Optimism from SDS

Because the writer is characterizing White's hiring of Heupel, as one that centered on him having no connection to Tennessee, when we all know that was not the reasoning behind (re)hiring Heupel.
Wrong.

He did not imply that White wanted to get someone with no ties to Tennessee.

The writer stated that he felt that we needed people outside of the Tennessee family. White was outside the Tennessee family and he hired someone outside the Tennessee family.

Wrong.

He did not imply that White wanted to get someone with no ties to Tennessee.

The writer stated that he felt that we needed people outside of the Tennessee family. White was outside the Tennessee family and he hired someone outside the Tennessee family.

Yes, he directly implied that White, being an outsider, sought out Huepel, because he was also an outsider.

Danny White arrived in town with a strong track record and zero connection to Tennessee, and went out and hired a head coach with a track record of scoring points – and zero connection to Tennessee.

White's hiring of Heupel had absolutely nothing to do with him having no previous ties to Tennessee. It had everything to do with White having already hired Heupel once, and UT not wanting to spend more than they had to on Pruitt's replacement.

He just can't help but be negative every single time he posts.

Lol, you've been on here for what, 14 months?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
People posting Whisky bottles. Me, I'd post Kool-Aid - I've been drinking it too long and have been the last to bail out of a crappy coach. When doing that, folks like Bearded are seemingly negative, however in hindsight - they are the first to see it coming. I can't be critical at all.

What I haven't seen too much of is this: Someone wanting Pruitt fired and instantly being negative towards Heupel. Granted - he doesn't have the Nick Saban resume, but it's too early for ANYBODY to be negative towards him. Like: You wanted Pruitt gone, you got that, so for the time being be thankful for that.

That sentence you copied doesnt imply anything! It states what happened. White hired someone that would install a modern offense and he has no connections to Tennessee. That's not implying anything. That is a statement of fact. A fact the writer uses to support his position.

He does imply that White wanted to hire someone who would install a modern offense that throws the ball. Which is probably true.

That's the only time he implies anything. You're throwing some bs conjecture just to take a dump on something positive. The particulars of the hire have nothing to do with the point of this article.

Lol, you've been on here for what, 14 months?

giphy.gif
Oh, so you are the 'EXPERT' regarding UT football due to being on here 9 years and making 10,000 posts. What a joke you are!!!! Lots of people have had more than one screen name. Lots of people have been on here for years before joining or EVER JOINING to read posts from others without telling everyone they know it all, like yourself!!! Also, even Freak falls short of thousands of people who have been inside the program for many years that know MUCH more. Being a poster on Volnation doesn't make anyone any more educated about the circumstances within UT or any other college team!!! 99% on this board is spewed garbage most already know or have heard from other media sources, friends, family, etc...!!! People read this board to interact, find other articles and info, and get more insight to UT athletics. They don't come here to learn from 'KNOW IT ALL PEOPLE' like you think you are!!!

Oh, so you are the 'EXPERT' regarding UT football due to being on here 9 years and making 10,000 posts. What a joke you are!!!! Lots of people have had more than one screen name. Lots of people have been on here for years before joining or EVER JOINING to read posts from others without telling everyone they know it all, like yourself!!! Also, even Freak falls short of thousands of people who have been inside the program for many years that know MUCH more. Being a poster on Volnation doesn't make anyone any more educated about the circumstances within UT or any other college team!!! 99% on this board is spewed garbage most already know or have heard from other media sources, friends, family, etc...!!! People read this board to interact, find other articles and info, and get more insight to UT athletics. They don't come here to learn from 'KNOW IT ALL PEOPLE' like you think you are!!!

Jesus...unrustle your jimmies champ.

I was referring his time on here because he made the erroneous statement that every post of mine was "negative".

Last edited:
Danny White has hired a guy named the Hype
In which he will lead his efforts to improve, motivate, and develop players making us better with plight.
He will take the wheels and guide us through the flight.
He will be our leader day and night, only to put up a fight.
Then one day he will take us to great heights.

Yes, he directly implied that White, being an outsider, sought out Huepel, because he was also an outsider.

Danny White arrived in town with a strong track record and zero connection to Tennessee, and went out and hired a head coach with a track record of scoring points – and zero connection to Tennessee.

White's hiring of Heupel had absolutely nothing to do with him having no previous ties to Tennessee. It had everything to do with White having already hired Heupel once, and UT not wanting to spend more than they had to on Pruitt's replacement.
And, hiring someone who would actually take the job beside some 1A high school coach.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
And, hiring someone who would actually take the job beside some 1A high school coach.

Please. In Heupel's time at UCF, his name never came up on a list of possible candidates for any P5 job openings. He was never mentioned for the job at UT until Danny White was hired.

There's no need to try to craft some faux reality about how, and why he was hired. He's here now, and he and Danny White both will rise or fall based on the job he does as HC.

Or you could actually read the argument being put forth
"White, unlike previous athletic directors, based his hiring decision on one thing: How do you win games today in college football? By throwing the ball.

Enter, Josh Heupel."

Reactions: Behr and Rickyvol77
Or you could actually read the argument being put forth
"White, unlike previous athletic directors, based his hiring decision on one thing: How do you win games today in college football? By throwing the ball.

Enter, Josh Heupel."

Josh Heupel who'd not even gotten a mention for any P5 coaching vacancies since he'd started coaching at UCF until Danny White was hired as UT's AD.

There's no need to try to deify his hiring yet; let him at least coach a game first.

Josh Heupel who'd not even gotten a mention for any P5 coaching vacancies since he'd started coaching at UCF until Danny White was hired as UT's AD.

There's no need to try to deify his hiring yet; let him at least coach a game first.
You serious?

Edit: I just don't know how you get him trying to deify from that and it's comical that you say it with your history of throwing coaches under the bus before they coached their fir....heck before they were even hired. What's the difference?

Crazy talk

Last edited:
You serious?

Edit: I just don't know how you get him trying to deify from that and it's comical that you say it with your history of throwing coaches under the bus before they coached their fir....heck before they were even hired. What's the difference?

Crazy talk
He’s the king of exaggeration.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
You serious?

Crazy talk

It's not even hyperbole really. It's June, and we've already got posters attempting to weave a coaching mythology around Heupel, before he's coached a down; just like the last three hires.

There's really nothing wrong with acknowledging the fact that the only reason Heupel is at UT is because Danny White was hired as the AD; he'll still live or die by what he does on the field and the recruiting trail.

Reactions: volmanjr
It’s been a rough decade. Face it. We are a battered fan base. Articles like this are a fluff job really. Who really cares how much of an outsider White and\or Heuple Really are? Not worth debating except it’s the off season and you can only read so much baseball news.

I’m with these guys until they pull a Georgia State. That exposed Pruitt even to the faithful.
I’d go one step further- I’ll give him one mulligan because of the way Pruitt left with a “scorched earth”. I thought the cupboard was bare when Butch got fired, but this team is far from “loaded”. It’s an uphill battle for sure, and I’m not optometrist in the near term.

It's not even hyperbole really. It's June, and we've already got posters attempting to weave a coaching mythology around Heupel, before he's coached a down; just like the last three hires.

There's really nothing wrong with acknowledging the fact that the only reason Heupel is at UT is because Danny White was hired as the AD; he'll still live or die by what he does on the field and the recruiting trail.
I’m still waiting to see this mythical posters claiming to worship Heupel or say we have to build a statue of him or that he will win the NC in year 1. You claim this made up crap but you are the only one who apparently “sees” these posts

I’m still waiting to see this mythical posters claiming to worship Heupel or say we have to build a statue of him or that he will win the NC in year 1. You claim this made up crap but you are the only one who apparently “sees” these posts

I'm not going to go and quote the forums for you, the search function works. There are plenty of posts on here talking up 9-3 seasons already. There's been plenty of people trying to use the Fiesta Bowl loss to LSU as a sure sign that Heupel is going to return us to glory. There haven been more than a few predictions of him being a top SEC coach in a couple of years.

All of this before he's coached a down of football at UT.

Last edited:
I'm not going to go and quote the forums for you, the search function works. There are plenty of posts on here talking up 9-3 seasons already. There's been plenty of people trying to use the Fiesta Bowl loss to LSU as a sure sign that Heupel is going to return is to glory. There haven been more than a few predictions of him being a top SEC coach in a couple of years.

All of this before he's coached a down of football at UT.
Saying heupel has showed signs of success before against SEC teams as a positive attribute isn’t the same as deifying him. You are simply making up posts to try to beat the dead horse of your negative points that you don’t think much of him and that he will fail. The truth is he may be a great coach or an average one or a terrible one. But his track record which isn’t elite also isn’t dog meat either. So let’s see how he does before you start to proclaim how overrated you think he is to the point of making up dramatic strawman posts the other way that don’t exist except in your mind

Saying heupel has showed signs of success before against SEC teams as a positive attribute isn’t the same as deifying him. You are simply making up posts to try to beat the dead horse of your negative points that you don’t think much of him and that he will fail. The truth is he may be a great coach or an average one or a terrible one. But his track record which isn’t elite also isn’t dog meat either. So let’s see how he does before you start to proclaim how overrated you think he is to the point of making up dramatic strawman posts the other way that don’t exist except in your mind

JFC...That's just the last one that I laughed at.

Bowling Green-W
PITT-W
Tenn Tech-W
@ Florida-L
@ Mizzou-W
SCAR-W
Ole Miss-W
@ Alabama-L
@ Kentucky-W
Georgia-L
S. Alabama-W
Vandy-W

9-3 GBO!

You can feel free to go back through any of the prediction threads if you wish.

Jesus...unrustle your jimmies champ.

I was referring his time on here because he made the erroneous statement that every post of mine was "negative".
You sure are fired up today. Did you and your boyfriend get into an argument when you were larping in the park this morning? Ha!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back