John Wilkerson's Radio Call as Vols Stun Wright State

Troll my ass! I just made a statement. In baseball any team that has a pitcher get "hot" can do what WS just came near to doing. What I was noticing is a trend I have seen this season. That is our Vols, to me, seem to depend heavily on the long ball. I just wish to see more runs scored without depending on the long ball. I have not seen many Vol games on TV this year. For whatever reason I just can't catch them. See plenty of other SEC teams just not Vols. For that matter, I have not been able to see our regional on TV. Hardly hear much said about it, but what is said is watch out for the Vols on into the tourney.

Oh crap txbo, we got a Bunter!!!!

Oh crap txbo, we got a Bunter!!!!

We hit dingers.....It's what we do....Lots of dingers.....It's a dream come true.......fun to watch....gonna do it all the way to Omaha.

Reactions: vol66
You are right!! I don't watch as much as I once did. Back in the day (late fifties) I tried out for the Pittsburg Pirates (just for the fun of it). Turned out to be the fastest in the camp. Really good centerfield, until throwing back to infield. They told me I was too small as the Pirate organization was trending to bigger guys. (Ed Bailey, a couple of outfielders in the 6'2" to 6"5" range, big guys all over the field) Umpired for a number of years up to and including some college age guys in summer leagues, went to St Louis every year or so for some time. Watched and listened to games until life with and for my family cut into my baseball life. Now as an old fart trying to watch this "new" game just don't get it for me.

We used to play a lot of small ball......We lost a lot.

Reactions: Godfatha
We hit dingers.....It's what we do....Lots of dingers.....It's a dream come true.......fun to watch....gonna do it all the way to Omaha.

From yer typing fingers to the Man above...

Legoooooooooooooo!!!!

Reactions: txbo
We used to play a lot of small ball......We lost a lot.

I would like to say it was a pleasant experiment and no one has ever said he wasn’t a nice guy, and for once...I ate all the crow I can stand on that one, oof!!!

But thanks for bringing those players into my life, AJ, Maddox, Stewie, Senzel, I can’t name them all, you guys helped lay the foundation for all that is happening now!!!

GBO!!!

You clearly do not watch much baseball at all, because it's not just Tennessee "depending on the long ball." It's a large portion of teams across amateur and professional baseball. MLB is saturated with home runs and strikeouts. It's just how the game is played right now.
You are so very right about the K verses HR mantra. Its the way the game is played at the moment. MLB is on the ledge and about to step into off if its not careful. Many purist don't like the K vs HR game (I still enjoy it but do really enjoy a 1-0 pitchers duel) and MLB getting into a self inflicting wound with an insane political move, union negotiations looming, and attendance/viewership (it was tanking before COVID) really tanking baseball could go the way of the dodo bird. And that's not being an alarmist. It's a fact. And they, like all other leagues, are exploring other nations to "sell" their products to as well. I personally love baseball and have my whole life but I'm afraid we may be seeing a paradigm shift in America's favorite past time. For right now...Go Vols...hit 10 HR's a game if we need to...just win!!

It’s a long shot, but has anyone made the bat flip celebration a gif yet?

VN Store

Back