Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The elites hoard their billions and trillions while the lower class doesn’t get compensated enough for labor. My grandpa used to raise a family comfortably on a single forklift operator salary. Impossible today. Wages have stagnated horribly, due to a multitude of factors way over my head lol.

The floor jobs at my facility pay 15-18 an hour to start. Think you’re capped at 22. Idk though, I’m in the office

We pay about the same for our production jobs. It is a union facility too, so you top out but get 3% COL increases per year.

The federal minimum wage has been eroded by decades of inaction A lot of it has to do with how poorly wages have increased over time compared to inflation/ productivity and cost of living etc.

Don't need a federal minimum wage. If McDonald's can't get employees to flip burgers for $8/hr then they will pay more. Also, a burger flipper in CA where cost of living is through the roof would demand a wage higher than someone in MS where it is much less expensive to live. Applying blanket policies to the entire nation for things like minimum wages, education, etc. is the stupidest thing in the world. This country is vast and each state has different needs and priorities for its population. Heck. Even within a state there should not be many blanket policies. The needs and priorities of west TN may be different from middle or east TN. State and local policies should override federal garbage like the minimum wage.

The attitudes I see from people, the absurdity of "woke" culture, I'm not sure how this can be considered the "best time in human history". There is a lack of real leadership in this country(and there has been for some time) and really the world. We have people living in fear of disease and violence. We have more people at each others' throats over politics. And there doesn't really seem to be a change on the horizon.

So yeah, I gotta disagree on that whole "best time" thing.
Things are better than they have ever been by most objective metrics. Wealth, poverty rates, global hunger, etc.

Unfortunetly it's led to a generation.. My generation.. that doesn't know what real struggle is. Like they don't know the default human condition over history is just trying to stay alive. Everything is terrible and tyrannical and awful when you've never seen the real thing and can't show any humilility or appreciation your ass isn't in a field 14 hours a day just trying to get enough food to not die.

So, to give your point some validity, I fully expect us to cannibalise the things that provide the kush life we all have now. Easy times make weak men... Hard times make good men... That sort of thing always plays itself out. It's been downhill from a societal character point of view since the greatest generation.

Don't need a federal minimum wage. If McDonald's can't get employees to flip burgers for $8/hr then they will pay more. Also, a burger flipper in CA where cost of living is through the roof would demand a wage higher than someone in MS where it is much less expensive to live. Applying blanket policies to the entire nation for things like minimum wages, education, etc. is the stupidest thing in the world. This country is vast and each state has different needs and priorities for its population. Heck. Even within a state there should not be many blanket policies. The needs and priorities of west TN may be different from middle or east TN. State and local policies should override federal garbage like the minimum wage.
What about that new F150 that cost about 60,000 here, would it be the same in California? If so it would be alot harder for someone to afford it in the south than in California. You kinda see where in going with this

Dynamic characters? I can see some validity in the rest of those, but every single character has exactly one dimension and is an extreme stereotype. I thought the lack of depth and complexity in characters was the worst part of it. The evil guy is completely evil. The main character is completely good, never even considers doing anything other than the purely heroic and righteous. The goofy guy is completely goofy (except when he blacks out). That's a big reason why I tend not to like anime.

The world building and pacing was solid for sure.

I....AM....NOT...GOOOOOOFFFYYYYYY!!!

373437d29bb8b36bd716e15e0c0b9194.gif

What about that new F150 that cost about 60,000 here, would it be the same in California? If so it would be alot harder for someone to afford it in the south than in California. You kinda see where in going with this
I was out to dinner with some friends last night and one reported that the dealership he bought a 2018 Silverado from and put put about 26K miles on called him and offered $8k above what he paid new, cash offer not a trade.

Reactions: T Dog

So if people in TN don't buy $60k F150s then Ford will either lower the price in TN or they just won't sell as many. The free market works if you let it. The more the gubment meddles the more screwed up it gets. That goes for everything. The gubment is corrupt and inefficient. When it gets its fingers in the pie then the supply/demand curve gets jacked up.

I had driven the same Nissan pickup since 1997, and finally bought a new primary vehicle a couple of months ago. I really wanted either a full size pickup (esp F-150 or GMC) or a Jeep. None of these vehicles with less than 150,000 to 200,000 miles were in my price range and unfortunately, I have no God-given right to any of them, so I had to settle for a nice 2019 camry with low miles. That is life.

Last edited:
I was out to dinner with some friends last night and one reported that the dealership he bought a 2018 Silverado from and put put about 26K miles on called him and offered $8k above what he paid new, cash offer not a trade.
It is definitely a sellers marker right now.

I had driven the same Nissan pickup since 1997, and finally bought a new primary vehicle a couple of months ago. I really wanted either a full size pickup (esp F-150 or GMC) or a Jeep. None of these vehicles with less than 150,000 to 200,000 were in my price range and unfortunately, I have no God-given right to any of them, so I had to settle for a nice 2019 camry with low miles. That is life.
I know man, the cost of a truck is absolutely ridiculous right now, even going back 20 years, used trucks prices are ridiculous as well. I can't entertain the thought of one either right now. Gonna pay off my lil crossover and keep it till the wheels fall off.

So if people in TN don't buy $60k F150s then Ford will either lower the price in TN or they just won't sell as many. The free market works if you let it. The more the gubment meddles the more screwed up it gets. That goes for everything. The gubment is corrupt and inefficient. When it gets its fingers in the pie then the supply/demand curve gets jacked up.
Actually, stealerships in California would probably just buy up the inventory in the places where they sell them cheaper, then mark them up for profit. Also, in a free market I could buy a Hilux, or a Yaris GR4, or a Daihatsu Move. America is not a free market.

Reactions: jlawso21
I haven't heard a single person besides you refer to it as dumb entertainment. Masterpiece, fire, spectacular, revolutionary. Those are the kinds of words people use. Most anime is dumb and juvenile and shallow, but so many people said this one was supposed to be on another level.
Clearly, you've never seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Reactions: jave36 and Glitch
The elites hoard their billions and trillions while the lower class doesn’t get compensated enough for labor. My grandpa used to raise a family comfortably on a single forklift operator salary. Impossible today. Wages have stagnated horribly, due to a multitude of factors way over my head lol.
I hate to be the one to argue with you but I will be that guy. Your grandmother stayed home with the kids most likely-no daycare costs. There was no internet, cell phones, or cable- subtract that from your monthly expenses. The family mostly likely had 1 car or a second cheap car that was paid for. People paid for their cars, not finance them. Take away your car(s) notes. Houses were smaller with usually only 1 bath- cut your house not in half. Debt was considered a bad thing and most did not have anything financed. Now after you gave up all the modern day “requirements”, you too could raise a family and buy a house on one income with no problem.

Last edited:
So how much is unemployment right now. I heard the corona money was ended in June. I just lost my job last week because I was new hire and missed too many days because I tore cartilage in my knee again. I have never had unemployment and don't even know how to start it. But I think I need to right now if it is still 600 a week. Would help till I get better enough to get back to working. Old job was one of the best I ever had, hated that I got injured again before insurance kicked in. They said they want me back when I get Fixed, can't do nothing without insurance right now tho, so I am kinda stuck in a rut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back