew cab 4x4 with the 2.7, and I was hesitant at first but with almost 21mpg in town you can’t beat it. We love it, by the way when we head to the beach we get 24mpg. Pulls everything we would want. Rated to tow 8500 I think.
One of the owners of the bowling center here has that truck. He loves it. My step sons company issued the larger eco boost in 4x4 crew cab for company trucks. They had a lot of issues with failed turbos and eventually went to Chevy last year.

I had a 1994 Toyo SR-5 4x4, 5 speed, std cab, 22R 4 banger. 22 mpg on the road. Pulled my heavy Procraft 16' F&S like it wasn't even back there. And would fit in places all these off-road wannabe giants can't even sniff. People over buy trucks. It wasn't good at rear ending a line of interstate traffic at 50mph. Bout the only thing that truck wouldn't do.

Ford is also putting that 2.7V6 twin T in the smaller Lincoln SUV's. Seems like it is fairing better over all than the 3.5 Eco. But, I haven't read up a whole lot on it.

We have about 25 new Chevy/Cadillacs

just curious from a sales point of view in the used market...what full size truck do customers praise, and which one is junk. sometimes brand loyalty can get in the way of opinions and experiences. Just curious if there really is a "good" truck out there. Keep it in the 1500 class trucks. Heavy Duties/2500's will muddy the water too much. The class is small really. Titan/Tundra/F150/GM1500/Ram1500. Tacoma probably still rules the "small" trucks ??

VN Store

Back