UFO 60 minute interview

And if China/Russia have has this technology since WW2 when all the fighter pilots saw them, well then they must be light years ahead of us. Seriously, whatever these things are, they aren’t man made.
They're either extraterrestrial/dimensional or some yet to be explained natural phenomenon...... Or what would have been called angels or God through history or perhaps some strange combination of all the above.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
The probability of aliens existing is low, the probability of them existing within travel distance from earth is much lower, the probability of them being more advanced than us is low. You've got several compounding low probability events that come out to it being a near impossibility. Of course, I suppose it is very remotely possible, so you can't technically rule it out, but it is low enough probability that I feel safe saying that these aren't alien crafts.

Wait. Why is the probability low?

The rationale you're using to shore that statement up is based solely on our current understanding of technology and physics.

As I stated, we've gone from the Wright brothers flight at Kittyhawk to flying a helicopter on Mars in 118 years. Which in the scheme of the universe is literally nothing.

I think a stronger argument could be made that based on probability, it's "low" that we're one of a billions of sentient beings across the universe.

Reactions: lawgator1
You're making my point for me. Out of 14 billion years, we've only existed 100 k. That's pretty low probability. So to add to the low probabilities from before, a further compounding low probability event would be advanced/intelligent life existing at the same time in the same universe out of a 14 billion year continuum.

wat.

Why would you assume life would start, stop and reset to nothing across the universe?

You keep talking about probability's but you're foisting arguments based on personal anecdotes that have nothing to do with statistical probability.

There are 100 billion stars in our galaxy alone. There are 125 billion galaxies. That's a lot of probabilities

Human's have a hard time conceptualizing the length of decades in any concrete way, in our time line - that's " a long" time. It's impossible to conceptualize millions or billions of years - likewise it's mind boggling to try and reconcile the vastness of our universe. If for no other reason than the numbers you cited, the probability that we're alone must be staggeringly low.

Reactions: RikidyBones
Fine. Let's say the number is ten. It's still likely that we're not the only civilization out there.
The number of stars in the universe would make it probable.

How probable? Who knows. And how close might they be? Who knows. What are the chances another space traveling civilization could find us if we're billions of light years apart? Who knows.

I'm kinda in the group that thinks that due to the numbers of stars in the universe there's probably other civilizations out there, but due to the size of the universe we may never encounter each other.

The number of stars in the universe would make it probable.

How probable? Who knows. And how close might they be? Who knows. What are the chances another space traveling civilization could find us if we're billions of light years apart? Who knows.

I'm kinda in the group that thinks that due to the numbers of stars in the universe there's probably other civilizations out there, but due to the size of the universe we may never encounter each other.

Then you and I are in agreement. That was Sam's #2 point of which I did not quibble. Having said that, I do think that somehow another "civilization" has found their way to our solar system. I'd love to know how. It'd be the first question I'd ask were I ever abducted

Human's have a hard time conceptualizing the length of decades in any concrete way, in our time line - that's " a long" time. It's impossible to conceptualize millions or billions of years - likewise it's mind boggling to try and reconcile the vastness of our universe. If for no other reason than the numbers you cited, the probability that we're alone must be staggeringly low.

I think it is also very difficult for people to grasp the number of precise conditions that are required for life to even be possible. I'd imagine a miniscule proportion of solar systems contain planets which are even remotely capable of harboring basic life forms. Our planet, out of 14 billion years, has only been capable of sustaining life for 4 billion years. And only capable of sustaining intelligent human life for a micro-percentage of it's existence (0.00000714). Let's say that other solar systems ARE capable of sustaining life in the same way that earth is. And let's assume that, by some miracle, human existence is able to match the dinosaurs in terms of longevity (165 million years). That represents 0.0117 (or 1.17%) of earth's entire existence. How likely is it that a planet similar to earth would be experiencing its version of humanity at the same time our planet is doing the same? That is, how likely is it that our 1.17% existences are occurring in an overlap on the 14 billion year continuum? It isn't likely at all.

Reactions: Zues1
Either it’s:

1. The US getting caught testing out tech.
2. The US faking out other countries.
3. Other nations doing either of the above.
4. Something alien to us.

Considering how much of a game changer some of this tech could be it’s hard to imagine it not drastically changing that culture.

Doubt we’ll know for sure for a long time.

Looks like NASA may be taking this a little more seriously too, if they've not already

NASA is launching a further investigation into UFO sightings. The agency's chief says it can't rule out the possibility that sightings are of alien origin.

Nelson said he does not believe that UFOs point to evidence of extraterrestrials visiting Earth. "I think I would know" if that were the situation, he said. But he accepted it would be hasty to rule that out as a possibility.

"We don't know if it's extraterrestrial. We don't know if it's an enemy. We don't know if it's an optical phenomenon," Nelson said. "We don't think [it's an optical phenomenon] because of the characteristics that those Navy jet pilots described ... And so the bottom line is, we want to know."

I lean toward agreeing with the skeptics on one thing. With all our technology (cell phones, satellite imagery), why haven't there been clearer pictures yet? Why are we still just getting Big Foot photos? Why aren't there people on passenger planes reporting similar incidents more often? Unless these craft are solely interested in our military technology.

On the other hand, if these things are legit, I believe it would be really hard for a foreign power to keep this under wraps because it's so bizarre. Especially if they're manned, because the medical science involved would have to be just as advanced if not moreso.

Or maybe this is our way of us letting the cat out of the bag and telling our enemies, "Hey, we know what you're up to. Stop it."

Add to that the concept that multiple bubbles/universes may exist and that math then becomes almost inconceivable to all but the must brilliant amongst us.

I find the theoretical stuff very interesting even though i admittedly only have the just elementary/prescool grasp of most of it.

Reactions: AshG
It's not a matter of doing more investigation. It's a matter of declassifying because we already have the answers. Whenever gov't says "we're going to investigate something" what they're saying is "get off our back and move on to something else". Don't get your hopes up. Nothing will come of that investigation and nothing will come of what they're going to tell us this month

Reactions: davethevol
So Russia & China who still have turboprop bombers also have technologically advanced aircraft that defies the known laws of physics? 😉
Those Tu-95’s that keep stumbling into Alaskan airspace sure are scary. Their supersonic long range bombers are the Badgers from the early 80’s, no way they’ve been rope a doping the entire world for decades even during the crumbling of their own government.

I think it is also very difficult for people to grasp the number of precise conditions that are required for life to even be possible. I'd imagine a miniscule proportion of solar systems contain planets which are even remotely capable of harboring basic life forms. Our planet, out of 14 billion years, has only been capable of sustaining life for 4 billion years. And only capable of sustaining intelligent human life for a micro-percentage of it's existence (0.00000714). Let's say that other solar systems ARE capable of sustaining life in the same way that earth is. And let's assume that, by some miracle, human existence is able to match the dinosaurs in terms of longevity (165 million years). That represents 0.0117 (or 1.17%) of earth's entire existence. How likely is it that a planet similar to earth would be experiencing its version of humanity at the same time our planet is doing the same? That is, how likely is it that our 1.17% existences are occurring in an overlap on the 14 billion year continuum? It isn't likely at all.

I believe you possibly misspoke on the age of the our solar system and the earth. It is widely believed that our system is approximately 4B years old.

Point take though. it took nearly 4B years for a somewhat intelligent species to evolve on earth. Had it not been for one family of primates it may still not have happened.

I believe you possibly misspoke on the age of the our solar system and the earth. It is widely believed that our system is approximately 4B years old.

Point take though. it took nearly 4B years for a somewhat intelligent species to evolve on earth. Had it not been for one family of primates it may still not have happened.

LOL

You assume we're the first intelligent species to live in earth. 4 billions years is a long time

Reactions: Septic
You assume we're the first intelligent species to live in earth. 4 billions years is a long time

Yes, that would be my assumption until we find evidence otherwise. If there was a previous intelligent species it probably didn't get beyond their Stone Age.

Yes, that would be my assumption until we find evidence otherwise. If there was a previous intelligent species it probably didn't get beyond their Stone Age.
Maybe we’ve found evidence otherwise and not letting the public know?

Reactions: PEPPERJAX

VN Store

Back